“Must see piece of American history” 5 of 5 stars

$26*
and up
Gettysburg Double Decker Guided Bus Tour
Ranked #1 of 30 Attractions in Gettysburg
Type: Battlefields, Cemeteries, Historic Sites, Monuments/ Statues, Tourist/ Visitor Centers, National Parks, Cultural
Activities: Driving
More attraction details
Owner description: Site of one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War.
Claremont, New Hampshire
179 attraction reviews
“Must see piece of American history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just attended the annual Remembrance Day Parade, Lighting of the Luminaries and the annual reading of the Gettysburg Address. I've been to Gettysburg twice before but this was the most memorable....especially the lighting of the luminaries. I've attended various Memorial Day and Veterans Day celebrations in other places but this was the most stirring and thought-provoking. When my children are older, I want to take them back for these events. The ranger-guided tours are tops. It's worth enduring the cold for this annual special weekend and I hope more can attend in the future.

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Hillsdale, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
“Very Moving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I visited the park with my teenage son and we enjoyed it immensely. Although we knew a lot about the battle it makes a real difference to see it. For example, even at a run it would have taken 10 minutes for Pickett's men to cross the distance from the tree line to Cemetery Ridge. It was amazing that they even attempted it. The battlefield is huge and it took us 4 hours to do it even in the car. The museum was nice too.

Visited November 2012
13 attraction reviews
“School field trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I just went on her fifth grade school bus trip to DC and other stops. The trip included a quick stop in Gettysburg this past Thursday. We stopped at the visitors center. It was a nice place, looked to be fairly new. A park tour guide got on our bus and lead the group around the park to the highlight of the battlefield. We only had three hours to spend at the park and the tour guide made all the difference. He was so good with the kids, getting them involved and motivating them to learn. Due to our limited time there was so much we didn't get to see. I hope someday to go back when I can spend much more time exploring the town and take in all the history of the area.

Hurricane, Utah
26 attraction reviews
“Great if you are a civil war buff a bit boring if not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We visited Gettysburg in October with my wife's parents. We purchased the audio tour and headed out on the trip. In places, I found it difficult to follow the tour and we took a couple of wrong turns. The tour took much longer (4+ hours versus the expected 2.5) than expected and was at times boring. The observation tower, eternal flame and Penn. monyments were the best and it's pretty country. Overall, it was not one of the better national parks we've been too.
If you go be aware there are limited bathroom facilities on the tour, food is available only in the city and it is a long tour even if you don't get out a walk much.

Visited October 2012
Millers, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
“Everyone should visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Gettysburg is a national shrine. Do yourself a favor and if you don't get a national parks service guide to take you through at least get an auto tour cd. You will travel 15mph through the park listening to a great soundtrack. Everybody is doing 15 so no worries.