“Highly Recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Mount Holly, New Jersey
“Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband and I eloped in Nov and never really got a honeymoon...we took the chance to escape over New Years Eve to the Lodges at Gettysburg and it was AMAZING. We absolutely LOVED the lodge, the decor, the comfy bed, beautiful views, cleanliness and overall AWESOME stay! We will be back to do some horseback riding and touring in the Spring...without a doubt!

Room Tip: For couples, the MI lodge is perfect! A huge king bed, lots of space and a view to remember!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thanks so much for the nice review and for staying with us here at The Lodges! We are glad you enjoyed your New Year's celebration and everything we have to offer here at The Lodges at Gettysburg! Please fan us on Facebook too! See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Fairfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I wanted to get away for a little while for my birthday, but did not want to travel to far from home, we discovered the Lodges at Gettysburg, so close to home, but makes you feel like you are worlds away!.... When we entered the driveway to come to the Lodges we were greeted by 10 beautiful deer standing on the hill to our left and a big beautiful pond to our right. The Cabins are beautiful, the pictures do not do it justice! I loved the stone shower and the extra long and fluffy bath towels!! The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and wanted to take it home with me when I left. It was cozy, quiet, and above and beyond anything I ever expected from a property in this area. We had our own little deck, our own electric fireplace which was really a very nice touch! I can just go on and on. The lodges is our property of choice for a "weekend getaway" or if any family or friends come to visit. Thank you for making our weekend wonderful! :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Thanks so much for your review here on Trip Advisor! WE are please your birthday stay was wonderful and that you would recommend us to others! Hope to see you back here soon! Fan us on Facebook too.
Foothill Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I just spent two nights at the Lodges and what an excellent experience. It starts with the entrance secluded high atop a hill nestled in the woods to a warm and friendly greeting at the main building lobby. From there they direct you to the most spacious and wonderful bungalow / cabin experience you will ever have. The wood décor, beds, Kitchen area with all the amenities and modern TV integrated with WiFi easily accessed make it the perfect place to relax and still work if necessary. Even more amazing is the feeling of total seclusion or a perfect retreat that allows the mornings and evenings to be enjoyed even more when the sunset or sunrise is so glorious. This is a treat to be enjoyed and compares to the best places I have stayed and enjoyed around the world. Finally if you have a group and require the facilities for meetings, conferences and parties they have first class facilities.
I give the Lodges at Gettysburg the highest recommendation possible and feel you would be in for a great experience and never disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose the Virgina Cabin! Wow. However all the cabins are excellent.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your trip and the cozy secluded feel of our lodge! Fan us on Facebook too and keep your eye on our great deals we have for fans! Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We just spent the weekend in the 'Ohio" cabin. I would highly recommend and am likely to return.
The Cabin was warm, well-furnished and charming. The online photos do not do it justice. The room was immaculate. The furnishings were comfortable. The linens were simple but of good quality.
The continental breakfast was only fair. I had expected that from others reviews and we had a wonderful breakfast in our cabin. The kitchenette had adequate supplies and dishes. There was a small refrigerator and microwave. There was a full size coffee maker and enough condiments.
We arrived at night and didn't realize until the morning what a beautiful setting it is. The sunrise was beautiful and the grounds were perfect for a walk around the small lake.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thanks so much for the nice review and for staying with us here at The Lodges! We are glad you enjoyed the setting and everything we have to offer here at The Lodges at Gettysburg! Please fan us on Facebook too! See you soon!
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We are fairly local but wanted a relaxing getaway for my birthday weekend, and the Lodges couldn't have been more perfect! Their location is great with breathtaking views of the countryside and a beautiful lake. They're just far enough away from town that you feel like your in your own little world, but close enough to get to all the attractions and restaurants very easily. The lodge we stayed in was spacious, clean, and charming with lots of little touches that really matter like convienent travel coffee mugs, an iphone docking alarm clock, and plenty of extra towels, blankets, etc.. I absolutely loved the bathroom towels- they were the softest towels I've ever experienced (Wish I could have took them home!) The staff was very friendly and accommodating and definitely made us feel right at home. I also noticed lots of extra touches in our lodge like extra trim, great window blinds for privacy, lights in the slate tiled shower and closet, and a cozy cloth shower curtain. Showers are one of the most important things to me when I travel & it was A+. Plenty of very hot water and great water pressure :) The bed and pillows were comfy & we got a very quiet restful nights sleep. We will definitely be back and will recommend it to all our family & friends that visit Gettysburg!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Denise S, Social Media at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thanks so much for the excellent review! We are so glad you had a relaxing stay with us and everything was to your liking. Please fan us on Facebook too for great deals and specials! See you soon!
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I had our stay over Veteran's day weekend. We had rented one of the premium queen suites with a tub and were less than satisfied with our stay. While the unit was lovely, it missed the mark on several issues. The place was not thoroughly cleaned as many cobwebs were visible, furniture was dusty and the rugs had not been vaccumed. While the unit slept six, there was only enough seating for three. No little dining table and the two small stools at the kitchen counter were less than comfortable. The walls are very thin as we discovered when some folks stayed in the lock-out unit . . . we could hear every word spoken.
The hot water was non-existant and while a repairman did work on the water heater after my husband complained at the desk, there was no followup made. Two inches of hot water in a nice soaking tub is not acceptable. We won't even discuss the breakfast or parking . . .
The lodge did send my husband a survey on which he expressed his concerns about our experience. We have not as yet been contacted by anyone from management to rectify the situation. For the price of the premium suite, there should have been an adjustment made.
As my husband is CMO of a training company, we had hoped to use The Lodges in the future for meetings and leadership retreats. At this point in time, that is unlikely to happen.
The view is beautiful and peaceful. However, it's the little things that other less costly facilities take pride in that have convinced us to choose other places to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Denise S, at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We have completed several renovations over the past few months and hope that you will come back and stay with us again. We have some great new photos of the property on Facebook if you would like to check them out! Thanks again!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

This is a rather isolated gem in a very touristy area. The staff are extremely nice. Slate tiles, hardwood floors, great bedding and decor - not to mention incredible views. However I wholeheartedly agree with previous reviews about the noise. In the newer units, you share a wall/adjoining doors with another suite. Our suite shared a wall with a group of young adults who were yelling, blasting the television and slamming furniture around. I asked to be moved (something I've never done before) and was transferred immediately to one of the original units, which was a private, 6-person cabin. It was unbelievable and I highly recommend staying in one of these cabins. I found both units to be spotlessly clean and the continental breakfast was much more than we expected to find (bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc.). I would stay again but would avoid the units with the shared walls.

Room Tip: Great for groups - for couples staying in the newer units, hope that you get neighbors who are quiet...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thanks so much for the nice review and for staying with us here at The Lodges! We are glad you found the accommodations clean and comfortable! We strive to make sure everyone is as happy as can be on their vacation! Please fan us on Facebook too! See you soon!

Been to The Lodges at Gettysburg? Share your experiences!