“Very very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Prince Frederick, Maryland
“Very very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I decided to have a night away from the kid and go to Gettysburg. It was very exciting to get some time alone, so I wanted to make it the best trip possible. I did extensive research on different rooms and hotels trying to find a room that would suit us. I decided to go with the Travelodge on Baltimore St. It is in the middle of everything we wanted to do so we wouldnt have to drive. We decided to go with the suite room with a king size bed and a 2 person Jacuzzi tub. When I arrived to check in, the front desk handed me my room keys after paying $143 for an off season room. For starters, it was hell trying to find my room. The Travelodge consists of about 3 different buildings and after 20 minutes of searching, I head back to the front desk to ask for help. A manager was standing there this time apparently way y to preocupied with what she was doing to help me. I gave up after ten minutes and began the search again. I finally found my room..and when I walk in there was a huge machine drying the carpet. I go back downstairs to tell the front desk and they start questioning me about the kind of machine thats in the room, staring at me like I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about. She followed me up and removed the machine apologizing for thw mis hap. I then realize the 2 person Jacuzzi tub is only a one person!!! The next day when we were packing and taking our stuff to the car at 10am, our room keys stopped working!! I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone. They are also doing tons of maintenance so the rooms arent even numbered...and the ones that are have a piece of paper taped to the door. Really not worth $143 on the off season huh?

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Fourth October in a row my wife and I have stayed at this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised the first year and have kept coming back. I typically get a room for free with credit card points but this year had to book and pay through Travelodge for flexibility reasons in case we needed to cancel. Paying out-of-pocket, I still thought it was a great value. What makes this hotel great is it's location. It's centrally located and a short to moderate walk to anywhere you would need to go. The rooms are always clean and the staff always helpful.

This year, for the first time, we got a room with the balcony that overlooks Steinwehr Ave. This is really awesome especially at night the time of year we go when the streets are crowded with people going on ghost tours. The downside however, is that the room had a smoky smell, likely from people who smoke on the balcony and leave the door to the room open while doing so. The smell was not overbearing and I would say the fact that we had the balcony outweighed the smell.

Will be back this October.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This inn is in the middle of a renovation and for me it was a bad time to stay. I believe they are leaving the Wyndham group. The electrical outlets in the room I stayed in needs upgraded. There was no audio for the HBO channel, which I reported, but was never fixed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was exactly what we needed, room was very nice, bathroom large, beds comfortable. Did not have time to eat, but is within walking distance of several very good restaurants. Would have received a 10% discount at O'Rourkes.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Finksburg, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was perfectly located in the center of Gettysburg, walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The room was large and very clean. The bed was comfortable and when we asked for extra pillows they were provided with a smile. The price can not be beat!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I loved that it's close 2 where I wanted 2 be, rooms r very clean, both the rooms and lobby were well decorated, I loved that I had a deck that I could sit on and have a coffee or a drink and watch people and cars go by, they had a pretty good selection of breakfast items, the staff was friendly and very helpful . I'd decently be recommending people staying there if they would be staying and/or passing thru Gettysburg.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Travelodge Gettysburg? Share your experiences!