“BEST HOTEL AROUND NEW YORK” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
1000 Stash Hotel Rewards bonus points with your stay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
“BEST HOTEL AROUND NEW YORK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently stayed for 2 nights on 28th to 30th Oct. 2014. This Hotel, facilities & surroundings won my Heart. I was leading group of 33 Individuals. They all loved it. Nice Breakfast, lovely boutique rooms & amenities .... all leads to perfection. I have already booked for my next Group.

Just one suggestion...... Breakfast area should be bigger & should be up to 10 am.

Room Tip: Your own vehicle can make this Hotel as most ideal choice
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Shrutidhara A,

Thank you so very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled everyone had such a great trip. I'm happy to say that we will be remodeling our lobby and breakfast area and adding some breakfast seating in early 2015 so we can better accommodate larger groups all at the same time for breakfast. We do stay open for breakfast later on weekends however if you have special requests and needs I am always available to discuss your future visits and how we can better serve you.

Best always!

Ed Reagoso - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Eddie Z here again! Stayed here 1 night for wedding at the grove. Very clean rooms and bathrooms as well as breakfast ( continental style). Got the group wedding price of $169 plus taxes $194, make it a little expensive but was close to wedding. Staff at hotel very accommodating .

• Stayed November 2014
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Eddie Z,

Your comments and review are truly appreciated. Reviews left by a Top Contributor and a seasoned traveler like yourself carry an awful lot of weight. My team and I are truly grateful that you took the personal time to review with our favorite Review Site, TripAdvisor.

North Brunswick, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My son and daughter-in-law were just married at the Wilshire Grand on Nov 1. The wedding venue is beautiful, and the hotel rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. This is a great location to hold an event because guests can stay on-site, enjoy complimentary breakfast, and eat in their Primavera restaurant. Everyone who attended was extremely impressed and I would highly recommend the Wilshire for a casual overnight stay or to house guests attending an elegant event either onsite or in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Rooms near the banquet hall and restaurant can be noisy unless you are attending the event yourself...
Green Features: Extremely environmentally conscious. The hotel had reminders everywhere to save water, minimize laundry, etc. Makes you really think about what you can do to help.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Virginia D,

Thank you for posting your terrific rating of us with TripAdvisor. Your wonderful comments are truly appreciated and really help us to stay focused on what's so important! Your room tips and green efforts comments are well appreciated too.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I decided to join my hubby on a business trip last weekend and I called ahead of time to see if I would be able to just have the room look special. I spoke to a wonderful, cheerful, happy, friendly person named Shayna. She told me not to worry and she would take care of it. I was very happy to speak to her and was very pleased with her vibe and helpfulness. When we arrived to the hotel, we were first shocked at how beautiful the exterior was and the landscaping was amazing. When we reached our room, we were stunned. I was expecting a simple room with a simple spruce up, like a pretty towel. The room was huge, with the Jacuzzi, a kitchenette, a large bathroom and to top it off there was champagne on ice, towels in all types of designs, rose petals and roses all over the room in just the right places. My hubby had no idea I had called ahead to make arrangements. He was very pleased and happy with the set up. Our over all visit was just amazing. We had such a wonderful time and a good sleep as well. I just wanted to post this and relay this message to Shana, that we really appreciated everything she did for us. If there is a Customer Service Award, she wins it! And to the housekeeping staff that made all the pretty towel arrangements- it was so nice and made us feel so welcomed, a big thank you to them as well. I know it's not a one man job so my thanks and appreciation to everyone involved in making our stay there so special. We will definitely be back. We are just local New Yorkers, who needed to get away. Who knew Jersey would be our little escape? Shayna and the housekeeping staff made us feel like we were on a mini vaca far far from home.

• Stayed October 2014
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Arao117,

I am delighted you and your hubby has such a great time with us. I can assure you that my team and I will share in the glory of this review. Thank you for posting the pics as well. A picture speaks a thousand words, in this case, two thousand! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Ed Reagoso, General Manager
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I stayed at the Wilshire over a 2-week period in October for business and was very pleased with Room 329. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Housekeeping left my door open on 1 occasion and fortunately nothing went missing, but other than that, I have no complaints about this hotel or its staff members. In fact, I was particularly delighted to have met and had a chance to speak with Florence, who attends to the breakfast area. Florence takes her responsibility for the cleanliness and freshness of the breakfast offerings very seriously, and will not hesitate to remind guests to use tongs to select unwrapped food items or to refrain from pouring perfectly good beverages into the overflow area below the dispenser. Those guests who may need to be reminded of such things perhaps do not appreciate Florence nearly as much as I did, but nevertheless, I consider her to be an asset to the hotel and would appreciate if management would pass along to her my thanks and best wishes.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tracy817,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for memorializing Florence's sense of cleanliness and responsibility to our guests and our breakfast offering. A breakfast buffet line can be a breeding area of germs and bacteria. Florence focuses on everyone's safety, in the kitchen as well as on the food buffet line. Using utensils rather than handling food by hand is a practice that should be practiced by everyone at home and while one is away. We appreciate you understanding the need. I will be sure to alert Florence regarding your wonderful review.

Bridgeport, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

We stayed at the Wilshire Fri Oct 10th till Sat morning for a wedding. Oh my what a beautiful place. We had two rooms, a king suite and a double. Our king suite was beautiful and so spacious. Bedroom was separate from living room and bathroom. Bathroom with jetted shower and jacuzzi tub separate. Bar sink in hallway, microwave, fridge and dishes in cupboards. Gorgeous, very , very comfortable bed and pillows. Very clean and quiet.
The service and food for the wedding was outstanding. The whole venue was splendid.
The only downside was the whole carb breakfast. No protein served. It was good, but lacked eggs, sausage or bacon. Other than that I cannot say enough good about our experience there.

Room Tip: The king suite was large enough that my adult son had plenty of room on the pullout sofa bed.
Green Features: They had recycle baskets in rooms which was a eco friendly touch.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Susie G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on TripAdvisor! My team and I really appreciate your comments. Regarding the breakfast protein, we typically offer one of the staple breakfast items but I can't speak to this only because I cannot pinpoint the morning you were here. I am sorry I didn't get to see you personally and we hope to see you back soon!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us!

Best,

Irvington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Booked a room for my daughter & son-in-law, who are soldiers. I sent an email to the GM, Ed, to make sure they would not pay for anything-the bill was to be put on my card. I told him they were on leave on the way to their next duty station; they'd been married in So Korea and had not had a honeymoon, so I wanted their stay to be really special. Ed upgraded their room to a bridal suite, with chocolates, roses and champagne at no cost to me. When they checked in, they couldn't believe how beautiful everything was! My soldiers had a relaxing, private and luxurious stay; they said I was their hero, but Ed and his team were mine. Just can't thank them enough for all the TLC they showed my kids. Thanks so much!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Dear Evelyn F,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It's just not often enough that we have the opportunity to thank the military service personnel for keeping us safe. We are in a new world with our freedom constantly being threatened. I am truly proud to be an American. And as well, my staff and I are truly honored to have been able to give back - even if just a bit to a couple so embedded in protecting our freedom. They are the truly the hero's!

Most Sincerely,

Ed Reagoso - General Manager

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!