“Irish Whiskey!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Jacksonville. FL
“Irish Whiskey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great service, friendly people, good beer and Irish Whiskey! Sit and mingle with the locals. Appetizer for two won't go wrong.

Visited January 2013

New Paltz, New York
“Great atmosphere and tasty Bisque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We came to Gettysburg for a cold February weekend and overall experienced average to below average cuisine - except Garryowen Irish Pub where we had some delicious crab bisque and beer. We even went twice. The staff is super casual and friendly. On one of the evenings we ate there musicians were having an Irish music jam in the upstairs bar.

It was lovely and we would definitely return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Wanted to like this place-service was horrific”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Let me start by saying I love dive bars and gritty pubs. The decor and Irish vibe drew me into this place. The rude bartender and 'I don't care' attitude made me have only one beer and leave. I will be back in town in about a week and will give this one more shot. I hope the owners read this and adjust the help there. A patron should be greeted upon entry (especially when there is no on in the bar) and drinks/menu offered right away. Basic civility goes a long way. Up date to follow

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reston, Virginia
“Irish Beer was Good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stopped here on a Saturday afternoon based on online recommendations, and I have to say that I wasn't impressed but it was okay. They have a good selection of foods, and it tasted just okay. We had the fish and chips (which I love, and I wasn't impressed...the tartar sauce had way too much dill). My husband had the shepard's pie and he said it was good. The beer selection was good. It wasn't all that busy in the restaurants (one of three tables), but the service wasn't friendly. The place is pretty cool looking, but it was absolutely freezing. I couldn't wait to be done so that I could go get warm.

Visited January 2013
Biglerville, Pennsylvania
“A lot of Ireland in a tiny place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is our favorite place for Irish food and drink. When you step in the establishment you feel as if you've gone back to the old country. The food is authentic and the drinks are superb. The Shepherd's pie is the best I've had in America. Bangers 'n' Mash really pleases my hubby. It's also fun to try out new Irish mixed drinks offered by the authentic Irish owners.

We used to go to another Irish restarant in town but after finding Gerryowen we haven't gone back to the other one.

• Visited January 2013