“This hotelier loved the Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
New York City, New York
“This hotelier loved the Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2007

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in West Orange twice this past month for leisure travel and loved it both times. The rooms are really nice, modern, and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows, which I like. The bathrooms were very clean and well-kept, as well. My reservations were always in order when I arrived and the front desk staff was very personable and friendly. On my second stay, I requested a late check-out, and it was granted without a problem! I've worked in hotels for years, and I know good service when I get it... this was good service! I will definitely be staying at this hotel in the future.

• Liked — wonderful staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Solihull, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2006

Excellent value for money. We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and enjoyed every minute. Each member of staff we met, without exception, was welcoming, helpful and friendly – nothing was too much trouble and our son, who lived nearby and whose wedding was the purpose of our visit, was impressed by the fact that the staff always seemed to know where their English guests were! The hotel is well appointed and spotless. The bedroom was spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. The swimming pool is fairly small but totally empty during the evening so I enjoyed having a private pool and Jacuzzi to myself. Breakfast was varied and high quality, excellent value for money – it is only a pity they don’t do evening meals. The only shortcoming we found, bearing in mind that it is a hotel aimed at business people, was that the bar closes soon after 10 pm. We were on holiday and coming out of New York most evenings and we found this inconvenient for a nightcap. If you don’t have a car, as we didn’t, the only way to go to into New York is by taxi to Orange Station (c.$10) and catch a train to Penn Station (c.$8 return) but we found these charges a small price to pay for the quality of our hotel compared with the prices of New York hotels. Thanks to the hotel, we found an excellent taxi owner named Fenn who drove a superb limousine. He was friendly, reliable and took us everywhere we wanted to go. If you need a taxi, ask for him at reception!

• Liked — Just about everything
  • Disliked — The bar closes too early for a nightcap
  • Tips/Secrets — If you need a taxi, ask Reception to call Fenn - he has a superb limo and is totally reliable.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

We recently spent one night at the Marriott Courtyard. The roooms are contemporary and big in size. The beds were very comfortable. We stayed here because we were leaving for the airport early in the AM and this was about 15-20 minutes away.
The only downside is that the morning buffet is $10.00 per person. It's ok if you are traveling on business, but we were traveling for leisure and didn't have to pay this type of fee with other hotel chains.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

I travel quite a bit for business and personal and had the opportunity to stay at the courtyard hotel. I was initially concerned because the price was so low that it may not be to nice. I was very suprised to find a brand new hotel. It is the nices courtyard I have ever been to. The room was very modern and the beds were very comfortable and you had plently of space/ My Hir dryer burned out while I was there but they fixed it very promptly.

Next door to hotel there is a macy and grocery store and shuttle to NYC all within walking distance. I would definetly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Courtyard West Orange? Share your experiences!