“Best hotel on Gettysburg” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

During a relocation from Charlotte NC to Gettysburg PA, I was fortunate to stay with Cheryl Ketelle (General Manager) and the gang at Travelodge in an extended stay room. I arrived the Monday after Thankgiving and did not checkout until March.

I could not have been more pleased in the comfort of the room, the location in town, or the quick response of the staff. Given the opportunity, I would return in a heartbeat.

The only reason I am giving them 4 out of 5 is the absence of some kind of cooktop in an extended stay room.

Kudos to Cheryl and her team! See you soon.

Mark

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mount Airy, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very clean and quite roomy. The beds are full size not double but I didn't mind that is just for a reference for others. They have just updated the bed spreads I am guessing cause they are very nice not the yucky curtain ones. The bathroom has fresh towels as well. They just replaced them all. They are soft and fluffy. Nice touch to management. With the 150th coming up this will be great for tourists.

The breakfast bar is better then most. The continental breakfast included waffles that you make yourself. I love this cause they will be hot, you know they arent frozen and most other continental breakfasts do not include this choice.

The hotel is right in the middle of everything. The cemetery is right outside your door. Cemetery Hill is across the street. If you want to walk to the square which is where all the roads meet in Gettysburg its not even a mile. It's about a ten minute walk if that. Great location.

Now for my only complaint.we booked the hotel with a credit card but wanted to pay cash. However we did not know how hard it would be to get the money released that they placed on hold when booking the room. If I had of known I would have just paid with the card. Not a reason to never stay there again. Just an issue I wish I would have been made aware of. With the exception of this one issue everything else was great. Just be aware of the cc issue if you want to pay cash. I think this may be a training issue not a hotel issue.

Good hotel, clean clean clean, location is perfect and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here during a snow storm. Right outside the battle fields and walking distance to everything.

Due to personal circumstances I often have to check into hotels under an assumed name (just so I don't get unwanted inquiries, calls etc) which has never been an issue anywhere in the country I have stayed before. I was given a bit of a hard time about this, however my request was finally honored.

I will be back. Good clean rooms, nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hopewell, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I go to Gettysburg 4-5 times a year and stay at the travel lodge 2-3 of those times.....Every year. We have always recommended them to friends and family visiting Gettysburg as well. We called them in December 2012 to make reservations for three rooms in November 2013 for the Remebrance Day weekend. Reservations were made, price was quoted and E-Mail confirmation was received. 3 weeks later they called and advised us they were giving our rooms away to someone else and that our reservation was cancelled. Did not care that we had a confirmation letter or that we were regualr customers that have been giving them business for years. Anyone who attends the annual event in November knows that the entire town is already booked solid, and we now cant find a room anywhere in town. Got a call from them today telling us we can now have the three rooms.....at almost FIVE times the rate given to us before. NEVER AGAIN Travel Lodge. The money we and our friends and family bring into the great town of Gettysburg in the future will go to someone else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl K, General Manager at Travelodge Gettysburg, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
In response to your review, we understand your frustration regarding reservations for Remembrance Weekend 2013. A date change from November 15 & 16 to November 22 & 23, left most hotels scrambling to try and move reservations and accommodate guests who had already booked the early (Nov 15 & 16) date to the following weekend. This change left many guests feeling exremely frustrated. Area hotels had not been notified of the change until January 7, 2013. We did our best to make the necessary changes for those people who had already booked their reservations prior to December 2012. Our computer system shows that your reservation request for Remembrance weekend came January 10, 2013. After modifying reservations previously made we found that we had rooms to offer. We were able to reach out to your family and tried to accommodate your request for the weekend at the rate published on our website. However, it is unfortunate that you found this to be unsatisfactory. At this point I can only offer our sincere apology.

Been to Travelodge Gettysburg? Share your experiences!