“Closed! :-(” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The International Museum of Spiritual Investigations (IMSI) is a 501c3 Non-Profit Museum that has 15 years of experience in the ghost tracking world and has been in operation for 2 years. The museum was developed to educate, preserve, and facilitate spiritual investigations history, methodology, and evidence and present this to the public .Since the doors have opened the team has provided several hundred workshops and educational investigations as well as thousands of exhibitions.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Closed! :-(”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was one of my absolute favorite stops in Gettysburg. Sadly, it closed within the last year. It is my understanding that they do not intend to re-open.

Visited September 2012

Canton, Ohio, United States
“Scary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is cheap and a must see if you believe in ghosts. Youget a spirit box and actually ask questions to the resident ghosts "Steve" but you may get more then you bargain for!

Visited June 2012
Belair Md
13 attraction reviews
“Great info and Nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Take a few minutes and visit this museum as you walk down Baltimore St. They have some awesome pictures and the staff will share some exciting stories with you. Ok and here is the most important tip, I have done a LOT of ghosy hunting in Gettysburg and the building itself is haunted. I had a very memorable experience with the "spirrits while I was there.

Visited October 2012
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
“Great time ghosthunting with an experienced host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

First, I would like to express that I am very sad and disappointed that this museum is closing. What a shame that Gettysburg will lose such a great attraction. We went to the museum in October for a ghost hunt that the owner holds at night. This is not the normal "hokey" ghost hunt that most of the places in Gettysburg offer, but rather a real, genuine ghost hunt with actual equipment and a knowledgeable host. When we arrived at Gettysburg, we stopped by the museum to take a look around before our actual hunt which was to be held in the evening. Much to our surprise, the building was closed and there was a "For Lease" sign out front. One could only imagine how upset I was being that I had booked our hunt a month prior and was looking forward to having an actual investigation. I called and left a message at the location hoping that they would respond with some sort of answer. After being resigned that the place was closed and no ghost hunt was going to happen, we went to dinner. While there, we received a phone call while we were eating. It was the owner and he told me that though the museum was closing due to lack of funds, he was still honoring all of the reservations that he had and would open the building for us later to hold our ghost hunt as expected. I was so happy to hear that and also was pleased that the owner upheld his appointments even under the circumstances. That said a lot to me about the host's integrity.
When we arrived, our host showed us around the main room of the house where he has many purportedly haunted artifacts. He explained his background which included ghosthunting for sixteen years and told us about the location. It was very interesting and informative. There are some unique pieces that he had including a voodoo doll from New Orleans that is swathed in a cloth and bound in a glass jar due to misfortune that has befallen it's previous owner. Next, we went to the first room where he explained all of his ghosthunting equipment which was extensive. We expressed our interest in trying the "ghost box" which is a modified radio that scans frequencies along with white noise. The theory is that spirits can manipulate the waves to create bits of sound that will be audible in real time in response to questions that are asked. Our host gave us some background info on what spirits he usually talks with through this device. As he began the session, I was surprised to hear accurate responses that made sense to a lot of the questions he asked. I heard different voices and names that came through which collaborated with his questioning. I had never used one of these devices and was truly surprised by what I heard. Then he asked us to ask questions. My husband asked what his father's (who is deceased) name was. At first we heard nothing, but then when he asked again, as clear as day his father's name was spoken. We were both amazed and all had heard the same response. We asked other personal questions and received some answers. I really think this is an amazing device and worth further study in the realm of the paranormal. After our ghost box session, we continued into another room where we held an EVP session. It was interesting, but we did not get any real data from this device at that session. At this point our host had spent an extra hour with us conducting this hunt. We wrapped up the session and our host even drove us up the street since it was so late. All in all, this was a great experience. I highly recommend this ghost hunt and museum to people truly interested in a real ghost hunting experience. I hope that somehow, the business can be saved and this museum preserved in Gettysburg.

Visited October 2012
Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
“Very Cool!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went there in Sept. and it was awesome! Very interesting and my kids and I loved it!! Definitely worth the visit and plan on returning soon!!

Visited September 2012