“Comfortable Get-Away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable Get-Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Charmingly decorated and cozy. Quiet room - never heard our neighbors. Continental breakfast - kitchen was open 24 hours a day and well stocked with nuritious breakfast foods as well as loads of yummy danish and snacks. Never had to move our vehicle. Easy walk to downtown, shops and restaurants.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We love A Sentimental Journey Bed & Breakfast! We go every year (it's been about 5 or 6 so far!) and always have such a relaxing time. Steve and Barb are wonderful hosts - it's nice to be "regulars" with such friendly folks waiting for us! Absolutely recommended for anyone who loves the nostalgic era of the 30s and 40s! The "Beautiful Dreamer" room is absolutely lovely!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was our first stay with the B&B, and we found it to be friendly, cozy and very homey. The Charleston/Moonlight Serenade Suite was perfect for our party of 4. The rooms were nice size and the beds were comfortable. It was very clean and the 24/7 kitchen had a terrific selection of breakfast items and snacks, as well as coffees and teas and other drinks as well. Free wifi was a plus and it's location can't be beat. You are within walking distance to tons of shops, museums and restaurants. This will be our new "go-to" place to stay when we visit Gettysburg again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

my husband and cousin and his wife took a trip to gettsburg Pa alst fall. we stayed at A Sentimental Journey bed and breakfast. it is very nice and cozy. very clean and fun. we had a great time and We fell anyone who tries it will too.

Room Tip: we used the family suite and were very pleased.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I was traveling with Mom and wanted to stay in a cute and cozy place. This was a very clean B&B, had well appointed rooms, and we could walk everywhere as it was close to the main street. There was a kitchen that everybody could make his/her own breakfast at, and it was convenient, but I am spoiled, and like my food hot in the morning if I stay at a B&B. I liked it overall, and it was good for our 1 night only at Gettysburg, but it is hard to say if it was a memorable stay for me. Again, many people probably do not look for that in a stay, and this B&B would be excellent for most people, but I like each B&B to make my stay somewhat extra special (totally picky, I know!)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I adore "A Sentimental Journey." I discovered it about three years ago and have stayed in four of the rooms. Every room is dedicated to its own unique era with thoughful decorative touches throughout.

I love the kitchen and wish it were my own! You step back in time when you stay here...it truly is a gem within the heart of downtown Gettysburg. Everything is in walking distance, including the infamous cemetery, battlefields, town square and all the restaurants, shops, ghost tours...

I have stayed here a few times for my own getaway, but have brought friends and family here too, all of whom just loved it and wish to come back. The Shultz family (owners) are very respectful of their guests' privacy and I found it to be a very quiet and relaxing stay every time.
I am looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Be sure to look at the website - there are 360 degree views of each room. I loved the one with its...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My fiance and I had a wonderful Halloween stay at A Sentimental Journey. The suite was cozy and ultra-romantic. We may just book another stay for our Halloween Honeymoon in 2012!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to A Sentimental Journey Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!