“Very Disapponting” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 25 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Minden, Canada
“Very Disapponting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Let me begin my saying that my husband and I have enjoyed many good meals and fun times at your establishment over the last few years. It was always a highlight of our trips to Gettysburg. However, things have really changed. Saying I was disappointed in our visit on September 4, 2013 is such an understatement. We had built up the evening so much to our six friends who were joining us at Gettysburg this year. The server was great. However, the meals were not. Seven of the eight meals were less than OK, with two being totally inadequate. I felt sorry for Ashley who tried to improve the situation, but really couldn’t fix the meals. I am not sure if there is a problem in the kitchen, or a new owner, or whatever. I feel that you have a fabulous place with loads of character upon which you could really build a great restaurant. It had been great before but I’m not sure that I would ever venture back. Actually when asked by a stranger for a place to eat, one of our friends told them to ‘avoid’ your establishment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Jane Lew, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love this restaurant! Such good food and wonderful staff! Love the feeling of stepping back in time! I also love the Jennie Wade Bread! Yum! We have dined here a couple times and they have never let us down! Definitely recommend when you're in Gettysburg!

• Stayed October 2012
strongstown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been eating here for years. We have always loved it...UNTIL the last time. The menu, service and cleanliness have changed. It is now overpriced poor quality food. I'm not sure if someone else has taken over or if the owners have given up, but something has gone wrong here. It used to be period dining with quality food...now it seems to be frozen/precooked/instant food items. I have been very disappointed with many of the restaurants in Gettysburg this summer...maybe it's time to stop visiting for a while. Such a shame that so many of the nice places are turning into dumps :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed in the Jenny Wade room. Dark, dingy, and dirty. The window was right on the patio dining area, so you could not open the drapes. Lots of noise from the dining area and nearby kitchen. TV didn't work, room was not made up by 4pm. If we wouldn't have called the front desk, I doubt it would have been done at all. No control over the heat/ac, alternated between stuffy and freezing. Staff seemed forlorn and unhappy. Food was good, as is the location. Parking is convenient. If you are a ghost hunter (it's supposedly haunted), it might be worth the price. If not, there are much nice B&Bs in Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the garden house, all the rooms are next to the tavern and kitchen, and are very n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for one night. It was my first time staying at a B&B. They were great. They have a cute book store that reminds you of simpler times. That is where you check in at. They also have a fine dinning area, tavern and out door dinning. While on our trip we went on ghost tours. At one point we did theirs. It was wonderful as we were taken inside the B&B where we fell in love with the beauty of the place. We heard tales of haunting so we were able to get a room. What a great night! They also rent Scooters. We were not able to get a scooter but we will be sure to do it next time! All around a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food and the outside seating was wonderful. Great time to eat and relax and talk to family and friends. There were eight of us and we all ordered something different and everything was good. We ordered steaks (one was very over cooked, but they fixed another), salmon, turkey, onion soup, and pork loin. The only negative was the service was very slow!!

Good place to relax and tour the house that is full of civil way bullet holes.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Snow Camp
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My son & I decided to stop here for a quick bite to eat while touring Gettysburg. We both ordered a sandwich platter. The panini style sandwich I had was OK. He had the roast beef sandwich. He enjoyed his. I think for the price they could have offered more. We wanted to try some of the local fare on their appetizer listing, but the waitress stated they were not available.

If you enjoy eating outside on a beautiful day, this is the place to go. Be prepared to pay for the experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family