“Very good but not excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 115 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, tuna tini, mediterranean caesar salad & chicken bruschetta. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
North-East Pennsylvania
“Very good but not excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wife wasn't crazy about her chicken dinner, but my creamy chicken pasta dinner was quite good. The place is a bit over-priced, but the wait staff and the atmosphere including the smooth jazz music was excellent. The hostess asked why we were in town and we said for an anniversary getaway and within minutes, a well-dressed gentlemen arrived with complimentary champagne. Wouldn't give it 5 stars, but a decent 4 star place when you don't want to go far from your hotel.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
PA
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sophisticated presentation outdone only by the exceptional flavor of crab cakes. Super hostess Linda and efficient server Ellie. Will be returning tonight!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The food was great. The staff was above and beyond any restaurant I went to! Me and my husband were out for our anniversary and just found out i was expecting baby #3, which was making me feel really sick. It started with ms. Linda at the front who not only was friendly, she suggested stuff on the menu that would help with my belly and told us of great places to visit that would be easy for me. Our waitress was the same way. They also brought me out a sprite to take with me. Then the waitress brought my husband a champaign and me a cherry and sprite to celebrate our anniversary. This was the most wonderful experience I have ever had at a restaurant and I was feeling extremely blah. Thank u so much I will visit again. I highly recommend thus place

Visited April 2013
New Jersey
“good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

no driving. right here. staff wonderful. Linda seated us. waitress good and answered all our questions on area and food.
for convenience, highly recommend.

Visited June 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

A high end place at the Wyndham. Vegetables were food, steak and pork chops bland. The room looks like an afterthought with garish colors trying to recreate colonial Americana. It's OK, nothing special.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere