“the perfect getaway !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
beaverdale
“the perfect getaway !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We loved our stay at the lodges. It was very clean, peaceful, & the perfect quiet getaway place to stay. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a fantastic place to get away to. The staff were terrific, we couldn't ask for anything more. I can't wait to return !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Sherburne, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My family and I went down on Memorial Day weekend and really enjoyed our stay at the Lodges. Yes, they are still under construction but the property was clean and the staff was very friendly and informative. In the evening we sat out on the back deck and watched fireworks that were going on in Gettysburg, it was gorgeous and we didn't have to deal with the crowds! It was the perfect distance to the hustle and bustle of Gettysburg, about 2 miles, and the drive to the to town was serene! I would recommend staying here to people that enjoy being out of the busy pace of town and the relaxation of nature...all within a short drive to the activities! Oh, and I LOVED the breakfast basket...nice added touch to the stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We came to the Lodges to take advantage of its quiet but well appointed facilities to hold a 2-day corporate strategic planning retreat. Several lodges sit atop one of the highest ridges in Gettysburg, providing great views of its historic battlefields. The lodges appear to be very rustic-- and blend perfectly into the hills near the Gettysburg Battlefield Park. But don't be fooled --inside is a wide array of modern amenities--very comfortable beds, flat screen TVs, a fully appointed kitchen, ceiling fans, modern bathrooms with all the latest amenities, and furnished with beautiful antique desks, benches, rugs, and bed frames. Our lodge had a back porch with 2 comfortable chairs that we used as we sipped our coffee and took in the scenic view. A fishing pond and a really nice walking trail are part of the amenities onsite, but we didn't have time to take advantage of them. The main building hosts a reception area, a large bar/gathering place, several meeting rooms and a grand hall, suitable for large events and wedding receptions. When we were there, final touches in the construction of the main hall and the last few lodges on the hill were just being completed. Nonetheless, it was still remarkably quiet and clean! We were impressed by how friendly the staff was and how they helped to ensure our corporate retreat went well, complete with full technical support and services. The meeting room we used was wired to support our presentations on a big screen and had a great sound system built in. We plan to return again next year, and incorporate a tour of Gettysburg as part of our retreat!

Room Tip: Each lodge is different-but the VA Lodge is great!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

My wife and stayes here for a weekend getaway. Wow what a great place. Yes there is construction but still that doesnt take away from the beauty of this place. Each cabin is its own. Beautifully designed and very spacious.Each cabin is a modern spin on cabin life. A huge bathroom with a kitchenette and very comfy beds. Service was outstanding with a very Knowledgeable staff, Intereacted with a Steve and Sarah who worked there. Both very knowledgeable and nice. A little bit away from the centoer of gettysburg but that makes it good as its nice and quiet. will definatley stay here again

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed at the Lodges when it first opened. I have to say that although the property was under construction, the workers were extremely quiet and curtious to me. I was met by the property manager who was classy and very professional. He gave me an indepth tour of the property and the expansion plans before driving me to my cottage. The cottage was warm and equipped with a gift basket, a fishing pole and a bottle of wine. The kitchen and the living area were meticulously decorated and comfortable. The furnishings complemented the beautiful hardwood floors and ceiling beams.

I arrived in the early afternoon and was able to walk around the property most of the day, had lunch by the well stocked lake and spend time reflecting on the history and events of Gettysburg. I drove into town and instead of dining at a local restaurant, I picked up food and brought it back to the cottage. I spent the rest of the evening under the star-filled shy, enjoying the peace and tranquility of the location and moment.

Having traveled around the world and frequenting many luxurious places, I have never experienced such an overwhelming feeling.

TJ showed me the location for the ballroom and conference center, and I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to conduct a leadership, team building, strategic planning off-site meeting for an organization.

I would highly recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg to individuals, couples, families and corporate get-aways. I assure you that everyone will walk away with a few lasting memories.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

My husband and I recently spent a romantic Valentine's Weekend here at the Lodges and it was perfect! I could not have asked for a better place to stay- beautiful cabins, gorgeous view, privacy and maid service!! This was not our first trip to Gettysburg, as my husband is a civil war buff, but it will definitely be where we stay from now on. The view from our back door was amazing, you could see across the valley all the way to Little Round Top. And it was so quiet at night, we heard an owl in the woods! In fact, at first we were wishing we had a hot tub to enjoy the stars, but quickly realized what an intrusion all the noise from the hot tubs running would have made and just enjoyed the peace & quiet as it should be.
All the important points of a good stay are there, clean, well decorated, all the amenities (including a cork-puller!) and a courteous staff. And then there are extras I didn't expect, large fluffy towels, robes and slippers, high quality toiletries and a full set of dishes.
Located just a short drive from downtown, it was convenient to all the local attractions.

Since it was winter, there were only a few other cabins rented wile we were there. My only negative is that the cabins are situated close to each other and in the height of summer tourism I would worry about not having the peace, quiet and privacy that we enjoyed this time. But time will tell,once construction is finished, some well-placed landscaping could help with that. And it would be a plus if you were traveling with a group, yet each wanted their own private retreat at night!
All-in -all a great stay in Gettsyburg!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed at "The Lodges" for a romantic anniversary stay. Yes, there is construction throughout the entrance areas, but it was of no impact to our wonderful cabin stay. (If they are busy/booked, the cabins closer to the construction might be impacted by the noise, so just ask.)

Because of the views (and it is as far away from the construction as possible), I would highly suggest the Alabama cabin (or the somewhat secluded one that is shown on this site - not sure of the name of that one). If you are looking for a romantic getaway place, look no further.

The entire cabin seemed to be centered on/built around the huge king size bed - perfect!
The high-speed wireless internet was the best I have experienced!
The personal service and staff was superb, and the basket breakfast was a perfect touch that I hope they still provide even when the dining hall construction is complete.
The views of the stars at night were amazing, and it was so quiet and peaceful.
Modern appliances and furniture throughout (small microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen TV, great bathroom, kitchen with coffee/tea, utensils, cups, plates, etc.)
Bed was firm and linens were clean and comfortable. Great squooshy pillows too.

If I had to make a "the one thing to do better" remark, I would say that the main heater (which you definitely need in the winter) is a bit noisy, and doesn't simply stay on. It seemed to be on a temp. timer, so throughout the night, it kicked on and off...on and off...on and off. So, have a glass of wine or two, sleep soundly, and it wont bother you!
The cabin air did get a bit dry too - if that is a concern for you.

Highly recommend, and once the construction is over, many more may find their way to these cabins in the future. Take a break with your spouse, and celebrate at The Lodges.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodges at Gettysburg? Share your experiences!