“The Gaslight Inn is a wonderful B And B in Gettysburg, PA.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
33 East Middle Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
“The Gaslight Inn is a wonderful B And B in Gettysburg, PA.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

My husband and I and another couple spent three days in Gettysburg, PA visiting the historic sights of this town. We booked a two night stay in The Gaslight Inn after viewing their website a few months ago. What a pleasant surprise to find this wonderful B and B right in town, within walking distance of Lincoln Square, wonderful restaurants, small museums, historic homes, and gift shops! Our hists, Mike and Betsy Hanson, suggested places we might like to visit as well as the trolley which would get us around town easily. It is a very efficient trolley system ($3 buys you a day's fare which can be used on all three of the trolley's lines). We took the trolley everywhere, thus freeing us up to wander the town, visit historic sites, go to the new Visitor's Center, and go out to dinner with absolutely no parking problems!
The Gaslight Inn is efficiently run by Mike and Becky Hanson, who are not only attentive to traveler's needs, but friendly, great cooks, and extremely helpful in choosing places to see and dine. Their Inn, with 9 beautiful rooms to choose from is clean and comfy, with three inside sitting areas as well as a large outdoor area surrounded by beautifully kept gardens. The breakfasts we were served were carefully thought out and beautifully presented. The social atmosphere at breakfast allowed us to meet people from all over the country and chat with them as we enjoyed our breakfast. This is a gem of a Bed and Breakfast not to be missed when visiting Gettysburg!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

Yes, nice place, nice room, nice facilities, etc. My quibble was that I was unilaterally assigned to breakfast at 10.30 the next morning. I am an early starter. No way on earth do I hang around till 10.30 in the morning, before setting off for the day. Judging from the size of some of the people heading in for the earlier breakfast sitting (as I was heading out the door), they could well have done without the huge breakfast that was apparently on offer (I don't know, left without it).

• Stayed September 2009
GaslightGettyburg_PA, Owner at The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 17, 2009
We would like to thank the reviewer for the nice comments. Regarding the breakfast comments, when we have a full house, we split the breakfast into two seatings, 8:30 and 9:45 because we cannot accommodate everyone at one seating. We have everyone sign-up for the seatings on a first come-first serve basis as they check-in.

We do not, however, ever serve breakfast at 10:30.

Mike & Becky Hanson
Innkeepers
Pittsburgh, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I stayed two nights, and couldn't ask for more.

Friendly owners and help, excellent breakfasts that looked and tasted like they were made in a culinary school.
Any assistance that you might need with tours, dining, or even an extra toothbrush.

The house and grounds are beautiful and spotless. The house is one block out of the center of town, making it great for walking around or taking a quick break.
A++++ from me, and I've been to several of the B&B's in Gettysburg.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Kalamazoo, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

We went to Gettysburg because it was a dream my wife had for quite some time. I thought that it was fairly strange that we had not been to Gettysburg yet since we have been able to travel all over the world. This B and B was everything we had hoped for. The owners were awsome, very helpful, professional, and great breakfast. We received help with directions and things to do. We felt right at home. A perfect stay!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
laurel, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

This is a 3-story B&B a block from the town square. It was absolutely spotless and beautifully decorated and furnished. I might have skipped it if I had known I'd have to trek up 3 flights of stairs, but the only room with fireplace AND jacuzzi was on the third floor. Other rooms had fireplaces, too. Breakfast was slight, but beautifully presented. As usual, not enough outlets in the room. There was a ceiling fan over the bed, and the fireplace was a see-through so you could enjoy it from the jacuzzi, too. This room had no separate shower...just a nozzle on the edge of the jacuzzi, so we had to wash our hair sitting in the tub. Towels and bedding were luxurious and monogrammed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
boonton New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

My husband and I will always stay at the Gaslight whenever we go to Gettysburg. It was clean, wonderful location, breakfast was to die for and the owners were LOVELY!!! The B&B is in the center of everything, making all resturants, attractions ect. within walking distance. I don't think we used our car ONCE besides driving there. The best room for the best price is the Ivy Room, and also my personal favorite.

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

What a fantastic time we had in Gettysburg, and all thanks to the fabulous hosts at the Gaslight Inn. Mike, Becky and Elizabeth were absolutely first class hosts They went above and beyond to make our stay most enjoyable. Mike took the time to show us interesting sights and great places to eat, and also organised golf for my husband... this is always handy if you have no idea where you are going! The breakfasts were absolutely delicious... (wish I could cook like that!). Becky is a fab cook. There was always plenty of breakfast and we never came away hungry... The snacks and drinks in the afternoon, especially the cookies, were always wonderful. The entire bed and breakfast premises is immaculate and spotless. We felt as if it were staying in a home away from home. All rooms are beautifully decorated and welcoming. The two pooches on-site also add a little home away from home feel. It is always refreshing to find a lovely place to stay when you are so far from home. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone.

• Liked — Friendly and accommodating hosts, food and everything else mentioned above
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!