“Best Kept Secret!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of President Inn & Suites

and 1 more site!
You added President Inn & Suites to your Saves list
President Inn & Suites
606 York Street, US 15 andUS 30 (Lincoln Hwy), Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Motel 6 Gettysburg)   |
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Kenhorst, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Kept Secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Husband and I at the last minute wanted to do an overnight stay at Gettysburg most of the hotels and motels were booked but not Motel 6. I have to say it was a very nice stay and would do it again. Our bed was very comfortable and everything was great!

Room Tip: the pool was closed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Motel 6 Gettysburg is one of Gettysburg's best kept secrets. The value is unmatched, the service is some of the best I've experienced, rooms are clean and the hotel is very quiet. My wife, my father-in-l stayed for the past few nights during an early vacation to our favorite small town. To be honest, for the cost I expected nothing more than a place to lay my head, but it was much more than this. I highly recommend this hotel for your next visit to Gettysburg. Hotel is only a minute or two from town. My wife and I would not hesitate to stay here again...we truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for pricing and pets. We were allowed to have our dogs and it was a really good value. The room had an odd smell. Not bad, just a little off, but the first room service visit after we got there I stopped smelling it. The 'free breakfast' was just coffee and that sucked a little bit. Again, the price was right and location was great! It's not a 5 star hotel but I'm not in Gettysburg to see the rooms......

• Stayed April 2012
Draper, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on an overnight trip in the middle of our Washington D.C. vacation. Our whole trip was done on a shoestring budget and the motel came in at a perfect $56 for the night! Naturally we assumed we would get what we paid for and didn't have high hopes, but we were completely taken by surprise!

The staff was very friendly and the room was incredible for the price. There was no lingering odors or questionable stains to worry about, everything was in perfect condition. We had a room with two queen beds. They slept very comfortably and even had cute historic looking headboards to add to the charm of the area.

The bathroom was well lit and very clean. The toilet required and extra jiggle to stop the water running, but we didn't mind. The place had a good selection of television channels and even gave us free internet.

There is an indoor pool that looked nice, but they had been working on it so it was closed.

In reading the reviews from the past year or so, I would guess that the place is under new ownership. Everything looks fresh and updated so it is a great place to stay, and for the price, it can't be beat.

In the morning when we thanked the manager for our wonderful stay, he even offered us a discount card to use on our next visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel was in a pretty good location however the rooms need to be updated. They had very old carpet and furniture including the beds. They were uncomfortable and the pillows were so flat you needed at least 3. Tue shower curtain was dirty and so were the floors. The staff was very friendly and helpful. That was the best part of the stay. The pool and the hot tub were dirty so the kids couldn't even do that. I wouldn't return to this hotel. Oh and for breakfast it was mini donuts and coffee. Or cereal. Worse continental breakfast I have ever seen.

• Stayed September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just stayed here one night passing through. It is an older establishment. Everything is outdated, but clean. There is a pool, which is a plus. It was a bit overpriced (but so is everything else in the area!), Staff was very nice and let me check in early. There is free coffee in the am and doughnuts/cereal selection. If you are not looking for anything too fancy, then check it out!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Gettysburg is expensive in the summer time, but we were able to save by staying at the Motel 6. Our room was clean and the air conditioning was cool. The staff was accomadating and provided us with a lot of information on the tourist attractions. Their lobby was homey and had a REALLY long vine. I was impressed by the plant so I took some pictures. I really liked the place and would stay here again when I visit Gettysburg.

Room Tip: I had a room that had a window overlooking the pool. I recommend it when you're traveling with k...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to President Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!