“Fantastic Return Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Return Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My 4th time to the Comfort Suites. I always enjoy this hotel and especially for Remembrance Weekend. The location is perfect for walking to downtown and the parades. The mark of a good hotel is how they treat you if you arrive early. Most hotels, large and small tell you smuggly: "check in is at 3pm". Not this place. I arrived at 8am and Sandy at the front desk told me, "sure, we have a room for you." Sweeeet. I also like the new discount of $5 off each night you dont use maid service. I dont mess up my room and make my own bed, so it is handy and saves a bit off the bill. Other places should try this. Breakfast was good and the egg omelet had melted Velveeta in it for a tasty treat. I often had to walk back to the hotel with souveniers and using the side door with my key provided easy access. Only 1 small negative: checked out at 4am for a long road trip to Chicago and looked for the front desk clerk. She was making coffee in another room and when I said, "hellooooo", I quite startled her. Not my fault. Why would comfort suites allow a gal to work the midnight shift...alone? Worried about her all trip home. Dear Manager: use 2 people, one male on every shift, for security sake. Otherwise, this is a great place and did not deviate from its 5 star treatment or reputation.

Room Tip: if you get floor 3 or 4, you are bound by the elevator. Get floor 1-2 for stairs, which quickens th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

833 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My daughter, grandson and I spent just one night. The room was clean and quite spacious with 2 Queen beds and a convertible sofa. No bananas at breakfast - that was all we were missing. Enjoyed the pool. When I booked, I noted "ask about the Manager's special" on their website.
It provided quite a savings!
We will go back

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
roo32p, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting our lovely town! Please be sure to come see us again while in town!
Franklinville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice location in Gettysburg, short walk to the center of town. Rooms are very spacious and clean. A simple breakfast is included and is just average. Upon check out the final bill was more than my email confirmation I received from Choicehotels.com. Thankfully I had my email confirmation with me! They were charging me for the use of the in-room safe which I did not use! Furthermore, if the in-room safe is an amenity that is included in the price of the room and clearly is in the room for use, why are you being charged?! They don't charge for use of the microwave or refrigerator which are in the rooms, so why charge for the safe? So please review your final bill before you give final payment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EverywhereObserver, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We know you have many options for lodging in Gettysburg and we do thank you for choosing our hotel. We have received your feedback regarding your hotel stay. Your feedback is very important to us. us It help us to continue to improve our services
I am very happy that you find our room to be very specious and clean.
In reference to your comment about the safe charge, I would like to offer following explanation. The in room-safe is a program offered by majority of choice hotels and hotels of other major brand. Due to liability issue the program is finance and administer by the Safe mark Systems and has installed over a million safe in the hotel rooms. Loss of valuables such as jewelry, currency or documents left in the room unattended are usually not covered by hotel's standard liability insurance. For a nominal rental fee the Safemark program offers peace of mind by providing a limited warranty up to $10000 for loss of valuables due to forced entry in to safe. As a standard procedure with all participating hotels, this nominal charge is posted automatically each day. To respect the privacy of each guest we do not ask if guest wants to use the safe or not. At check each guest is made award of this charge and each guest sign the registration card which stipulates that “I understand an optional Hotel Service Fee of $2.49 per night will appear on my bill and may be removed upon request at or after check-out." I am very sorry that somehow this was not communicated to you at check in. We will certainly look into this matter to educate our staff.
Please assure we always strive to ensure each guest has a great stay with us, every time. I am looking forward to see you on your next trip to Gettysburg. Have a good day anf a very happy thanks giving.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

After reading all the great reviews, I was expecting more. Our room was clean and spacious but the sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable. They did accommodate our request and gave us a room facing the cemetery which was neat and the location was close to everything. I was disappointed with the breakfast. There weren't any bagels which I thought was strange, and it didn't seem like there was sufficient staff to restock the food. I also agree with another reviewer that they could have used another toaster. The halls also had an odd smell which bothered me a little, and just a pet peeve, when we checked out, no one asked us how everything was. For the price, I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay.Your feedback is very important to us. us It help us to continue to improve our services Please assure we always strive to ensure each guest has a great stay with us, every time. We will do our best to address the areas of your concern. If your travel brings you back please personally ask for me, the GM and I will personally see that you will have an exceptional enjoyable stay. You have a wonderful day and very happy thanks giving.
Berwick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here in a room with 2 queen beds and 1 single pull out love seat. The room was very clean and well taken care of. The staff was also nice. I had noticed that my room charge was more than $10 higher than they stated and they immediately removed the charge with out any argument. They have a very nice pool, unfortunately not heated, but well kept. They also have a free breakfast in the lobby which was supposed to be continental, but it did include eggs and sausage. There are many close food establishments near by. There are also numerouse historical places to see. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed my 4 day stay here. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was convenient to both the GNMP visitor center and historic downtown and always had good parking available. Also has a free Gettysburg trolley/bus line stop near by (which I was told about at the end of my trip so, I did not use, but will next time!) Restaurant w/in walking distance. The only minor down side I saw was the offered breakfast although good, was the same every day. There was a decent amount of food offered, but if you stayed for more than a few days it would get old. Example only one flavor yogurt, only eggs w/ cheese and sausage (although they did rotate between links and patties), etc. Was a nice, big set up with a tv and newspapers, but had the least variety w/in the previous 4 choice hotels I have stayed at on this trip. Also enjoyed the discount for refusing daily room cleaning, but was still able to get fresh towels, etc. Did not use the pool or exercise facility, but looked clean. Overall I enjoyed my stay and will stay here again when coming back to Gettysburg!

• Stayed October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked this hotel for its location,price, and the fact it had an indoor pool. It backs up to the cementary that Jennie Wade is buried in. The rooms were spacious and neat. Could use alittle deep cleaning (dead bug in light fixture in bathroom) but, in all, clean. The free breakfast buffet was ok but, hey, its free! We loved the location. Close to center of town. It's actually mid-way between the Visitors Center and the downtown district. Both take maybe 2 minutes to get to by car. The indoor pool, though, is sooo small. Between my sister and I we had five kids and that bascially filled the pool. We went in the off season so not too many other people using the pool so it was ok but when another family came it was crowded.

Room Tip: We were given a handicap room and the bathroom was much, much larger than my sister family's bat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Gettysburg? Share your experiences!