“Great place to stay in Gettysburg” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
“Great place to stay in Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, clean and comfortable. They allowed us to check in early, and honored our request to face the cemetery! Continental breakfast was good! Great place to stay! A short 3 minute ride to most places and next door to a restaurant too!

• Stayed June 2013

859 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Green River,WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The manager was very helpful in extending my reservations for 2 more days. The room was clean and quiet. They also give you a credit for every day that you refuse housekeeping. They provided a microwave, fridge, and room safe. The breakfast was hot and there was a variety to choose from-not bad as far as free breakfast goes. Our room overlooked the cemetary-a great view and we loved it! The staff was helpful when we had questions and the hotel itself was located in the center of all our activities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early. We went into the hotel to make sure we were at the correct location. We were begrudgingly greeted by a woman at the front desk (looking frumpy. .did not stand to talk with us). She let us know in no uncertain terms that we were too early. We were just trying to find out if we were at the correct location. When I have worked all year to afford a vacation, I would like to be treated nicely....not like I am showing up at a Walmart. The other staff were great. I would suggest pressed uniforms and a desk with high chairs so that guests are greeted in a more respectful manner.

• Stayed June 2013
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I liked their location close to Gettysburg Visitor Center and Battlefield. Although the room was slightly dated, everything worked and the room was quiet. They provided a microwave and refrigerator. Down stairs the swimming pool did not look clean-green water. The breakfast was good and parking was free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Carrboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My mother and I recently stayed one night in this Comfort Suites in Gettysburg. I checked us in at 10:30pm after a 12 hour drive, where the check-in clerk asked me to sign and initial a sheet acknowledging their policies and confirming the card with which I had reserved the room. The sheet included our room number (which she had hand-written in), and she handed me two room key cards in a paper sleeve, on which she had also written our room number. We went upstairs and immediately went to sleep.

At 1:30am, we were awakened by someone opening the door to our room and banging the door repeatedly against the sliding bolt. My mother cautiously went to see what was happening while I phoned the front desk. Outside our door were two ladies who had key cards and thought they had been assigned to our room. The woman at the front desk seemed confused, and asked me if I was sure we hadn't been assigned to another room. She said the system had no record of my check-in or room number, and that the room number had come up as open, although I had signed a sheet with the room number on it mere hours before. She had assigned our room to these two women. She apologized, and while I accepted her apologies, I decided to speak with someone about the situation in the morning. My mom and I were shaken by the experience of someone essentially breaking into our room, and slept very poorly.

In the morning, I went to ask about the situation at the front desk. Again the clerk, a new woman, apologized and said her manager would be in sometime around their designated check-out time so I could speak with him. When he arrived, I explained the situation to him, but he didn't even let me finish speaking before beginning to make excuses that he hadn't even had a chance to talk to the check-in clerk about the situation. He was very defensive, explaining that this situation had never happened before, and said that it was an honest mistake (the implication being that we shouldn't be upset), and went on to provide very inappropriate, personal information about the check-in clerk to explain why she was so emotionally distressed that she couldn't have remembered that she had checked us into our room a few hours before checking two others into the same room. He offered me $25 off the room rate, which was about 21% off, not including tax. I was incredibly angry, but didn't want to deal with the situation any further, so I accepted and we left.

However, on further reflection, I'm sorry I didn't demand greater satisfaction from him. It was absolutely an honest mistake, and never at any time did I blame or raise my voice to the clerks or the manager. I did ask them to take responsibility for this mistake, as since this is a hotel, I expect them to be able to remember in what rooms they place their guests, especially when they have just checked the guest in 3 hours prior. I shouldn't have had to pay for anything, and the manager was quite belligerent and defensive in the face of something he could have corrected easily. A mistake is a mistake, whether or not it has happened before. Face up to your mistakes, and make reparations to your customers, especially when they are in the middle of a long trip and need a good night's sleep in order to drive safely.

All other aspects of our stay were satisfactory, but based on this approach to customer satisfaction and service, I will never stay at a Comfort Suites again, and I will be writing to headquarters with a complaint. My complaint will include the fact that he provided extremely inappropriate details about his check-in clerk's personal life to us as a way of attempting to excuse his own lack of taking responsibility.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here. Period. They will not provide good customer service, should you have a pr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Waldwick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our first visit to Gettysburg. We have had previous positive experiences staying at Comfort Suites (Poconos) and immediately booked our stay at this location when we saw it listed in the AAA tour book. Wise decision. During our 3 night stay we took full advantage of both the convenience of the early morning (6:30am) continental breakfast and the "work it off" short 15-20 minute walk to the main streets of Gettysburg where the Soldiers Cemetery and virtually all the museums, tours, restaurants, gift shops and Mr. G's ice cream (a must each night) are located. The Military Park is a 5 minute car trip away as well. Room was clean, comfortable and came with a "Go Green" option which discounted your room rate by $5 each morning should you choose "no maid service". NOTE: Fresh towels and other toiletries always available at front desk and the individuals we dealt with (Michelle / Dave) were extremely courteous and caring with tips on attractions and dining out. All in all, a must place to stay when visiting Gettysburg and we'll be back. Thank you CS Gettysburg!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kfar Saba, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was the third Comfort Suites was stayed at on this tour. On was OK, one was bad so we were a bit worried about this one.
There was no need to worry- the Hotel is fairly new, rooms are excellent, a good restaurant right next door and the breakfast is good. An extra advantage is that it is on a main route so easy to get to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Gettysburg? Share your experiences!