“Very Special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quite The Stir

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Quite The Stir
500 West Middle Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #20 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hello,
I must say that during our stay in the Gettysburg we came upon this quaint gem. It made me feel so warm and cozy, yet elegant and sheik. I HIGHLY recommend Quite the Stir. I hope that though, when I pass back through,that it's still available. Just couldn't keep a beauty like this hidden. Thank you Quite the Stir for making our trip to Gettysburg highly-memorable.
Jacqueline S.

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Highly recommend this classic B&B! Our stay offered us all the comforts of home and was quite a very nice place to settle down and unwinde after touring the Battlefield. Added plus + was the decor, which was original, fun and truly remiscent of a time not ever forgotten.

Room Tip: Both rooms are really excellent. We selected the rear bedroom. Fact, we had the whole house in add...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Celebrated our anniversary at Quite the Stir this year and we already decided we will definitely stay here on all of our anniversaries and any chance we can get to Gettysburg. Really surprised when during our stay, Joelene, the innkeep delivered specialty teas and two matching china cups as gifts! We can't say enough about the guest house right in downtown of Gettysburg. What a fun stay, loved the quaint feeling, the beyond great service, old fashion hospitality with kindness. Top of the line!

Room Tip: We had 2 bedrooms to choose from. Very quiet and ROMANTIC. Luxury queen bed in rear of house with g...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Quite The Stir in early July 2012 and found the guest house and amenities to be quite amazing. The house is filled with a charm, was immaculate, and we found ourselves more at home during this vacation than any other. Our kids enjoyed a chance to check out the history throughout the entire place. My wife and I enjoyed the comfort and luxury of our bedroom. As far as the linens and the toweling? First class. Having an entire place with a rear yard and free parking right in town was sure a find. The hospitality was the best we've ever experienced, and that says a lot coming from frequent travelers. Quite The Stir is a Gettysburg lodging find!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I planned to visit for the 150 Anniversary in July of next year. In fact, I booked multiple reservations in Gettysburg as we were planning early and knew hotels would book fast. However, I was told Quite the Stir was the best, so I called to confirm my reservation and told it would be no problem. I went ahead and cancelled all of my other reservations in late July 2012.

In August, I received an email from the owner cancelling my reservation for July 2013, telling me she had personal circumstances pop up. There was nothing to do, no help to be given, no suggestions of where to stay. However, I see the B&B's web site doesn't indicate any changes to its reservation policy or indicate that it's not booking rooms. Further, the inn's Facebook page is still promoting the 150th Anniversary, telling people the waiting list is growing and encouraging people to come in July 2013.

I don't understand how the owner has issues that will not enable her to book rooms a whole year from now, but endorses a Facebook page that still calls for reservations and promotes ther 150 Anniversary. I also don't know why there are no updates on the bungalow's web page to indicate these changes. I feel duped as though a higher bidder came along since they are still hosting guests today, still posting updates about renovations, etc.

I just want to warn people to be wary. We're now stuck with no reservations and most places aren't even taking wait lists any more. Again, the owner just cancelled with little explanation (and no acceptable one). Think twice before you book a room here if it is a busy time for tourists.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JoleneBG, Owner at Quite The Stir, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
With hospitality as our hallmark, it is always our privilege to extend a charming and quality lodging experience to our guests, however we do reserve the right to refuse service and/or accommodations to anyone whose behavior is deceptive, injurious or otherwise harmful.

"Loveliest of all, the magic of this Bungalow shall remain in your heart for all the days of your life..1930s Glamour intermingled with 1940s Homefront Attitude and Style! Hubba, Hubba!"
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I don't want to give WTS a good review.. b/c then more people will find out about it and then our little secret will be out! This place is seriously AMAZING. In a great location, huge backyard, plenty of parking, and you get the WHOLE place for the same price as a standard hotel room. Jolene was so sweet and accommodating. The beds are SUPER comfy, porches were great, and there are so many little personal touches everywhere. We spent hours just checking everything out... we didn't want to leave! Seriously do yourself a favor and try this place out, I promise you will not regret it... Just don't tell too many people ;)

Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This place is simply wonderful. Great location... comfortable beds...lots of neat touches. AND that doesn't even include the incredible experience of being surrounded by times past. The owner is great to work with and made sure we had everything we needed. We will be sure to stay here again if we find our way back to Gettysburg.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quite The Stir? Share your experiences!