“Don't plan a party here!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Café
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Don't plan a party here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I called to plan a surprise brunch for my mother's 60th. When I called to find out if I could stop by at lunch that day to look at the space and ask a few questions, the first response was "umm, we are busy durnig lunch so can you come at 2pm". Of course, I have a job so no that was not an option and an immediate 1st strike in customer service. I said if preferred, I can stop by after work and she agreed. When I arrived after work, I did meet with a very nice manager on duty. However, once there I was told if I wanted to secure a time and menu, I had to come between 10-3pm when the owners were available. Of course, I did try initially to come during those times but was told to come at night. Get it together. It gets better. So I called the next day to schedule a time to meet the owners and the owner was there but I was told by a representative there that she was "running deliveries" so to take my information and they would call back. OK so at 2:45, I called back since deliveries couldn't take that long and I was eager to set up a meeting and was informed the owners had a flex schedule ending at 3pm daily. I disrespectfully overheard the owner, MARI with an I, state that "doesnt he understand we are in a rush" and that they would call me in an hour. So, I'm not sure why at 3pm after lunch before dinner on a weekday that I should understand they were busy at that hour nor should I have been spoken to in such a manner. Do we have to beg people to take our money? Needless to say, I was not going to give them my business and to top it off, they still haven't called back. I hope karma pays a visit to this establishment that is clearly tripping over money.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Livingston nj
“Don't Look For It in West Orange???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

It has moved to Livingston on South Livingston Avenue near Shop Rite. The food and service continue to be excellent. The atmosphere is much better in this new location.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
“Love this little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great menu choices, food and drink options. Usually crowded though. Noise level a little loud due to the crowd. Really like the food.

Visited February 2014
aspen
“Excellent and interesting fare with awesome service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a very cute unassuming place. Once inside, you'll feel comfortable as though in an
urban bistro. The food is excellent, especially the Kale salad. Extremely reasonably priced.
The place is popular and always packed. Good little eatery for a weeknight or for before a
movie. It has a good following. The service is very attentive and top notch. I love this place!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Have been there twice recently and the food is very good. Not much on atmosphere but service is prompt and dining experience was good. Each time I went the restaurant was packed by the time I left with couples, small groups and families.

• Visited March 2014