“Very old .” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 36 Attractions in Gettysburg
Type: History Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Featuring The area's only complete wax collection of American Presidents and their first ladies as well as a beautiful gift shop. The Hall of Presidents is located across the street from the Gettysburg Tour Center and next to the main entrance of the National Cemetery. It is incredible to be able to see what our Presidents really looked like and to hear the words attributed to them as if the words came from the very lips of the figures themselves.The Hall of First Ladies present authentic 1/3 size reproductions of the First Ladies in their inaugural gowns.
7 attraction reviews
“Very old .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This museum is very old and the presidents are made if wax which totally freaks me out ; but surprisingly this was the most enjoyable museum we went to. I think that was because we didn't have a tour guide that was so long winded and since we were the only 2 people in there we could do and say what we wanted to. The hall if First Ladies were just miniature sized creepy dolls and it was so bad that some of the presidents wives were the same creepy dolls. I would recommend skipping this part if you hate creepy dolls .

Visited September 2013

New Castle, Delaware
“Very informative. Would have loved it to be longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Gettysburg this Labor Day weekend. We have been there 8 times or so over the years and this was one of the museums still on our list to see. We were not disappointed. We listened to information about the forming of our country in it's early stages and the about the leaders commitment to the offices they were given. It restored pride and love for this great country we live in. The lady at the front was very good and informative as well.

Visited September 2013
Binghamton, New York
54 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a half price coupon for this museum so we decided to check it out.

Like others have said you enter a room and have a seat. The last one to sit will push the button and the recording starts. In front of you are the wax figures and each one is spot lighted when it is their turn to share their story. I agree that some of the figures are not all that great but overall not too bad.

I enjoyed the overview of each president. It is a nice quick history lesson.

Upstairs is the first ladies and their inaugural gowns. Like others have said I wish there was more info on their accomplishments. (And the three foot high figures are a little creepy)

Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
“Kooky & Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The wax faces aren't exactly the faces in the portraits. In fact, some are terrifying. :-) But it was entertaining to see. The Hall of First Ladies was more interesting in terms of costumes from each era.

My wife remembered this from when she was a kid. And now, it is burned into my brain. But it was a nice break from the battle scenes. I think children could enjoy it because it is memorable. And its air conditioned.

Visited August 2013
NJ
4 attraction reviews
“Something different to break up Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After being in Gettysburg for a while, I wanted to shake things up a bit without leaving out a historical aspect. I am a history teacher and highly enjoyed this exhibit. Each presidents achievements are highlighted for about a minute each. It is enjoyable for all ages. Also, they had an amazing American history gift shop. It was very different from the cliché souvenirs you find throughout the rest of Gettysburg.

Visited August 2013