“Craving the stew!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 114 restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
“Craving the stew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is a must! It is now my new favorite place to eat. Service, food, ambiance, all was wonderful! I had the beef stew and the husband had a whiskey burger. Yum!! More food than we could eat. Very reasonably priced. If you want a good meal, this is the place to go!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Baltimore, MD
“Not a bad place to grab a drink or two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped in between lunch and dinner. Our bartender was attentive and the drinks and beer were good. Nice selection of beer and wiskeys.

Visited October 2013
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Irish Grub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was good and the service friendly. However, my wife and I were put off by having to wait for a table when 4 tables were available. The hostess probably wanted us to have a drink at the bar, as other couples were doing but since we don't drink we simply waited needlessly. After it became clear to her that we weren't going to the bar, she seated us. Managment needs to reconsider this obvious ploy.

Visited October 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

From the outside Garryowen's Irish Pub looks like a dump, inside is not much better...however it has a unique atmosphere, the wait staff is friendly and attentive, the food is good and the prices are reasonable. My wife had the "Wee" Fish and Chips, she said the fish was tasty, moist and well cooked, the chips were delicious. I had a Hereford Steak salad with crisp greens and a very tasty and well cooked steak. If your going to visit Gettysburg, stop in to Garryowen's for an enjoyable dining experience

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Franklin Ohio
“Great Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We spent the day at Gettysburg and we got super hungery. It was 4 before we had "lunch" but it was very good. I don't even like beer but had 2 and liked it. One was a harp .. .anyway i had the fish and he had a burger ... we both agreed my fish was AMAZING. It's super big and he was willing to help me eat it. It didn't taste greasy or fishy ... or too much batter. I could eat it once a week and still love it. I didn' t get fries .. don't like frys ... I think I got potato chips with it but the fish was enough for a meal. It was a fun pub.

• Visited September 2013