“Great Group Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in West Orange
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Group Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A group of us stayed at the Turtle Brook Inn for work and were given amazing service! The hotel owners are married couple who inherited the business from one of their parents. They did their best to accomodate our group in every way. The rooms were clean, tidy, and quiet. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed in the room for 6 days during hurrican Sandy and was a great experience. The bed are firm and comforting. The management team were also nice and caring. The view from room 210 was excellent - look over a recreational center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mt. Laurel, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed October 12-14, 2012 for family weekend at Seton Hall University. After booking at BW, I found reviews about the hotel and was actually scared to even stay there, but I did anyway. My experience was nothing but purely positive in every way. Andre greeted me and was so helpful by offering to help me with my bags, inform me of the breakfast in the morning and that if I needed anything to ring the front desk. The room was absolutely spotless. The bedding was fresh and clean, as was the bathroom. In addition to Andre, Larry and Fume worked the front desk and were equally as gracious and helpful. Madeline took care of the breakfast and was kind enough to help me make my own waffles. Everyone was friendly. I will definitely stay there and only there when I visit my son at Seton Hall again. It's a great place.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room in the back of the hotel. I had room 204 and it was on the street side. It wasn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

my family and i went to visit some friends in Newark and decided to spend a day at West Orange zoo. the hotel across the street seemed a smart choice! OMG, the room smelled awful, we had hair all over the tub and sink, the sheets looked dirty and had strong cigarette smell and the worst, we were insulted by the manager!!!! How can BW allow to have someone like that as a hotel manager!!! She was extremely rude and denied the facts!!! Unbelievable! Her desk and office looked discussing and so was she and her (lack of) manners!!!! this should be seen by the hotel higher management because she is really a mean and unprofessional person!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

To me, this is a motel 6 and worse. Don't be fooled by the pics, this place is not for business stay and def don't even think about bringing the wife or that special someone. . The furniture is very old, the tv is old, carpet is dirty, and the place smells of cigarettes. Spend the extra $40. And stay at a Marriott, even if you need to drive an extra 20 minutes.
If I can figure out how to upload actual photos - ill gladly do so.
The staff was very nice and the fitness equipment appear to be top notch. There's a beautiful park across the road and I'm hoping to go running there in the morning.
The dining is limited as most of the restaurants listed on google maps - have shut down with no replacements. There is a McDonald's and subway within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I would never stay here again if someone paid me. I was upset with the hotel clerk for not stating their rates before charging my debit card $172 to stay there for 7 hours. I was on my way to PA from NYC and started falling asleep while driving therefore decided to pull over and sleep and shower. When they sent me a survey to fill out over email I gave most ratings an average score because the hotel is definitely nothing above average. For the pricing rating I put poor because its not worth a rate of $149.99 a night by far! I then received an extremely rude email from the hotel manager because I gave the hotel a poor rating! I emailed him back explaining why he received the rating I gave and told him I didn't appreciate the rude email and didn't deserve it and the man emailed me AGAIN and stated word for word "I wasn't being rude just stating facts" as if that wasn't rude in itself! !! Very displeased with my experience here and would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever!!

• Stayed June 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a family emergency and, very late at night, we were looking for a place to stay for the evening. The front desk attendant, Anita, could not have been more sympathetic to our plight, and booked us quickly, calmly, and made sure we were able to take advantage of all the amenities of the hotel. What a nice lady. Made a stressful situation much easier. Thanks so much!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn? Share your experiences!