“Excellent shrimp scampi. Great service. I'll be back!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sharpshooters Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 101 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Lock Haven, PA
“Excellent shrimp scampi. Great service. I'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I try to find some different restaurants to try in Gettysburg since I go there about every 2 months. The TripAdvisor reviews certain seemed to be mixed, but I was there last Saturday and had a very good meal. I had actually wanted to try the Inn at Herr Ridge but they were having an Easter buffet I had no interest in so I decided to try Sharpshooter's.

OK, I was a bit surprised to pull up and find the parking lot full of Harley Davidson's, but I was seated in the dining room rather than the bar / pool room area.

I ordered a cup of their butternut squash soup and the shrimp scampi. The soup was very good and something quite different, mild but tasty. The shrimp with linguine was just delicious, served up hot. It was accompanied by toasted garlic bread and a very nice salad ...not a speck of iceberg noticed but nicer greens.

Service was very quick; wait staff attentive without being in one's face everytime you look up.

I would definitely eat here again. I nearly always stay at General Lee's Quality Inn so it's not a long trip to get to Sharpshooter's. Even if it were, this restaurant rates another visit...Good menu!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Decent lunch stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We recently visited Gettysburg and stopped for the first time at Sharpshooters Grille for an early supper with friends. The food was decent, but not outstanding. My fried fish sandwich was good fresh haddock--too large for me to finish, actually. Good french fries and a bit overcooked broccoli. Hubby had a beef sandwich, and pronounced it good. There were a couple of disadvantages for us that probably would not bother younger people: the music was so loud that we had lots of difficulty hearing our dinner companions and the waitress (they did turn it down after a few minutes, at our request) and the cigarette smoke odor was very strong throughout the place. Appearance wise: typical bar. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. A post-script to our visit: hubby somehow left his credit card, and didn't realize this until the next morning when we went to breakfast. A phone card to the restaurant was handled very swiftly, pleasantly--someone had locked his card safely in the cash register. We really appreciated the speedy answer!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Terrible service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

45 minutes for breakfast and then the order was wrong and cold. Will never eat here again. Service had always been bad. Wait staff not really trained and could care less.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“We love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have come to Gettysburg several times in the past 2-3 years and have eaten at different places but never noticed this place before for some reason. Anyway, we were searching for new places to try & have passed the Herr Tavern lots of times, not knowing Sharpshooters Grille was right behind it on the same lot. My husband and I decided to go and after looking at the menu online, which had a big variety as well as items you don't get in most of the nearby restaurants, I commented that they have to be good if they are offering this kind of menu or they won't survive. Well this place met any and all expectations. We liked it so much that before we finised our meal, we had already decided we were coming back the next night. Now I am from Maryland so if you are serving me seafood, especially crab, you had better know what your doing. 1st night I got crab dip & crab/lobster alfredo and it was excellent. I was sad I couldn't eat it all, I was so full. My husband got baby back ribs and these meals included salads and potatos which were really good but we vowed to skip those the next night so we would have room for other stuff. 2nd night we got potato skins, homemade pretzel logs with cheese sauce, mushroom quesadilla and shrimp steamed in Old Bay...now that's one way to impress a Marylander. Food and service were excellent. They have a nice looking bar, pool table, karaoke and live music, outside dining option for summer. We spent an average of $70 not including tip but considering the great food/seafood and my husband was having some mixed drinks, it was reasonable for what we got. When we come back to Gettyburg, we may not eat dinner anywhere else.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Horrific”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

First of all, I can't count the number of times I have been served bad food as in rotten...I ordered tacos the one time and the shells were rancid. When I told the waitress she came back to explain that she had served us expired taco shells and was sorry. She only deducted what I ordered from the bill. No offer for a free beer or anything! I am one to give second chances, so I attended wing night. This was a mistake! the service was horrible, And it took an hour for my 12 wings to come out. Once they were out, they were cold and my celery was mushy and bad. I was sick about 20 minutes after consuming the little bit that I did and had to leave. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited February 2013