“okay, could've been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of President Inn & Suites

You added President Inn & Suites to your Saves list
President Inn & Suites
606 York Street, US 15 andUS 30 (Lincoln Hwy), Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Motel 6 Gettysburg)   |
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Rochester, NY
“okay, could've been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Hotel only minutes from downtown area and park attractions. Room and pool area overall were fairly clean. The internet is fast too. One major disappointment was the extremely limited selection of the continental breakfast; cereal, donuts, and bread (that's it). A bit pricey for a motel 6 considering the limited amount of amenities. There is no coffee maker in the room and only available during the before-mentioned continental breakfast. Elevator also a bit sketchy, such as wanting to move when the door is still open. Nevertheless, hotel still comfortable without the frills of a fancier location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Stay was ok (actually was priced high for value but lower than competition and offered free inernet and decent breakfast) till I was about check out, checked under pillow to make sure I didn't leave anything. Big round reddish brown blood like stain on the white sheets. When brought to hotel's attention after we left (yes that was our fault - were in a rush to get out and didn't have time to deal with it), this is what the lady at the recption had to say - "one of the two ladies with you must be having their periods". I was embarassed but made sure to keep that aside and explain that a GUY slept on the bed and the ladies slept on the other bed. Lady at the reception said she checked the stain and it was fresh. Ridiculous and disgusting liars. If you could do yourself a favor, don't stay at Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was my second stay here. If you're looking for the Ritz Carlton then this place isn't for you! However, if you're looking for the best bang for your back without sacrificing cleanliness, comfort, safety and location then this is the spot for you.

Initially I was given a room with no frig and a broken A/C, which wasn't a problem because I explained my issues to the female owner, who was extremely polite and empathetic - she apologized and quickly accommodated us with a room with a frig and working A/C.

Moreover, she remembered us from our previous stay, which impressed me since it had been a few months prior since our last visit.

I informed her that I'd like to book a room for the reenactment weekend and asked when I should do so - She recommended that I do it a few months early, which was helpful.

Finally, the entire staff fully accommodated us - my children feel safe and comfortable at this Motel 6, which is paramount to me!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Stamford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Just a few blocks from downtown Gettysburg, this was a perfect location. Down the street from Walmart, Home Depot, etc in one direction and historical Gettysburg in the other. Free internet, clean room. Quiet. Just what we needed.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Don't even try this place!

We were in Gettysburg on OCT. 2, 2010, since the apple festival all the hotels and motels were full, so we planed on driving to next town- new oxford to find a hotel ( also maybe cheaper), while we drive on York rd. My husband saw this motel, and found out they have a double queen sized room for 2 adults and a kid($109/ night), since we had to be at visitor center for the battle field bus tour next morning at AM9:15 , so we decided to stay here, and save sometime for us in the next Morning, even though the price is so expensive for this hotel.

In the lobby, my 2 year old( active boy!) turned on the 2 A/Cs (set on HOT), the heating units burned the dusts and the lobby soon smells terrible!

the room is spacious, though the carpet, the towels, curtains are all very low quality materials. When i open curtain I soon realize that the swimming pool is right outside of our window. No fridge, no microwave, very plain decor.

The pillows smell sweaty and dusty, the worst, next Morning there are little red spots over 10 of them on my neck and chest. Today, OCT. 4, 2010 the spots are all swollen to thumb nail size and very very itch! I don't know what are they !!!

The breakfast was a JOKE! Tiny sugar coated donuts, milk, coffee, no ice water!! We can get cold water in the lobby fountain drink machine! little hot water couldn't catch up the customers need, had asked several time. No any fruits, yogurts! It's so obvious that they don't think the customers first!!! The hotel was full (parking lots were full), but there are only 5,6 packs of instant oatmeal available. When i asked the Indian lady(owner?) said they have no more!!

This was our 12th day on the road, from Houston drove up to this place, this place is surprisingly dirty, inconsiderable and uncomfortable!!! I had terrible experience and still being bothered by the bug bite on my neck/ chest (check the pics !). Luckily my 2 year son didn't get bit, otherwise I would feel more anger.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Great value for money. We had a lovely room, Very spacious, king size bed, sofa, tv, bathroom with jacuzzi in bath. Very clean. Indoor pool and a spa pool. Staff were very friendly and extremley helpful. Easy to get to the National Military Park by car from the hotel

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

We had rode up to Gettysburg to do some site seeing and intended on staying the night. We had not booked a room any where, figuring we would find a hotel along the way. After we went through the battlefields and on through the town, we saw the sign for the Motel 6. We got a very nice large and clean room. The manager let us park the motorcycle right outside our bedroom window! The manager and his wife were very friendly and most accommodating. They had an indoor pool and spa that were again, very clean and quiet, so we were able to enjoy them for a long while. The bed was comfortable and we were able to get a good nights sleep before starting our ride the next morning. They had fresh, hot coffee made the next morning that we enjoyed several cups of. The next time we want to stay in Gettysburg PA, we will be going back to the Motel 6 Presidents Inn!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to President Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!