“DOBBIN HOUSE TAVERN DELICIOUS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast
89 Steinwehr Ave. (Business Route 15 South), at Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #17 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“DOBBIN HOUSE TAVERN DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2004

After touring the Gettysburg battlefield, I had worked up quite an appetite. The Dobbin House Tavern was just the place to satisfy my hunger. The menu choices included, but were not limited to : veal, pork, beef, chicken, and duck. Dinners that night included fresh mixed greens salad, baked white or sweet potato, and oh so yummy rolls and breads. I selected the duck. Oh...the spices were just enough to render this bird succulent. The sweet potato was plain. Butter was all that I smothered on it. Portion sizes were more than enough. The cost, including beverage, dessert, and tip came to under $30. Enjoy the ambiance, Irish music, and the food. Oh, and please visit upstairs. The bench chairs are decorated to look just like a bed...complete with bed posts. I highly recommend The Dobbin House Tavern.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2004

I took my wife and kids there to eat at the tavern below, and immediately upon entering, I felt I was slightly back in the 19th century. The staff were friendly and service was just right. The environment was slighly dark, lightened by candles on every table, and the historic decor proviced a lot of historic discussion. The food was very good and my picky kids can't wait to go back. There is much history to this place, and I was proud to eat at a place that was a stop along the underground railroad. I pity anyone who passes on this place they will be truly missing out on a Gettysburg icon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2004

We enjoyed the whole experience the first night we were there that we had dinner there the next night. We are looking forward to returning soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2003

Great food, unique atmosphere with wait staff in period dress. Don't miss the onion soup in the Springhouse Tavern.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2003

The Dobbin House restaurant in Gettysburg was originally a civil war-era home and has an underground railroad museum in the basement that you can tour while you wait to be seated. The decor is period and the staff is dressed in period costumes. The food is fabulous (I had prime rib) and prices are according, but not unreasonable. My suggestion is to go early if you don't have reservations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2003

The Dobbin House/Gettytown Inn is a favorite stay for my family and friends. As Civil War enthusiasts we make an annual trip to this charming and historic town. You will find the Dobbin House convienently located on the main through fare where it has stood for more than 2 centuries. The staff is always welcoming and helpful. The meals are always superb, truly first class fare. It is a highlight of every trip to Gettysburgh when we partake in a leisurely repast in one of the cozy dining rooms. The Breakfasts that the Inn provides are always exceptional and inventive. The stay there has always exceeded our expectations, I would reccomend this Inn and Resturant to anyone looking for a special dining experience or overnight stay.

Been to Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!