“Better than I remembered” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 36 activities in Gettysburg
Type: Farms, Ranchs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A hands-on interactive Farm Park with numerous farm animals. Our full-time staff of performing animals take the stage for guaranteed laughs! Get up close and personal with our famous namesake miniature horses and their farm animal friends. Play areas, a Western Town, Educational Displays, and Special Events are sure to delight the kids and “kids at heart”. Pack a lunch or enjoy the food at the Hobby Horse Cafe.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Falls Church, Virginia
“Better than I remembered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Made a return visit here after 30 years and had as much fun as I did as a kid! Was so amazing to see it through a grownup's eyes with my goddaughters. Love being able to have hands on time with the little horses and other animals. (If there are baby piglets, I dare you not to be charmed by them.)

So glad to know the farm is still thriving! Happy to see rescue dogs in the show too.

I used this as a way to break up a road trip home from Hersheypark back to DC. Wonderful time!

Visited June 2013
LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
We are absolutely thrilled to see generations of families returning to visit us to share what they enjoyed in younger years. It gives us great satisfaction to share what we have with others and to see the happiness that our animal friends bring to everyone. Our gratitude to you and your family for remembering the fun times that you had before and bringing others to visit with us. Here's hoping that our little park can continue to bring joy to our guests for many more years. Thank you so much for your kind review and we wish you safe travels!

New jersey, united states
7 attraction reviews
“Great place for the kids...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I visited the Land of Little Horses 35 years ago as a child, and I loved it. I recently brought my own children on a family vacation in Gettysburg, and it was even better than I remembered. There were so many animals for my children to interact with, including some that wandered around freely. We learned a lot about the horses, and even got to watch a show. There was a small old western town that the kids enjoyed playing in, as well as pony rides and a cart ride. We spent hours visiting, despite the 90+ degree heat that day. My only complaint is that the admission price was a bit steep.

Visited July 2013
LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our park. Even I mean to do these things sometimes but by the time I return home, it slips my mind so "kudos" to you and all of our other reviewers for remembering to do this! All of us are so glad that your visit was a enjoyable and that you were able to spend time with us and take advantage of what our little park has to offer. We are grateful to all of our guests and we hope that the memories made here will bring them back for another visit. Please know that your complaint is completely understood and totally legitimatebut we hope that you will be able to understand that the admission price is what funds our park for the entire year although we are only open for 6 months of it and basically 3 of those months are when most of our guests visit. We try to add small improvements as the years pass so that returning guests may find something different on each visit as well as supporting the costs of our feed and veterinary and animal maintenance, liability insurance, payroll costs, building, equipment and grounds maintenance.... and well you get the idea. All things aside, we wouldn't be doing it if we didn't love sharing what we have with others and are so glad that you found pleasure in visiting our little farm. Thanks again and we hope that we will see you in the future. Wishing you safe travels!
Columbia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“Cute Adventure for the Young & Old”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is such a cute place to visit whether you are 5 years old or 60 years old. The Little Horses are adorable. You can purchase horse food and feed the different ponies. Inside the little barn/stable you can learn about different horses from one of the care takers. Some of the ponies even walk freely while others are in pens. For a little fee, your child can get a pony ride. There is also other animals there you can visit with and feed. Around 4:15 pm they get the horses ready to be let out in the pasture with the help of the resident dog. That was cute. There are plenty of places to sit down and relax too. There is even a snack bar that is reasonably priced. We spent around 2 - 2 1/2 hours there. Oh, and finally they offer a AAA discount of 10% off admission. My kids love it there. (Even my oldest, she's 20 yrs old).

LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
The staff at Land of Little Horses Farm Park are delighted that you were able to visit us and enjoy your time here. Thank you so much for your wonderful review and such kind words about our park. Our goal is to make sure that all of our guests enjoy their visit as much as it sounds like you did. We hope that you will be able to visit again. Wishing you safe travels!
“Just an awesome place for children to have a great time seeing the ponies and the other miniature animals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I would recommend anyone with children to take them here, it's an adventure they will never forget. They get to feed, pet and even brush the ponies along with the other animals. My granddaughter just loved it and can't wait to go back. There is much more than the little horses to see. We were there for hours.

Visited July 2013
LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our park. It gives us great pleasure to provide a family friendly atmosphere that is relaxing and enjoyable for our guests. We hope that your last visit will be the first of many and we will continue to work hard to make a memorable experience for you and your family. Wishing you safe travels!
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm a little late getting to this review, but I took my granddaughter to the park a few weeks ago and we both had such a wonderful time. It hurts me to see the negative reviews left on here about things such as the show not being good or the animals not seeming well taken care of. Coming from an animal background I can tell you that none of these animals are being treated poorly. Seems to me they are living a nice life! Some of the horses you can tell are older and therefore don't look as in shape as the younger ones but that's what happens! The admission price is a little steep but if you think about it all those animals aren't cheap to care for I'm sure. Also there is a lot to do. The weather was great on the day we were there so we didn't mind sticking around for a while.

I thought the show was very cute and also educational. The lady conducting the show explained why she was doing the things she was and I learned a few things. My granddaughter loved the unicorn and the dogs, also the horse that went to sleep with the blanket.

The employees also seemed great. All seemed to be teenagers but what lovely teenagers they were. Always willing to answer questions and let you know what was going on. There was a dark haired girl her name was either Tyler or Taylor (my memory fails me) and she was absolutely wonderful. I made a point to ask her her name because I had seen her around the park that day a lot and I was asking her questions. I saw her with some of the horses petting them and she seemed great with them.

Hats off to a great park, hoping to make the drive again this fall with my granddaughter again to visit.

LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We are extremely grateful for your kind words in your review. It is so nice to know that there are people who are able to see beyond just what is in front of them and realize how hard t our staff works to provide the friendly, clean, relaxing, fun and educational experience that we hope all of guests experience. Our animals are our livelihood and without them we wouldn't exist so we take every step that we possibly can to provide for their care and comfort. We are very proud of our young staff members and it is absolutely refreshing to see that they are recognized for their efforts. I make sure to show all of our staff members each and every review so that we can either improve upon areas that may need work or be proud knowing that we made it possible for someone to have a very enjoyable experience at our farm. Thank you for taking the time to write and know that your review made us all very happy! Wishing you safe travels!

Been to Land of Little Horses? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Land of Little Horses, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later