“Good food but no margaritas” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Morton, Pennsylvania
“Good food but no margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the good food in this unassuming, neighborhood Mexican restaurant. The service was great too. It's BYOB, which was a little disappointing, but it seems that's the case in other Mexican restaurants there. No matter - enjoyed it anyway.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank billybobpa

“Excellent and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent warm chips and salsa, great entrees, and lightning fast service even on a busy evening.

Definitely recommend!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank kseabolt
“Montezuma Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great food, great service, great time! Small, intimate atmosphere. Would go back for sure! You can BYOB as well.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Tim J
“Could have been better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Our food was okay...I've definitely had better Mexican food. The cheese on my spinach quesadilla tasted like a slice of white, American cheese...seriously?! I didn't eat most of itbecause of that. The rice? Where's the cumin? Bland. It's a BYOB/BYOW kinda thing and the wine glasses that were brought out to us looked dusty! There was poor lighting and the fire alarm kept going off because of the fajitas! :)

The waitstaff was attentive for the most part...all up until it was time to take our money. He brought us the check, but never came back to collect it! So, my friend and I waited about 10 mins while he talked with another employee while they folded silverware. To be fair, we aren't sure if we were supposed to walk the check up or if someone was to come for it. It wasn't a fast food place, so we thought it might get taken up by our waiter.

It wasn't the worst place I'm sure, but I won't be coming back here... kinda bland for Mexican food and the atmosphere could have been a little more lively.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
State College, PA
“Food like you would get in Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is some of the best Mexican I have had in PA, with dishes like you would find in a regular restaurant in Guadalajara, or Mexico City, or some other non-touristy Mexican urban center. I had a shrimp and vegetable dish that was great. My son had pork. The service was incredibly friendly. I wish this restaurant was located in my home town. I would eat there all the time.

Visited May 2013