“Great Choice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Ardmore, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel is very appealing with spacious clean rooms with free WI FI, a very accomodating staff and a great restaurant on site. An added benefit is the free hot/cold breakfast as well as the extended happy hour(s) that provides free drinks and appetizers.

The only drawbacks are the small fitness center and no swimming pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Brian G,
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate you being part of our service measurement and rating process. We take each and every TripAdvisor Review to heart and speaking for my staff and I, we are truly delighted to see you have joined us. We anxiously await serving you again. Yes, I'm sorry we have no pool. A tip for future however, we do offer complimentary passes Monday through Friday to our local JCC that features some of the greatest wellness & fitness facilities in the area including an Olympic size pool! Just inquire at our front desk on your next trip!
Ed Reagoso - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay several times a year. The staff is courteous and efficient. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. Close to major highways and roads. The restaurant at the hotel is excellent, and have eaten there often. It is also convenient to several excellent restaurants. Strongly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Kelbasikid,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor! Great TripAdvisor guests like yourself have voted us # 1 choice for lodging in West Orange since February 2008. We always appreciate the time it takes to submit these reviews and we thank you very much for participating personally in our review process!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were at the hotel for 7 nights. My husband and I were there to celebrate a wedding at the hotel. We could not have asked for better service. Breakfast is sufficient. The Italian restaurant at the hotel is superb. Our only problem was that we opted not to rent a car so getting to and fro the train station was a challenge. However I would definitely return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Linda B,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Getting to & from South Orange Train Station can be a bit of a challenge. Tip for the future, set up your trip(s) in advance with our front desk and as long as we have advance notice we will schedule a driver accordingly providing the trips are after 7 a.m. and before 11 p.m. My staff and I do take great pride in our reputation and we very much appreciate your taking the time out of your busy day to post your TripAdvisor Review!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and could not have asked for anything more. The hotel and rooms are very clean and have everything you need, the guests are treated to a lovely abundant breakfast each morning by a very accommodating staff. The restaurant attached to the hotel is also excellent ...what a find! It was wonderful to be treated so nicely by a staff who knows the meaning of customer service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear BMR180,

Thank you very much for this glorious review. My team and I take every review to heart and we are thrilled to see it memorialized whenever we come across a raving fan's posting! We have been Rated # 1 in West Orange since February of 2008 and we will continue to strive to do our very best. Thank you for acknowledging our effort & success! Please contact me directly for a "BIG FAN Suite Upgrade" Certificate for your next stay with us!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip a couple of weeks ago. The hotel is very nice, but other than the aesthetic-feel, the price was a bit much for the stay. The hotel room was very average and only some members of the hotel staff showed excellent customer service. The young lady at the receptionist desk, Danielle, was extremely helpful in helping me find nearby places for food and entertainment. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valerie O,

Thank you for posting your review with TripAdvisor. After some investigation I just do not have enough information from this posting to identify you to see when you stayed or how much you did in fact pay. I do know however that being rated as average is just "not good enough" for us and I invite you to contact me to discuss what we can specifically do better to be awarded an excellent rating with you. I will happily reward your for the valuable time taken to discuss this with me personally. I am delighted that you noted Danielle's assistance and I thank you for that!

Most Sincerely,
Evanston, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a solid hotel and is my choice when I come to NJ for business. The rooms are clean, safe and quiet. Staff is very polite and gracious.

The restaurant is NOT just an add on. It is a serious restaurant with good food at a reasonable price.

I am certain your experience here will be as positive as mine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Greg P,

Thank you for posting your great review on TripAdvisor. I know you have a choice in lodging when in the area and I want you to know that my team & I truly appreciate your business!

Ed Reagoso, General Manager
SE PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wife and I stayed overnight New Years Eve to attend a party at friends. The hotel is nicely located next to Verona and Montclair, NJ, and convenient to Liberty International Airport (EWR). Check in was efficient and pleasant. Very nice, clean suite with jaccuzzi, very affordable, nicely appointed. Looking forward to another stay. Recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear JackKayPA,

Thank you very much for your second great review. As a seasoned traveler and someone who's posted as many as reviews as you have, it means an awful lot to myself as well as my team to be recognized for our efforts and our results. Please contact me personally once you've booked your next stay so I may take an opportunity to upgrade you to our best accommodations available as a reward for your loyalty. We anxiously wait to serve you again! Have a GREAT 2013!

Ed Reagoso - General Manager

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!