“Always stay here!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Always stay here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is my #1 go to when traveling to New Jersey for business. The hotel staff is OKAY but the consistency, price, and restaurant make up for it every time! I always know i am going to have a good night's rest and a decent breakfast. The restaurant serves up pretty good Italian food and the bartender makes you feel welcome

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Miami_MichelleC,

I appreciate you letting us know how we're doing and we are delighted that you've chosen to stay again and again. Please stop by and say hello to me on your next trip and know that your loyalty is appreciated by us and our friends in Primavera. We know you have a choice in where you stay and if there is anything you believe we can do to improve I am all ears! Feel free to contact me directly and Thanks Again!

Ed Reagoso - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
leverett5
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have family to visit in South Orange, and always stay at the Wilshire Grand Hotel. As soon as you walk into the spacious lobby, you feel welcomed.

The rooms are beautiful and spacious, and the beds are fabulous.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Amyekahn,

Thank you very much for your kind comments they are much appreciated! Thanks to loyal guests like yourself we have become the # 1 place to stay while in the area and # 1 In West Orange with TripAdvisor since February 2008!

Toms River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

From the minute we checked in for a New Year's Eve family wedding, the staff made us feel at home. Switching rooms to accommodate us and a champagne toast, along with delicious cookies and snacks, set the evening off in a positive manner. thank you Capri and Lewis for all your help and to Kwaku, congratulations---you know what your doing and it is reflected in your efficient staff. A great ballroom and gathering space accommodated a large gathering that enjoyed a wonderful cocktail hour and dinner. Dessert topped the evening, all presented by attentive servers. If I had to plan an affair for a large crowd, I'd travel from south jersey to the Wilshire grand for a repeat performance. Great way to start a new year.

• Stayed December 2012
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Paula M,

Thank you so much for your great TripAdvisor Review! I will insure Kwaku, Capri, & Louis are thanked for their service. I know I may sound a bit like a broken record however we remain # 1 in West Orange with TripAdvisor since February 2008. The simple reason is we care, my team, my partners, and our Wilshire community of partnerships with catering, Primavera, Jason Craig Entertainment, and American Yoga Academy. Please allow me to thank you publicly for memorializing your review and we do truly hope to see you again soon!

Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Wilshire Grand and had an excellent experience with our family and friends. The staff was very nice, the room was great for our family of four. The cocktail hour was incredible, and dinner was more than we could eat. The dance floor was great for the 200+ guests. Morning breakfast was a welcome treat, and offered something for everyone, from bagels and oatmeal to waffles and breakfast burritos. I would recommends taking at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Seashore7,

Thank you so much for posting this great review on TripAdvisor. My staff & I work diligently to insure that everyone has a great stay to remember. I much appreciate the fact that you took the time to post this review on New Years Day! The party was equally fun for my team and I and we hope to see all of you again! Have a GREAT 2013!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Of the several hundred hotels I have stayed at world-wide, the Wilshire must be one of the very best. Ed Reaguso and his team truly care about their guests’ well-being. If you are anywhere in the Northern NJ area for business or pleasure, take the opportunity to stay at the Wilshire, for this is a place that is not cookie-cutter, that has personal charm, and that has the resources to provide first-class service.

During a professional transition, I stayed at the Wilshire for around 250 nights during the past 12 months. For several months, my family joined me in one of the suites. From the first day to the last day of our stay, the hotel staff really treated us like we were family. I cannot even begin to tell you how my family has appreciated the care that we have received from the staff and Ed, the manager. I have never seen such personal attention by an entire hotel staff team anywhere else. Everyone has always been there for us, cared about our family’s well-being, went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. I thank Ed and his entire team for the tremendous hospitality during our stay.

I will say that our family was also at the hotel during Sandy. As “regulars,” we saw the hotel change over-night from a luxury hotel to somewhat of a fully-booked emergency shelter. Naturally, there was a lot of pressure on many guests and on the personnel due to the circumstances. I was quite humbled to see with how much grace and calm the staff managed these unique situations. While most guests were merely inconvenienced by power outages, it was the Wilshire staff that continued to work through these toughest of conditions, keeping everyone safe, calm and cared for. The staff managed to convey a feeling of community and belonging through the group of guests that was really remarkable and admirable.

On a professional side, throughout the year, our company also runs formal functions in the area, and we frequently book function rooms at the Wilshire. Our functions range from 10 to 150 people, and we have always been extremely well cared for by the Wilshire staff. The team around Jackie is very flexible with accommodations and the venues themselves are splendid.

Despite an annual average of 150 hotel stays and the associated several hundred hotels that I must have visited, I never before felt compelled to write a review. I see a few reviews here that reference negative experiences. During the past year, I was able to witness many unique front-desk situations that were truly handled by the staff with excellence; surely better than I could have handled them. Personally I am sure that any negative experience at the hotel was either based on a misunderstanding, or had to do with some sort of bad luck, on a really bad day. I know that if anything would be brought to the staff’s or Ed’s attention, it would be fixed to the satisfaction of the guest.

Do yourself a favor; plan your next vacation, wedding, business or other function at the Wilshire. You will not be disappointed.

If you have any questions about the review, please feel free to message me

Thanks

Alex L

Room Tip: all rooms great, suites are really worth the extra money, get one with whirlpool in bedroom for a tr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear AlexL2012,

You & your family have truly become family and your wonderful review is so very much appreciated! This review, coming from someone with your travel savvy demands and expectations pretty much leaves me speechless except to say thank you so kindly for becoming part of our family. We will be thrilled to have you back should the opportunity ever occur, not to mention how your entire family is already missed by all of us!

Most Sincerely,

Hoboken, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a wedding block here and I have heard nothing but good reports from the entire group. The staff did a great job helping wherever needed. The property was clean, comfortable and well supplied. Excellent experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear berobi,
Your family & friends were truly a delight and we are so happy to have been a part of such a great occasion. Thank you very much for posting your wonderful review with TripAdvisor and we wish you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and I enjoyed the large room. The hotel was very clean and the staff was helpful when needed. An excellent value and a welcome change from the large hotel chains. We would stay here again! LMJ

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear easytobook.com Traveler,

Thank you kindly for your terrific comments posted on TripAdvisor. I am always happy when a new guest stays with us instead of a "chain" hotel when in the area. My team & I work hard to provide a unique and service driven atmosphere. We've been Rated # 1 in West Orange by TripAdvisor guests since February 2008 and we wear the badge proudly!! Thanks for choosing to stay with us and Happy New Year to you & your family!

Ed Reagoso - General Manager

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!