“Felt like a home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

A Sentimental Journey Bed and Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   433 Baltimore Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
“Felt like a home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was our first stay with the B&B, and we found it to be friendly, cozy and very homey. The Charleston/Moonlight Serenade Suite was perfect for our party of 4. The rooms were nice size and the beds were comfortable. It was very clean and the 24/7 kitchen had a terrific selection of breakfast items and snacks, as well as coffees and teas and other drinks as well. Free wifi was a plus and it's location can't be beat. You are within walking distance to tons of shops, museums and restaurants. This will be our new "go-to" place to stay when we visit Gettysburg again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

my husband and cousin and his wife took a trip to gettsburg Pa alst fall. we stayed at A Sentimental Journey bed and breakfast. it is very nice and cozy. very clean and fun. we had a great time and We fell anyone who tries it will too.

Room Tip: we used the family suite and were very pleased.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I was traveling with Mom and wanted to stay in a cute and cozy place. This was a very clean B&B, had well appointed rooms, and we could walk everywhere as it was close to the main street. There was a kitchen that everybody could make his/her own breakfast at, and it was convenient, but I am spoiled, and like my food hot in the morning if I stay at a B&B. I liked it overall, and it was good for our 1 night only at Gettysburg, but it is hard to say if it was a memorable stay for me. Again, many people probably do not look for that in a stay, and this B&B would be excellent for most people, but I like each B&B to make my stay somewhat extra special (totally picky, I know!)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I adore "A Sentimental Journey." I discovered it about three years ago and have stayed in four of the rooms. Every room is dedicated to its own unique era with thoughful decorative touches throughout.

I love the kitchen and wish it were my own! You step back in time when you stay here...it truly is a gem within the heart of downtown Gettysburg. Everything is in walking distance, including the infamous cemetery, battlefields, town square and all the restaurants, shops, ghost tours...

I have stayed here a few times for my own getaway, but have brought friends and family here too, all of whom just loved it and wish to come back. The Shultz family (owners) are very respectful of their guests' privacy and I found it to be a very quiet and relaxing stay every time.
I am looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Be sure to look at the website - there are 360 degree views of each room. I loved the one with its...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My fiance and I had a wonderful Halloween stay at A Sentimental Journey. The suite was cozy and ultra-romantic. We may just book another stay for our Halloween Honeymoon in 2012!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a very nice, and well maintained B & B. It is in a great location with a short ride to the battlefield, and within short walking distance to many attractions offered at Gettysburg. The Shultz family go all out to make you feel right at home. We look forward to our next return trip, and stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Vergennes, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

A Sentimental Journey is a great place to stay when visiting Gettysburg for many reasons. The inn is centrally located, so it’s an easy walk to restaurants and shopping. The rooms are really cute, and each is historically decorated as it would have been back in the ‘20’s or ‘30’s or ‘40’s. It goes without saying that everything is very neat and clean. Rates are very competitive, especially when you consider that the breakfast room (more like a small kitchenette) is open to visitors at any time of the day or night. It’s great to sit on the front porch at the end of the day and relax and watch people go by. The owners are super nice and go out of their way to be helpful and make sure their guests are comfortable. I’ve been visiting Gettysburg two or three times a year since 1999, and A Sentimental Journey has become the only place I stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to A Sentimental Journey Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!