“Unique and Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 45 Activities in Gettysburg
Type: Other fun and games, Fun & Games
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion. -Reserve your photo session today, Visit our website and click the booknow button
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
New Jersey
“Unique and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Definitely a unique, educational and fun experience. Whole family (M&D + 3 girls) thoroughly enjoyed the experience and we have an awesome family photo!

Greenfield, Indiana
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We've had three photos taken at Victorian Photography. They all came out just right and look like they were taken in the mid nineteenth century. The owners are the best and do everything possible to properly stage your picture. This is becoming a tradition with us and we will most likely have a new picture taken every time we're in Gettysburg. We highly recommend this studio.

Reading, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I visited here yesterday with my Beagle Parker for a photo. We had a great time! The owners where very nice and made you feel welcomed. Our picture turned out great! I will do this again in the future.

Chesterfield, NJ
27 attraction reviews
“Without a Doubt Both Educational and Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was a terrific experience and we are just thrilled with our photo and the reaction of friends and family. The owners could not have been more pleasant and thoughtful and the entire experience was just a delight. Do not miss this opportunity to experience what it would have been like to have had your photo taken in 1863 in Gettysburg. I would love to do this again!

Vineland, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience and a great keepsake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I found this place through Tripadvisor and was surprised to see that a photo studio was the most popular attraction in Gettysburg. I asked my boyfriend if we could go here and he said sure. Then the government shutdown happened and our weekend trip looked to be jeopardized. One week before leaving the shutdown ended and our trip to Gettysburg and Washington DC was back on.

We booked our appointment for the first time slot that Saturday. We were greeted immediately when we walked in. Packages and prices were explained to us and then we were whisked away upstairs. The wife helped me get dressed while the husband set up things with my boyfriend. I was impressed with the amount of clothing and accessories that they had. I had seen in a previous review that they even had clothes for plus sized ladies. I told her I had NO idea what my dress size was since I had recently lost almost 100 pounds and she told me that one of the dresses would even fit women 5X. If you are worried about not fitting into anything then please worry no more and book an appointment!

My boyfriend picked his alliance to the north or south and his ranking and he was suited up. It took one snap of the camera and we were satisfied with the first try. I realized that my tattoo near my collarbone was showing and she said that they would edit it out.

We chose the digital package with 1 8x10 and 2 5x7 and she told me it would take a half hour for them to be completed. We walked the Gettysburg National Cemetary for an hour since it was only a block away and when we got back to the studio the pictures were ready.

They turned out AMAZING. I am seriously blown away at how great they are. My family, friends and coworkers raved about the quality of them. The price for this experience was well worth it. The service, friendliness, and quality of this place is fantastic.

Highly recommended!!