“Great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was my first Travelodge experience, and I was really happy about the location (in the heart of downtown Gettysburg). We were upgraded to a king suite, and we had a private balcony in the back. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, the room was super clean, and everything worked properly. The front desk staff was very helpful, and a free breakfast helps too. The free wi-fi worked really well too. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I just returned from Gettysburg, and stayed at the Travelodge. It was excellent,
the staff were helpful, the room was clean, breakfast was good, and the
porch room was so relaxing. Thank you to Cheryl, and the rest of the staff.
I look forward to my next visit! Silvia

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I would recommend Travelodge for your trip to Gettysburg. In the heart of all the attractions. Walk and see the sights. Room was clean and roomy. I was afraid that the noise from the street was going to be loud, but it was not a problem. Across the street from the Jennie Wade house, Soldier's Museum is close. Across the street from the Dobbin House. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our first Travelodge experience and I was nervous for nothing. The location is excellent. Shops and dining very close by. We stayed in "upgraded" room 119, first floor, two rooms from lobby, two queen beds, microwave and fridge, and a safe. The room was clean and quiet--never heard our neighboors. The free WiFi worked great. Computer with printer in lobby for printing directions. Plenty of choices for breakfast (coffee, 2 juices, bagels and cream cheese, English muffins (but no toast?), frest fruit, mini muffins, pre-made microwavable omelets, 2 cereals, instant oatmeal).

My only suggestions would be a smaller desk (or somehow rearrange the furniture), a luggage stand, and a doormat.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Forest, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here because it was fairly inexpensive and it's good for being on a budget. However, when we arrived they asked for a copy of my credit card (thought that was odd, but understood). We went to the room and it's seemed nice, then things went from there. I'm a student taking online classes and had homework to do online. The WiFi NEVER worked. We asked several times what the issue was and if it could be fixed and we were told it was fixed and it must be our computer, but we tried the WiFi connection on several devices and it never worked. Then there were ants in our room. That's just nasty!!! There was some mold in the bathroom as well. I've been to several hotels that have continental breakfast, but this was a joke. Not much of a selection and on the second day the fruit was going bad. The bananas were completely brown and black. There was no orange juice on the second day and it was only 7am. The bagels and english muffins were super hard you couldn't cut them to have it toasted. I would never recommend this place to anyone and I'm never staying at a Travelodge ever again!!! Spend the extra money for a better place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The location is great, close to everything, I love not having to use the car all the time. I just stayed for one night in 209, just behind the reception desk.

The check-in was weird. I came in at around 3:30 with a smile and a friendly "hi" and telling her my name and asking for my one-day reservation. She just checked her stuff quietly and then all of a sudden she asked "... and how are you today, sir?" in the most insincere tone, that immediately made me feel unwelcome, as if she wanted to show me how bad a person i am for not asking her. she finally found my reservation and asked again "just one night?" and demanded credit card and a photo id she could copy (copy?! i was in nearly 20 hotels on my trip through the states before, no one did that).

I was just happy to have my room cards and left again for a drive around the battlefield and did not come back until after dinner, without even going into the room. The room smelled a bit damp. It is a wooden building it seems and aged a bit. Cleanliness is average I'd say. The water pressure in the shower however is a joke. Water is barely trickling down. I am glad I ham here for just one night.

The balcony is very nice to have and the WiFi and TV works. Did not get a reply to my "morning" today. The breakfast has all the basics. Again the location is perfect and reasonably quiet, but still I'd probably go somewhere else the next time.

Room Tip: good for a short stop