“Excellent Service, Location, and Facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Newton, MA
“Excellent Service, Location, and Facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

A fine hotel in an excellent location, close to shops, restaurants, and within reach of the major museums and historical sites. Rooms are large, clean, and with comfortable "Sleep Number" beds. I appreciated the presence of free wifi and free bottled water, and also appreciated the absence of the wretched mini-bar that plagues most hotels: in its place was a small refrigerator where we could keep soda, wine, whatever.

What made the stay at the Radisson Plaza-Warwick so pleasurable, however, was the quality of the staff, which had to deal with what could have been a very messy situation. We'd booked for a friend's child's wedding through 1800Hotels.com, which failed to make payment to the hotel (I subsequent found out that they'd gone bankrupt and, I suppose, fled with my money). The Radisson found a room for us and gave it to us at the price that 1800Hotels had promised. We wound up having to pay twice for the room, once to the pirates at 1800Hotels and once to the Radisson. I was pleased that the Radisson honored the commitment that 1800Hotels had made (and I've initiated actions against 1800Hotels through my credit card company).

I look forward to staying at the Radisson Warwick again on my next trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor about the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel. We take great pride in the service provided by our team members and we appreciate your recognition of them.

It is unfortunate that the company you were dealing wtih didn't notify you of the circumstances. I'm glad we were able to help.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
North Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

This is a beautiful, historic well-located hotel. In the afternoons, they offer infused citrus and fruit water in the lobby. In general, staff are helpful and accommodating.

I stayed four nights on the Plaza Club Level and was first assigned room 1125 which later developed an air-conditioning problem -- Philadelphia was experiencing extreme heat -- 103 degrees with high humidity during my visit No one at the desk was able to help as the club level was completely full. The next day I moved to room 1110, a much larger and better designed room with a good view of the skyline and great air conditioning.

It might be a good idea to look at a few rooms when you check in. Room 1125 had no sitting area, the view was of the brick building across the way and the bathroom was very average in size. Be aware that the photo on the Plaza Level page of the hotel website (listed as a King Room) is an Executive King with a sitting area, sofa and side chairs and is not the standard Plaza Level room. I did get a peek at a corner room (1124) while it was being cleaned and it had a great view.

The reception desk staff and porters are extraordinarily helpful. There is a concierge, but when I asked how late nearby stores would be open, she referred me to the reception desk which I thought was strange as this is a very simple question.

The club floor is excellent - very quiet with a good size club room offering continental breakfast and snacks and desserts in the evenings during the week only. If you are staying the weekend, you may use the room (computer, big-screen TV, newspapers) but breakfast and drinks are in the restaurant off the lobby. We were given vouchers for breakfast and complimentary drinks.

I would stay at this hotel again, but would ask to see several rooms before accepting one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
The Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel has many various room types as it is a historic property and not built in a "cookie cutter" style as so many have been in more recent times. This does add a lot of character to the building and I can appreciate your comments. Thanks for recognizing our staff and posting your comments about the hotel. We hope you return soon.
Regards,
Joanne Cunningham
Director of Sales & Marketing
Wakefield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Extremely professional and friendly staff, all the way from the cleaning staff to the reception managers. Huge room, great beds, well designed bathroom. The hotel is clearly not brand new but well maintained and very clean. Noce touch: the fruit water in the entrance hall.
Good location too.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I'm glad you had so many nice things to say about the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel. We enjoy our building's historic characteristics - it makes us a bit unique. And we have so many genuinely friendly team members here at the hotel that it makes staying here (and working here!) a pleasure. Thanks for pointing that out. I hope you return soon.
Regards,
Joanne Cunningham
Director of Sales & Marketing
upstate New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

A friend and I stayed at the Radisson Warwick for two nights in April. While the location is excellent, our experiences with the hotel itself were less than stellar.

Our room was adequate, but the bathroom was horrible. It was so small that the toilet paper holder was on the wall behind the toilet (where it was nearly impossible to reach), and there was no towel rack. There was a huge water stain above the shower. It looked fresh, so I touched the ceiling to make sure it wasn't wet, and I when I did, plaster crumbled all over the place.

When I book a room on Priceline or Hotwire I don't expect the best rooms, but this one was next to the elevator AND across the hall from the ice machine, which meant constant noise at all hours. I slept horribly both nights, even with earplugs.

The common areas of the hotel were very nice, and it seems like it was once a really nice hotel, but the rooms (and especially the bathrooms) could use some updating.

Also, if you're driving to the hotel, be aware that the nearest parking garage is right before the hotel. If you pass it to check in first, be prepared to loop around a maze of one-way streets to get back to it. It's $20/day, which is reasonable for the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Joanne-1Hotel, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor with regard to your stay at the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel in Philadelphia. It appears that you had a less than satisfactory stay and I want to apologize for your experience. If you could reply to me at joanne.cunningham@radisson.com with your name and room number I would greatly appreicate it. I want to take care of you and take care of the issue you reported. Thank you for your time.
Hemlock, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

From the start this was a problem-free stay. Check-in, staff, room quality, location. I cannot say enough. Though busy we were always attended to and our questions promptly answered. It is unusual for me to be unable to thjink of even one negative. I am enthused about our stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia. Our team members really try hard to take care of our guests. I plan to post your comment so that they can see their effort is recognized by all. Please visit with us again soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I checked in to this hotel on 6/29 for a 7-night stay and, after my first 6-nights, I am still pleased by my choice of this hotel. Theh room was a decent size for an in-city hotel room and the room furnishings were soothing to the eye. The room, as well as the hallways, could use a little tweaking so they don't show the wear and tear but, then again, this is only a 3.5 star and not a 5-star hotel. Overall, it is a great place to stay, in a great location, and with a hotel staff that is very friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay. We hope you visit with us again while in Philadelphia.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting independence hall and sesame place for the kids. Got it on priceline for $70/night compared to $199 on the Radisson website. Arrived at 1:30pm and were not able to check in. Went to Geno's steaks (the one one from travel channel--- didn't think it was very good for the $- try Jim's at South and 4th) and got back to the hotel about 2:50pm) Rom was not ready but she saw we were agitated with a 2 year old and a 1 year old and we were able to get a different, yet MUCH bigger room (507). Good extra space but air was loud and didn't work at first. A guy came up and fixed it within minutes. On the positive side, the lobby is nice, the room we had was a good size, although others will be smaller and we were near Rittenhouse Square 2 blocks) which is the best neighborhood in the city. On the negative side was the valet parking ($30/night an really slow) I talked to the manager twice about it and when left they gave us a partial credit and even gave us access to the 11th floor lounge where they have some snacks at certain hours. This was really good for my kids mainly to get some fruit to have a small snack. The bellmen are not very helpful at check in. I unloaded every bag myself, although when we left, they were a bit more helpful. The worst though were the sleep number beds. I hate them. Maybe you will like them though. I could never get comfy. If you havn't been here before, every street is one way so bring the GPS. It was a necessity to get around. Old historic area is 15 minutes in traffic. A really good place to eat is Waterworks by the art museum. It's very close to the zoo and rated by Zagat.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!