“Nice rooms but service was meh” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Farnsworth House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Farnsworth House Inn
401 Baltimore Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #21 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Branchville, New Jersey
“Nice rooms but service was meh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in the Lincoln Room on 7/20. There was quite a wait to get a cocktail or food. The location is great and close to everything. The room was clean and well appointed. The staff were very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
G
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I never write reviews - BUT MY EXPERIENCE WAS SO AWFUL - I just had to!
We waited over 1.5 hours for food, which when it arrived, was cold and bland. We said we weren't happy and the manager cam out, who then preceded to be rude and aggressive because WE DIDN'T ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! She should not be running that place. The serving staff I felt sorry for. We were offered nothing as a sorry and expected to pay full price and tip! After a long heated debate, where the rude manager talked down to our table, we received 10% off! NOT GOOD ENOUGH! If she had handled it better and not expected us to pay for such terrible food and service, I wouldn't be writing this!!!

It's such a shame. Our party was made up of three tables and about 16 guests. WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING EVER! There loss!

It's over priced, low quality (claiming to be high), and will surely disappoint.

I cannot advise people enough. Do not eat here!

Room Tip: Don't eat here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

we are there for lunch. beautifully preserved property.. good service and atmosphere. reasonable prices. great soup! the a/c could have been better but they were trying to cool a 200 year old building

• Stayed July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is very sad for me to say, but, as a longtime fan of the Farnsworth, they have lost me as a customer. The service is poor, the women who answer the phone are VERY rude, and everything about the Farnsworth House has turned from wonderful and inviting to grungy, dirty, and unappealling.

They have dumbed down their dining room menu to their bar menu (even though their website has their old GOOD menu still on it - Hello! False advertising!) and thought no one would notice. Then, told all the customers who complained that the "150 Gettysburg Anniversary Committee forced them (and all of the restaurants in Gettysburg) to change their menu to get more people in and out faster." When I questioned the other nice restaurants in the area, they had no idea what I was talking about. Oh, and the food was not good.

The owner really needs to reassess what is going on at his establishment. Not everyone cares about ghosts, ghost tours, seances, or haunted houses. Some people come to Gettysburg because they are interested in history.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. The price does not warrant what you get.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed there back in 2002, had a really nice time. The food was great and really enjoyed the history surrounding me. The home does have a lot of "feeling" in it. Please don't go there and expect boxes moving or ghost flying....feel the vibe! Walk the battlefield, go to the main street...have your own ghost tour but do some historical research first.

You know, really interesting place to check out....why not?

Room Tip: Really, try them all? I got what was available, Eisenhower room. I was satisfied. I would love to st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

if you visit Gettysburg the Farnesworth House Inn is a must! I was there during the 150th anniversary and even with the crowds of people the wait for lu ch was only a few minutes. The food was, as it always is, excellent!

• Stayed June 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My brother, niece and I went for dinner. The night before we had dined at the Dobbin House and had a wonderful experience. We were hoping for the same - or better - at Farnsworth but this was not to be.
The green beans were canned and the Chicken Pot Pie had no crust and was a pasty mess of chicken and overdone noodles. Service was brusque and somewhat rushed and rude.
Not worth the time, the calories or the cash. Stay away!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Farnsworth House Inn? Share your experiences!