“Interesting facts” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 36 Attractions in Gettysburg
Type: History Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Featuring The area's only complete wax collection of American Presidents and their first ladies as well as a beautiful gift shop. The Hall of Presidents is located across the street from the Gettysburg Tour Center and next to the main entrance of the National Cemetery. It is incredible to be able to see what our Presidents really looked like and to hear the words attributed to them as if the words came from the very lips of the figures themselves.The Hall of First Ladies present authentic 1/3 size reproductions of the First Ladies in their inaugural gowns.
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
“Interesting facts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

To see and hear the words as the presidents would have spoken them to you the audience is Awesome.
The First Lady Figures in the Inaugural Dresses is real to the time of each event.

Visited March 2013

Kennesaw, Georgia
“Thank God for the Govt Shutdown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was my second day at Gettysburg, but because of the shutdown, National Soldier's Cemetery was closed. I ended up in this museum. While waiting to finish the President's tour, I was directed to check out the First ladies exhibit first. I was so thrilled with the First ladies' miniature likeness dolls and their inaugural gowns. I loved the gowns, I was taken pictures like crazy and enjoying the gowns. Judging the First ladies, who's the fab and who's the drab. The tour of the presidents is very informative, it's funny to see the presidents that I knew and seen on TV and to validate whether they did a good job on their likeness. In the middle of the presentation, my camera ran out of battery. I completed the presentation but was disappointed that I didn't get to take pictures of all the presidents. Janice was kind enough to allow me to comeback the next day and go through the presentation again when I have a fresh battery. How cools is that? And, yep, at 9 am, I was there, the first person and Janice left a note to the person who was there and knew exactly who I am and let me in! I can go through the presentation over and over again! The staff are very friendly and informative. This is a must!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
32 attraction reviews
“A quirky and unusual way to spend an hour in Gettysburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This attraction was really strange!! The presidents looked almost comical. Gerald Ford's face is melting off!!!! However, it was nice to sit in the very chilly exhibits and hear some pretty interesting facts about our presidents. The First Ladies were completely FREAKY!!! They are the size of very large dolls, and lots of them have the exact same face!!!! They honestly look like they are going to come to life and bite your ankles. There is a nice gift shop where I did get a cool book on early American foodies. It was not very expensive to visit, and I would recommend it!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Not a Bad Stop While In Gettysburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I know some may not think this is the most flashy stop while in Gettysburg. Well, it is not, but it is also not a bad stop if you find the time to learn more about some earlier Presidents. Take the kids, make it an educational day, and maybe they will learn something.

Archbald, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
“Boring, I don't remember 1 thing that was said.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The wax presidents look weird, and as I read in a previous review, there always seems to be one staring at you (menacingly..). This tour is not for children. I don't have children, but I am an adult with a longer attention span and I couldn't pay attention to the recordings..so that's how I know. It does look outdated; think "velvet" and "wood paneling." The hall of First Ladies comes with the tour and contains mini versions of the First Ladies in replicas of their inaugural ball gowns. I think they tacked it on to spice up the tour but I wish I skipped it.