“A Hollywood Hotel in NJ!” 5 of 5 stars

1000 Stash Hotel Rewards bonus points with your stay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Blue Ball, Pennsylvania
“A Hollywood Hotel in NJ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Our family went along on a business trip with my husband and had the pleasure of staying at the Wilshire Grand. We were given a free upgrade to a two room jacuzzi suite! It was absolutely beautiful! Everything about this property, from the people at the reception desk, to the free full breakfast, the ammentities, the appointments, the snack room was exceptional. I would definately highly recommend the Wilshire Grand! It absolutely lives up to its name...GRAND!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Dear 5kulpstravelling,
Thank you so much for your kind comments posted on TripAdvisor. As a SeniorReviewer I recognize that your comments come with much travel experience. Your opinion is truly respected and I thank you for taking your personal time to post your experience. I will continue listening to guests to measure our performance and the response we continue to get is just overwhelmingly positive with our TripAdvisor clientele. We hope to see you again soon!
Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying here October 2011..........what a great experience. The room was clean, beds were comfy, nice decor throughout the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was as expected, nothing speical.....waffle maker was a nice touch though! Free wifi...lots of parking.Overall a very clean hotel with a lot of character....if you have the opportunity book with no hesistation! I used hotels.com and got a rate of around $100USD. Not too far from NYC....about forty five mins.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear Ice M,

Thanks so much for posting your great comments on TripAdvisor. Though most of my hotel manager friends consider internet reviews a nuisance, I must tell you that I am crazy about them! We continue to have consistently high rankings with all the e-commerce sites and for a very good reason. We are small business, locally owned & operated with focus on just our customers & our hotel. We don't report to a corporation fifteen hundred miles away where an executive makes decisions about our business based on profit levels without even seeing or talking to our guests. We continue to offer smart shoppers like you, deep discounts (a few every day) and I commend you for seeking us out. Your business is truly appreciated! Please feel free to contact me directly on your next stay for a complimentary suite upgrade.

Edward Reagoso, General Manager & Operating Member
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the Wilshire Grand for a business meeting and the service was great. the front desk was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was delicious and Primavera had the best chilean sea bass I ever had! I am looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Katy L,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. Guests like you that comment on their stay are an important gauge on how we're doing and we take it very seriously. As a member of the ownership as well as the general manager, I like to respond to all guest inquiries and comments. In cases like yours, My staff & I are truly delighted to know that we had a positive impact and we hope to see you again soon. Please contact me directly upon your next stay for a complimentary upgrade to a suite. And if you really liked Dominick's Sea Bass, you must try his "Rock Shrimp."

Ed Reagoso, General Manager & Operating Member
Denville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Nelsy at the Wilshire bent over backwards to accommodate us. From the moment I contacted them I felt at ease. We had around 10 rooms blocked off for us along with our bridal suite, which was beautiful! Everyone who stayed was pleased as well. We had a timing issue where hair and makeup needed to be started before actual checkin and without hesitation Nelsy provided us with an offices space with snacks and drinks and we were as comfortable as could be! She let us know the moment our suite was ready and got us all set up in there. My husband loved the room and everything was perfect with rose petals for us when we got back. Thank you to Nelsy and to the Wilshire for making our special day that much more special!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Casey C,

Congratulations on being a new bride! Thank you so much for sharing your terrific comments on TripAdvisor. We believe the special touches that we provide set us apart from our "cookie cutter - branded" competitors. We have been rated # 1 in West Orange since February 2008 by TripAdvisor guests. I am so delighted that we will share in the fond memories of your wedding. I will be sure also to thank Nelsy personally for her care & consideration, she is an integral part of our team and I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know just how we did.

Thank you very much!

Ed Reagoso, General Manager & Operating Member
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I just spent one night at the Wilshire grand for a wedding. It was great! Very convenient, big rooms, very clean, nice breakfast buffet! Would definitely recommend for a wedding.

• Stayed October 2011
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear MissyH113,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. At a time when most are "justifiably" demanding more for their dollar we don't always hear the good things. We often hear what's not perfect. Your comments are truly appreciated and they will be used in staff meetings for ongoing training for all of our departments and staff members. Thank you for your patronage and loyalty.

Ed Reagoso, General Manager
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Wilshire on our wedding night and had a wonderful experience! Nelsy Payano helped us throughout the wedding preparation and she was an enormous help and very patient with us.

With regards to the room, it was very clean and totally exceed our expectations. Better yet, we received complimentary champagne and a vase of roses. We felt that was a very nice touch. We will definitely be recommending the Wilshire to all of our friends and family.

Thank you Wilshire for a truly memorable experience!

Kathy and Jason Levoy

Room Tip: The bridal suite was awesome!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy and Jason,

I am delighted that my staff & I had such a positive impact on your terrific wedding. Our ability to exceed your expectations is truly what we preach with our team very day. I believe this is the reason we remain # 1 in Ranking in our market with the discerning TripAdvisor guests that stay with us. We so appreciate your comments and I will be sure to pass them on to our staff, especially Nelsy, who strives to insure every bride & grooms' expectations are fulfilled & that we're fondly remembered well beyond the first anniversary.

Congratulations to you both and Thank You!

Edward Reagoso, General Manager
nh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011 via mobile

We were there for a wedding and were impressed. The room was very clean with nice furnishings. Well trained staff. Beautiful function room. Good complimentary breakfast, too.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear LabsNH,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are a small boutique hotel and a locally owned business that lives completely on our reputation. We like to put our best foot forward and believe that we do it well. It's interesting to note that TripAdvisor guests have voted us # 1 in West Orange since February 2008. A interesting factoid considering we're up against some very well known, brand name hotel products. We like to consider it a "David & Goliath" story. I appreciate your very positive comments and I will be sure to share them with the staff for ongoing training & morale boosting.

We Remain, At your service,

Edward Reagoso, General Manager
The Wilshire Grand Hotel

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!