“Great place felt like home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of President Inn & Suites

You added President Inn & Suites to your Saves list
President Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   606 York Street, US 30 (Lincoln Hwy) And 6th Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Motel 6 Gettysburg)   |
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great place felt like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

We arrived on the 18th of july had 2 rooms 300 and 301 we had the king size bed with was great clean comfortable had a microwave and bar fridge in room. Also has a sitting area with a pull out couch. Very airy and bright . Breakfast was coffee tea donuts and toast which was great for us. Indoor pool and hot tub was quite nice we had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. My sister in law had a room across from us had 2 queen beds again great room. The staff was friendly and helpful with attractions and resturants. Will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
National Park, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying here on our recent trip to Gettysburg. We brought our 2 dogs and had no problems at all with the staff about allowing them both to stay at the motel. We found our room to be clean and comfortable. And after a fall I took at the Battlefield on the last night of our stay the desk clerk kindly gave my husband bandages for my banged up knees and face. Yes the towels are scratchy but it is very rare that you find motel towels that are not. And Gettysburg is such a small town that it's only a 2 or 3 minute ride at most into the town square and the parking lot there only charges 75 cents an hour to park. So we found the motel very convenient to every attraction that we wanted to visit. When we got home I thought that I had left my necklace on the bed at the motel. I called and the lady who answered checked the lost and found for me and said the necklace had not been turned in yet. She asked for my name and number and said she would talk to the cleaning staff the next day to see if they had found my necklace and call me back the following day. My husband found my necklace while I was on the phone with her so I thanked her for her trouble . I truly had the feeling that I would have gotten that phone call the next day and I really appreciated that. All of the desk staff that we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful. We'll be visiting Gettysburg again next month and are looking forward to another stay at the Motel 6 at Gettysburg. The only complaint was the breakfast it was cold cereal, bread for toast and small donuts from what I could see but that's not really a deal breaker for me. I was not there for the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. However, the hotel is also in need of major renovation, has a terrible continental breakfast, and has an odor problem. The towels are very thin and scratchy. It is not within reasonable walking distance to the center of town. Overall, a poor quality hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I brought my two Sons, 10 and 13 y/o respectively, on an educational vacation. We enjoyed our stay... The female owner was very polite - she allowed us to check in a couple of hours early. On request, she gave us extra towels, wash clothes, soap, shampoo, extra cups and a couple of large trash bags for our dirty laundry.

The motel is CLEAN and SANITARY, which is the most important thing to this Dad, where bed bugs and other health issues are a worry when staying in places other than my home - One does NOT have to worry about this while staying there!

The only knock on the hotel is that the pool is seasonal, which is both of the in door/out door variety and was closed during our visit - the corporate reps didn't tell us that when we made our reservation nor did they forward the hotel staff our reservation info., which could have been a potential issue had the hotel offered no vacancy.

Finally, It's a cheap, kid-friendly place to stay. Moreover, if I decide to take my dog next visit I know I can.

Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I booked this hotel for two nights, non smoking room, and informed the counter that I was bringing my dogs with me on the trip. Upon arrival we were given our room, the clerk informed me that only one pet was allowed per state law, (every other pet admissable hotel in town has never told me this, nor refused to accept my pets) but agreed to let me keep them both. I received our key, and no sooner did I bring the luggage up to the room that the clerk at the counter called and told us there was a problem. I went back downstairs and the clerk informed me that another guest complained about my dog barking making his dog bark. (believable? I doubt it) So she told me I had to change rooms. All that was left were smoking rooms, and i accepted the least smelly one she offered. She was very rude and nonchalant about showing me the rooms, never apologizing for the inconvieniece and never offering to discount the room I had to move into; only stating that she wanted me to let her know when I was out so she could rent the room to the people in the lobby.
This is not my first bad experience at this hotel, but it was under another name at the time, with same owners. No wonder they keep changing the name of this hotel, the staff and hotel are awful!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed at this Motel 6 on a road trip, and wished that it was a destination where I was staying MORE than one night. My room was on the 3rd floor, right off the elevator, but it was very quiet. It was a corner room with two big windows and the room was very spacious with a sitting area. Very clean and I was very happy with the room. The desk clerk was very helpful with directions to a "tourist spot" that I wanted to see immediately after check-in at 3:30 PM. I needed to be there by 4:00 to get the tour before the building closed at 5:00. Because of her help I found the building in time to take the tour. I would definitely stay here again, and would try to get the same room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Pennslyvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

The staff was friendly, the rooms and lobby very clean, the pool was not huge but well kept. The pool room also has a refreshing whirlpool . The price was very reasonable. The Battlefield is about 5-7 miutes away. My only complaint - would have liked an alarm clock in the room.

• Stayed September 2009

Been to President Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!