“Amazing food, slow service, a bit pricey.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 102 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, tuna tini, mediterranean caesar salad & chicken bruschetta. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Bethel Park, United States
“Amazing food, slow service, a bit pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had lunch at this restaurant during my business trip. The food was absolutely amazing. The iced tea was fresh brewed and delicious. Lunch was excellent. I had the tuna steak sandwich and I've never had a sandwich so delicious. However, the service was slow and the lunch was quite pricey (approximate dinner prices for a small lunch). The atmosphere was excellent and professional as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant dining experience and the food was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chesterfield, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited Gettysburg, PA, recently for our third anniversary, and decided to have dinner at 1863. Knowing it was our anniversary, they brought us free champagne and a yummy appetizer. The service was excellent (Caitlin was our server), and the our meals were delicious. As it turns out, they were hosting an event in their restaurant that night, so seated us in an adjacent area which turned out to be cozier. The hostess, Linda, was very friendly and helpful regarding area attractions, and we had a lovely conversation with the manager of the restaurant. We would definitely go back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you chose 1863 to celebrate your anniversary and that we provided such a nice dining expereince for you. I will be sure to share your kind words with Caitlin, Linda and John. We look forward to having you dine with us again soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Lauren and Linda were wonderful, we had a great dinner the food was great. We would refer all to this place for a wonderful dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that we met your dining expectations and provided a nice dining experience for you. I will share your kind words wtih Linda and Lauren. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to dine with us again soon.
Malvern, Pa
“Pleasantly surprised, nicely decorated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We dined here Sunday, September 22nd.
Our friends ordered the hummus to start
We all had some. We eat quite a bit of hummus
and we agreed this was some of the best hummus we ever had
I ordered the vegetable risotto, the risotto was ok.
Our friend ordered the summer salad and he said he would order the
Salad again.

My husband and our friend both ordered the duck.
They ate every bite and said it had nice flavoring and would
Order the duck again.

I ordered the chicken gemelli very cheesy and lightly seasoned

We were all pleasantly surprised that Our meals were very good.

The bread is a little on the harder side and we prefer softer breads.
The fresh brewed tea is ok.

We would definitely dine here again in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you had a nice dining experience and enjoyed the food as well. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our 1863 Restaurant again soon.
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Right in the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Convenient and good. There could be more people making omlettes as when the restaurant is full the omlette making gets backed up..who wants to wait 6 deep for eggs. But the selection was good, salmon and bagels, french toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges, muffins. The omlette selection was ham and cheese, maryland crab or western..so something for everyone. Good food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. I understand your concerns regarding the back at with the omelette station. I will follow-up with your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to our 1863 Restaurant.