“Beautiful location - excellent staff and rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Florida
“Beautiful location - excellent staff and rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Planned this trip to Gettysburg for the week after Christmas...suites were roomy and comfortable. Great location to new Battlefield Visitor Center and downtown area.
Staff went out of their way to make sure our stay (5 nights) was comfortable. A snow storm was approaching on New Years Eve so we decided to check out a day early and start our drive back to Florida....the snow came about 10 hours earlier than expected and when we woke up Thursday morning everything was covered. Upon check-out we tried to back out truck out of the packing space but the ground below the snow was ice and we couldn't get out without sliding....the staff was there to offer salt and shovels and with the help a a nice man (Gary) from Virginia she shoveled the snow from behind the truck and away we went. Highly recommed this hotel for all the right reasons.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

The hotel is new, clean, bright. The staff is professional, helpful with good knowledge of the area. The location is fantastic, located very near the Gettysburg Battlefield Visitors Center in a quiet area but close to town.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Terre Haute, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I decided to end my vacation with a spontaneous trip to Gettysburg, as I'd never been there before. I was experiencing sticker shock from several of the other hotels that I checked with in town and decided to check Comfort Suites. Being a single traveller, I didn't consider them at first because I felt that I didn't need that much space and thought the price would probably be out of my range. I'm SOOOO glad that I DID check with them!
The desk clerk apparently took pity on me when I told him what my price range was and gave me a rate that prompted me to stay two nights instead of one. He was incredibly helpful the whole time I was there, as was the rest of the staff.

The hotel was brand new, just opened in July, and is immaculate. The rooms are marvelous and spacious. I had a room with two queen beds and discovered that the couch in the large sitting area also opens into a bed, so it could easily accomodate three adults. There was a very nice desk area and rolling chair in the sitting area as well, perfect if you're a business traveller.

The bath was a generous size and very nicely appointed with a cup at a time coffee/tea maker and hair dryer. Everything was spotless.

I was on the 4th floor near the end and enjoyed the peace and quiet, not to mention the luxury that the room afforded. Again, being a single traveller, safety is a big issue to me. After spending the previous night in a hotel in the Catskills that could have easily passed for The Bates Motel, I felt very safe at this Comfort Suites.

I'm laughing at the people who have commented in the past about the breakfast. It clearly states a continental breakfast and, in my experience, that generally means cold food items. I was surprised and happy to discover that bacon, scrambled eggs (that I, personally, found VERY edible!) and waffles were available, as well as a very nice assortment of pastries and cereals, not to mention coffee, juice, milk and hot tea.

I'm ALSO laughing at the people who are complaining about the view of the cemetary. Yes, it's a cemetary, a BEAUTIFUL cemetary which is part of a historic National Park. THIS IS GETTYSBURG! Being within walking distance of those things was a huge PLUS, in my opinion.

All in all, my trip to this hotel will not be my last. After speaking to some girlfriends about it, we're already planning a trip back next spring.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Hamilton ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

A newly opened hotel. Excellent location less than 1- 1.5 miles south from the center of town. Literally between the town of Gettysburg and the main visitor center and museum. Ask the desk staff for a map of the area when you check in. Quiet rooms, well appointed roomy suites, lots of parking, excellent breakfast. For the price, this is a great value and highly recommended.
The desk staff have a binder of all the menus for restaurants in the area which they will let you see. This was a most helpful. We dined with the locals at an inexpensive fifties style diner downtown called "Ernie's" one night for something a little different.
Book early for this hotel. I expect it to be popular with travellers. Have fun in Gettysburg!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

First things first...the staff at this hotel went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable, quiet and exactly what was needed when visiting Gettysburg. We traveled here with two children, 11 & 13, and this age is not always the easiest to please...I had originally booked 4 nights but decided to head to other areas after two nights...changing the reservation was not a problem. In fact we were told to take as long as we wanted and two nights would be refunded....class act

The hotel was spotless, welcoming and could not be better located. Within walking distance of the Evergreen Cemetery, a mile from the new visitors center and within an easy drive of downtown. I walked to the Culp's Hill drive and was rewarded with a great view.

Wireless was a little funky, couldn't get it to work on my Mac but so what....I was here to visit Gettysburg not surff the web...besides, there is a computer in the lobby if one needs it

Breakfast here is simple and without pretention...make you rown waffles, ceral, bacon or sausage and eggs. All in a clean and pleasant setting.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again..

If your coming book a Battle Guide..Paul made our trip, even for the kids, memorable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

This hotel is conveniently located off 15 and close to all major Gettysburg attractions. Our rooms were large and clean and equipped with both a small refrigerator and microwave. The bed was quite comfortable. Unfortunately, the room also came with a small, cheap, ugly gray sofa that was as unpleasant to sit on as it was to look at. The bathroom was a decent size and was all in one room, not one of those split configurations. My room overlooked the cemetery. Other members of my party had rooms that provided attractive vistas of the countryside. If you are squeamish about graveyards, request the other side of the hotel. There is free internet access and limited television.

Neither indoor nor outdoor fountain were functioning while we were there and the parking lot was under construction. The complementary breakfast buffet touted hot entrees. While the do it yourself waffle was fine, the scrambled eggs were inedible, more like microwaved silly putty and the bacon had a strange reddish tinge and unpleasant rubbery texture. The other offerings included apples, yogurt, cold cereal, danish, coffee, tea and juice. There are vending machines featuring the usual junk food and ice machines but no soda/juice machines or gift shop. The business center appeared to consist of a single computer and printer in the lobby.

I generally book my reservations on line. I was annoyed that I had to re-provide all my information on a prepaid reservation. Additionally, the staff seemed to be overly concerned about rules ie, we MUST put the parking pass on the dash in order to park in (the almost vacant) lot. You MUST provide a credit card for incidentals..even though there were none--we all had and used cell phones and there was no restaurant on the premises. It seemed unnecessary for prepaid reservations.

Our needs were for a comfortable, safe and convenient night's lodging. This hotel satisfied these minimal requirements and was clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed October 2009
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

After all of the great reviews, our family was looking forward to staying in this new hotel. The biggest (but not the only) complaint was that our rooms were never cleaned or serviced until very, very late in the afternoon. We would come back from a long day out ready to relax a bit, and the room attendants hadn't even been there to clean yet! After the second day when we came back around 4:30, I approached the manager on duty and asked him very tactfully and nicely if that was normal for them and he was so rude and so un-management-like with his answer, "Well, what can you expect when we have 70 rooms to clean"! I'm serious! That is what he said! When I came back with my response that this was the first hotel we had ever been in where they were cleaned so late in the day, he again repeated, "As I said, we have 70 rooms to clean." I'm usually passive, but her really ticked me off! We all plopped down in the lobby for 30 minutes until they had our room finally ready. Now for the t.v. situation.....they would automatically cut off after a couple of hours, and revert back to a different channel.... Not a big deal, though. Next, there was some type of homecoming party next door at the Pike Restaurant (kind of a bar popular with bikers). The hotel had booked a block of rooms for that shindig. We had our 3 children with us. Saturday night the hotel was full of "drunk out of their minds young people". Unfortunately, one of my daughters got stuck on the elevator with 3 of them who were so drunk one of them didn't even know she was there....he was extremely foul mouthed from what my daughter told me, and she was pretty scared at the time. Needless to say, that was not a quiet night. Which brings me to one more thing. When we arrived, the elevator was making strange sounds and eventually broke later that evening. We had to do the stairs to our 4th floor until the next day when they had it serviced. It broke down again later that day or the next, so back to huffing it up and down the stairs again. The elevator still didn't sound right by the time we left our stay. Maybe all of the problems stem from the fact that they built this hotel 6 feet from the National Cemetery......yep, nice view from the bedroom windows.....nothing but gravestones. Now, we knew this before we booked, but it makes you wonder, doesn't it????? I think we could have dealt with everything EXCEPT a rude, non-helpful manager on duty, and we could have done without the drunk night.
PS...The pool is EXTREMELY small, and the breakfast bar is so-so. By the way, this is the first time I've written a review, but this stay warranted me making the effort to write!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family