“Keystone Inn was JUST RIGHT” 5 of 5 stars

Keystone Inn Bed and Breakfast
231 Hanover Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Franklin County PA
“Keystone Inn was JUST RIGHT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I chose the keystone Inn as the location for a much needed weekend getaway. In this we were not dissapointed. We stayed in one of the larger rooms, and to be honest, was probbaly more than we needed but we felt right at home. When you arrive you feel you are "home" and the inkeepers really do make you feel that they have opened their home to you and are happy you are there (and not becuase you're a paying customer either). Breakfast did not dissapoint and again, the Innkeepers went out of their way to make sure you had everythign you needed. While the Boyds Bears and Christmas are not my "thing" they were a total delight to my wife, whose favorite holiday is Christmas and was deeply saddened by the closing of the bear factory. We are already considering our next weekend getaway and it will very likly be at the Keystone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The service was good. The owners are personable and helpful.
The bed was very good. The jacuzzi tub was great.
The downside - The decor was a little tacky. Christmas was still up and there were Boyd's bears everywhere. Not my cup of tea. Our bedspread was lovely, but then there was a kitty cat throw on the cedar chest in colors that didn't match.
Breakfast was good - but muffins were probably from a box mix. Just wasn't wowed with the food.
Couldn't regulate room temp - and that wasn't great for a menopausal woman. So, I was warm most of the time. But the radiators weren't easy to regulate.
It's nice - just not special.

Room Tip: Only one room has a jacuzzi tub. Pay attention to the descriptions if bathrooms are important.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I'm not really fussy when it comes to hotels, and had a good experience here. The owners were accomodating to us arriving late, showed us quickly around the house and led us to our room which was clean.

It's decently located. If it was warmer weather I'd walk to the center of town, but it was very cold so just drove down the block. Owners were very friendly and easy to talk to, and breakfast was good (sausage + french toast).

As long as the prices remain competive I'd return again and I'd recommend it to my friends. The outdoor area is very nice too out back with a patio and a few tables, so in warmer weather it would be a great spot to relax after siteseeing.

It gets pretty cold at night, but there are a lot of space heaters to operate so that was not an issue. Books, DVDs and games for use, which we didn't have time to.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
N.E. Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Believe it or not this was the first time my wife & I have ever stayed in a B&B. If the Keystone Inn is any indication of what a B&B is, then we wasted a lot of time staying in hotels & motels for years. It was the warmest friendliest place we have ever stayed--the room (General Reynolds) was clean and spacious, had an LCD TV/DVD player and a selection of DVD's to play, and comfortable queen bed. If there had to be a down side, it was the fact that our room was on the 3rd floor (lots of steps to climb) not really an issue if you are young enough. The house itself is beautiful with very high ceilings and original solid wood doors, floors, and woodwork throughout. The breakfast is delicious-pancakes & sausage, blueberry muffin, fruit cup, and juice & coffee. What more could you ask for? Our only regret is that we only had one night to stay at this wonderful establishment. The owner/hosts Mike & Marj Day made us feel welcome and were eager to please their guests. We will definitely return here when there is more time to stay longer!!

Room Tip: Very quiet whatever room you choose--also, all rooms are clean and attractive. If you don't mind...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester Springs, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My boyfriend has celiac disease which requires a gluten-free diet. The owners went out of their way to accomodate him. They used separate pans/plates to prevent cross contamination. Their pancakes looked so good, I had to double check that they were really gluten-free! Also, once they learned that my boyfriend and I do not eat pork, they suprised us with (gluten-free) turkey bacon. Great customer service!!!

The room was clean and charming. If you're someone who gets hot easily, however, I would recommend that you select a room that is not on the third floor.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Beloit, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I've been coming to Gettysburg every year since 2003 and I stay at the Keystone every time. The inn enjoys a great location: close enough to everything you'd want to see in this historic town but situated well away from noise and traffic. Most attractiuons, shops, and restaurants are within easy driving distance, even walking distance. The inn, built in 1913, is quite inviting and cozy and the woodwork inside is incredible (the original owner was a furniture maker). All the rooms are spacious, extremely clean, and very quiet. Beds are ultra-comfy and offer a GREAT nights sleep. I love breakfast time at the inn; the country-style breakfasts are absolutel delish (the owner is a great cook). I've found the guests who stay here to be extremely friendly. i've even managed to make some friendships here over the years. The owners, Mike and Marj Day, are friendly, professional, and very accomodating . I've always found them to be more than happy to provide advice and recommendations on sights to see and places to eat. Mike is also quite acknowledgable about the battle of Gettysburg and how best to tour the battlefield. i will continue staying here for many years to come and I recommend it to anyone interested in seeing this wonderful town.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We had a very nice time. This victorian home is in its splendor. The owners had it so clean and beautifully decorated with time period charm and Boyd's Bears. I loved it and didn't want to leave. It was comfy and quiet and the library stocked with books and cds were a nice addition. There was plenty of extra rooms to sit in to relax and read or visit with other guests. The breakfast was beautifully presented and tasted great. The coffee and other drinks and a snack available each night made you feel like being at grandmas. It was so lovely. Music was relaxing in the dining room and the little Christmas room was so charming. The rooms were fully stocked with all the necessities and were large and very comfortable. We'd love to stay again and would highly recommend it to anyone. Lovely place and lovely people. Each room had a fireplace, private bath, tv and mini frig. Great for the price.

Room Tip: The Reynolds room is on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Keystone Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!