“Great Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Franklin Ohio
“Great Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We spent the day at Gettysburg and we got super hungery. It was 4 before we had "lunch" but it was very good. I don't even like beer but had 2 and liked it. One was a harp .. .anyway i had the fish and he had a burger ... we both agreed my fish was AMAZING. It's super big and he was willing to help me eat it. It didn't taste greasy or fishy ... or too much batter. I could eat it once a week and still love it. I didn' t get fries .. don't like frys ... I think I got potato chips with it but the fish was enough for a meal. It was a fun pub.

• Visited September 2013

East Liverpool, Ohio
“Restaurant Highlight of the entire trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I convinced my mother that we should go here, because it was ranked so high on this website.
Let me tell you... It. Was. Amazing.
We were lucky enough to find a parking spot right on the street by the pub. And we only had to wait a moment to be seated (But don't be fooled... we were told by our waitress, and other people we talked to, that we were lucky. And they were right, because the entire visit, there were constantly people showing up, waiting for tables, etc.).
Our waitress was so lovely! She was friendly and attentive, and was waiting on just about the ENTIRE room on her own! It's not a huge place, by any means, but that's still a lot for one person. And I don't believe I ever saw her use a pen and paper to write down orders. Nor did I see her make any mistakes, and we were there for about 90 minutes!
We started off with the $14 Sampler Platter. It sounds kind of expensive, but it was delicious, and well worth the money! Being able to try a "Scotch Egg" was a new experience for me, and if you're up for trying new foods, I would suggest it. It's a way to try a little piece of Ireland, while sitting in PA!
Our main dishes were: A "Wee Bit" of Fish & Chips, which was not a wee bit at all, and the Guinness Beef Stew (very tasty!!!). And then for dessert, we each got our own. The Irish Soda Bread Bread Pudding, and the cheesecake. Delicious ending to a perfect meal!!
This was, by far, the best food we had the entire visit to Gettysburg, and I know I will find my way back there again! In fact, I cannot wait to plan my next trip there, just to have more of the stew!!

• Visited April 2013
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Great food worth waiting for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had made reservations, which I would recommend. We had a 30 minute wait for our food, which is consistent with other reviewers. The shepherd's pie was delicious & the serving was generous. There are a variety of authentic Irish fare, beers, & whiskeys. We sampled the chocolate torte, which was a dark chocolate that was surprisingly light and melted in your mouth. This is a restaurant that I would definitely frequent.

• Visited October 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“worth the visit to walk in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here with friends and had the fish and chips. Nothing outstanding but I liked the dining experience.

Visited September 2013
Bloomsburg
“"Second times a charm"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was our second visit, the first visit the kitchen was closed for remodeling. This is truly a belly up to the bar type pub. Had the fish and chips, very enjoyable. The bangers and mash were on my radar the whole way, but couldn't (my fault, long story) next time for sure! The bartenders know how to pour a pint, the atmosphere is a bit tight, prices were just right, everything an authentic Irish Pub should be..

• Visited September 2013