“Very Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
“Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I had come up to spend a few days in Gettysburg and my hotel of choice was booked solid. I have never stayed in a Hampton Inn but my wife does so on a regular basis as a preference. We stayed four nights and it was a wonderful, wonderful experience. Room was very nice and very clean and the free breakfast was wonderful. The staff are second to none...the lady who works the front desk during the day was extremely helpful, friendly and customer oriented...a true pleasure. This will be the hotel I will stay at my next trip up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm a Hampton Inn loyalist. I'm usually never disappointed by the rooms, the comfortable bed, or the breakfast. It's a five minute drive to historic downtown where you can easily find parking. and it's usually affordable unless there's an event in town - that's when the prices get ridiculously high, beyond $200 a room. I know rooms are scarce in town when there's a re-enactment, but you've got to be kidding me. It's a Hampton Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. But the plus side is the very friendly and informative staff. I've stayed here up to ten times, and they always say "welcome back." That's service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hampton Inns generally do not disappoint and are wonderful traveling hotels. The staff in Gettysburg was especially nice, the room well appointed (we like the ones with mini fridges). Very clean, quiet and easy to find.

Room Tip: This Hampton Inn is one of the best ones.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

After watching 4 of my son's soccer game at a recent tournament, it was nice to come home to this room. It is decorated very nicely and contemporarily. The breakfast in the morning exceeded my expectations. There were the usual cereals, pastries, make your own waffles, but they also had eggs and a creative egg, ham and cheese topped bagel. My son ate very well that morning.
My only complaint was that it wasn't very sound proof. I could hear everyone in the hallway and I could even hear someone's alarm go off in the morning. I am not a light sleeper, either.
Still, I would choose Hampton Inn again for the next time I travel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We booked two nights at this Hampton Inn to visit Gettysburg. We have stayed at Hamptons regularly but this one is certainly the noisiest. Initially we were given a room on the first floor with the road junction on one side and the ice machine on the other. We asked if we could move to a quieter room and we were moved to one at the back of the hotel NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR, unfortunately I think that this was deliberate. We don't normally ask to move rooms because of this and certainly feel that we suffered because of it.

The air conditioning unit was very noisy so we turned it off, unfortunately there was still a lound humming in the room, I don't know whether this was due to the elevator or someone else's air conditioning unit. Our room also overlooked a roof with more air conditioning units on it so it could have been any of these things. The noise was similar to a workman with a pneumatic drill, the room actually felt like it was vibrating. This completely ruined our stay.

Unless you are a heavy sleeper I wouldn't recommend it, which is a real shame as the lady on reception (not the person who gave us the room next to the elevator) was lovely.

Room Tip: Choosing another hotel seems to be the only option.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I took my family on a vacation to Gettysburg at the end of July. Monday-Saturday. The staff was wonderful - nothing but good things to say about the staff of the entire hotel. The pool was great as well. Our room, however, was not what I was expecting. I have booked rooms before, and typically like to stay at Hampton's because you're almost always guaranteed a good night's sleep. The beds were great. However, for what I paid ($150/night), I was expecting a room with a kitchenette area, table, loveseat and chair, dresser, and workstation (in addition to tv, nightstand, bathroom, etc). What I got, however, was a "station" of sorts that housed a mini-fridge, microwave, and had two drawers about the size of those in a nightstand. For a room with two beds? Plus, there were no chairs / loveseat / coffee table, and the only chair in the room was the one for the workstation. The room was clean and nice,but it just wasn't worth $150/night. Maybe $110, but not $150.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about room amenities before booking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Aldie, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and found it to be quite average, no real *wow* factor. The staff is very helpful and friendly and check-in was fast. We requested adjoining rooms and our first two rooms the door lock in between the rooms was broken so we were assigned another set of rooms which worked fine. The elevator closest to the front desk also would not work a few times we tried to use it. The pool is on the small side (15 person capacity) and the hot tub is literally the smallest I've ever seen at a hotel. My tub at home is larger. The hotel is clean, the breakfast was fine. We had just returned from a stay in Jekyll Island GA at the Hampton Inn there and so had such high expectations. The Jekyll Hampton Inn is beautiful, filled with little extra amenities, and cost the same amount as the Gettysburg Hampton Inn. It was a bit disappointing value wise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!