“Trip to the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Lincoln Square

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gettysburg
Inn at Lincoln Square
12 Lincoln Square, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #1 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Trip to the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband began planning our trip to Gettysburg over 5 years ago for the 150th Anniversary of the 3 day Battle of Gettysburg.

There to greet us upon our arrival in the heart of Gettysburg, with a big smile, was Jeannine, our Innkeeper.

Our accommodations on the first floor Mary Juliet Danner suite were superb! It was like stepping back in time (built in 1820 and located less than 40 yards from the building where Lincoln polished up his Gettysburg address on November 18, 1863). It was beautifully furnished and very cozy. Jeannine greeted us every morning with freshly baked muffins, fresh fruit, and a smile.

We highly recommend The Inn at Lincoln Square for anyone who wants to be centrally located in one of Gettysburg's finest inns! The Benders

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ocean City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My granddaughter and I stayed at the Inn for three nights this past July 2013. Jeannine, the Innkeeper, was like a personal friend who literally saw to our every need. The Inn is historical, yet updated with cable and wifi. I loved it. The room was filled with muffins and fruit upon our arrival. The Inn is located right in the heart of everywhere anyone wants to go. The entire stay was delightful. We will definitely be back. In fact, my granddaughter misses it already.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Lincoln Square for four nights in June. It was our first trip to Gettysburg, and Jeannine the Innkeeper was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable during our entire stay. She warmly welcomed us and answered all of our questions and quickly took care of all reservation requests.

We stayed in the lovely Annie Danner suite and found the warm and comfy decor (extremely clean)to be exactly what we were hoping it to be. The room is stocked with everything needed for a very comfortable and relaxing stay; we slept so soundly in the bed! Coffee, delicious muffins, and fruit are stocked in the room. There really is nothing else that you need.

The Inn is lovely, quaint, and charming, and (for people like us from the Southwest) it truly evokes the feel of the Civil War period for the guest. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Gettysburg, as the location is ideal; you walk out the door to conveniently find restaurants, shops and cafes all around you.
We can't thank Jeannine enough for making our stay so wonderful! She makes it so clear that the satisfaction of her guests is her #1 priority; her sunny disposition contributed to making our stay at Gettysburg an absolutely memorable one!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

our recent visit to Gettysburg was again like coming home. Thanks to Janine and Linda we had a relaxing and comfortable stay. The Inn at Lincoln Square is beautiful,relaxing,CLEAN (beyond any we have stayed in), welcoming, and just PERFECT. You will not be disappointed in any way. Janine is the sweetest and most helpful person and Linda knows just what you want in comfort. This will always be our destination when in town.

Room Tip: any of the three suites is perfect
Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Of all the places one can stay in Gettysburg, the Lincoln Inn is by far the best. From the moment you arrive, until the moment you leave, you are treated like you are the most important guest they've ever had. The place contained every convenience you could possibly need and everything worked. Jeannie, the innkeeper, prepared us and the room, for a most enjoyable stay
I highly recommend this Inn above all other places to stay in Gettysburg.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We wanted to stay in a location close to where Lincoln wrote the Declaration. Our travel agent suggested The Inn at Lincoln Square, which had wonderful rooms right on the Square, but also had two townhomes adjacent to the Inn. They were perfect for our blend of two families. We chose the three bedroom and enjoyed all the space it provided. The location with parking suited our needs well. We walked to most restaurants and shopping, as well as a multitude of ice cream establishments. THE BEST part of the Inn though is their Inkeeper, Jeanine. She made arrangements for us for our tours ahead of time, ensured we found our parking spot with ease, provided clean up service in the room daily, provided muffins and fruit and coffee and tea, oh my! No matter the request, she did her best to accommodate. They have a real gem in Jeanine. We could sit and talk with her for hours, about all things Gettysburg. When we go back, we're staying there again, and we've already recommended her to others wishing to visit historic Gettysburg! Thank you Inn at Lincoln Square and Jeanine. The Jacksons and Summers

Room Tip: One bathroom is shared so speak with Jeanine if you need additional bath services...they may be bett...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This review is based on my second stay in the townhouse at the Inn at Lincoln Square. Once again, the Inn was a delightful place to spend 5 nights in Gettysburg. If you want to visit Gettysburg, you need to stay on the town square. The Square has restaurants, shops, and a bank. Right next door to the Inn is the David Wills House Museum. And next door to the museum is the Cannonball Malt Shop. The scoops at the Cannonball are huge and staff is very friendly. On the Square I happened to meet Professor Guelzo. Dr. Guelzo politely signed my copy of his latest book, "Gettysburg: The Last Invasion." The Gettysburg College Reunion fireworks could be seen from the Square. The Square is the perfect starting point to reach all the areas of the battlefield.
The Inn was clean and quiet, just like before. My party consisted of me, my wife, my son and daughter, and my son's friend. We were comfortable in the townhouse. The living room was roomy enough for all us. The kitchen came equipped with coffee, tea, bottles of water, creamer, fruit and wonderful muffins. (Everyone in the guest book loves the muffins!) The Internet connection worked fine with our laptop, iPhones and iPads. The Inn is like your home on the Square!
Jeanine the innkeeper is your best ally in Gettysburg. She is an invaluable resource for getting things done before you get to Gettysburg. She arranged for my tour with a licensed battlefield guide. She set up dinner reservations. She helped me plan a surprise birthday cake for my wife. (I purchased the cake from the Wells Family Bakery, based on Jeanine's recommendation. (The cake was rich and delicious.) I had an edible image of Abraham Lincoln sent to Jeanine and she delivered it to the bakery. Jeanine is responsible and willing to help. She promptly replied to all my E mails and phone calls.
I first stayed at the Inn one year ago. I can say that Jeanine and the Inn consistently deliver quality service and a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I love the townhouse at the Inn at Lincoln Square.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn at Lincoln Square? Share your experiences!