“Better than I expected!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #26 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
“Better than I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2006

We checked into the Radisson for one night with a package deal. The Radisson reservations from the get go were great to work with. They were able to get us the package rate directly at the hotel when it was sold out on line.

Th lobby was very nice. Goerge at the front desk makes a great first impression.. He is courteous and very professional.

Our room was a corner romm and although a bit small the view was great. Bathroom was average and could use some updating. A/C/ Heat system was dated and noisy.

They called to make sure everything was okay within minutes of our arrival.

Club Lounge was great with cocktaisl and hors d'oeuvres 5-7 and breakfast the next morning.

We had a great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2006

Only stayed in this hotel for two nights, but really enjoyed it! As students we came to the US on a budget, and was so surprised when we found this gorgeous hotel at a great price on the internet. The lobby is beautiful, staff very friendly and helpful and the room was large. Bed huge too - very comfy! Also a great location to explore Philadelphia, we didn't use any public transport at all. All in all, a great hotel, and as with most chain hotels you always have a rough idea of what you're getting!

• Stayed September 2005
Bethesda,Md.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2006

A very mixed stay at the Radisson in September. Was there for 4 days for a conference.My non-smoking ,king bed room that I reserved was not available when I arrived ,so I took what was open ,which was a 2 bed ,smoking room with a view of the opposite wall of the hotel .Room was small ,but clean ,but did have a slight smell of smoke.There was no sitting chair ,but I called down and one appeared right away: there was no luggage rack ,but again called down and one appeared right away .

When I arrived by car ,I left my vehicle w/ valet parking.After going to my meeting ,I returned to my room and there was a phone call from the parking manager ,asking me to come down. When I did ,we walked over to the garage .It seems that the parking attendant drove my car into a wall rendering it undrivable ,and eventually incurring close to $8,000.00 worth of damage.To their credit ,the parking company rented me a car ,paid for my taxi to get the car ,comped my parking for the rest of the conference and paid for towing my car back to Md.,and for the entire repair .

Although they corrected the problems ,I do not think I'll be returning any time soon.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

We stayed at the Warwick for 2 nights in mid-December. From the moment we walked in we were very pleased. The lobby was beautiful, the doorman and front dest personel were friendly and helpful. The front dest called after we were in our room for 10 min. to see if everything was okay. The room was huge and very clean. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant, but did eat in the diner across the street.
We would stay in this hotel again - great experience!

• Stayed December 2005
Silver Spring, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2005

This hotel is located in a lovely part of Philadelphia but there have to be better hotels than this one. On the plus side: the bell staff is great, the restaurant is well-staffed and very nice, and Justin at the front desk was helpful. That's it.

We asked for adjoining, non-smoking, rooms, one with a king-sized bed, one with double beds. I called twice to confirm this. When we arrived, we were given adjoining rooms with double beds. Also, one of the rooms was labeled as "non-smoking" but reeked of cigarette smoke. As a result, we had to move to other rooms.

There were patches on the ceiling from water damage, instead of re-painting the whole ceiling to cover the patches. None of the staff, save for Justin at the front desk or the guys at the front door, ever smiled or said hello. The hotel is old and felt old. You can do better.

• Stayed November 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2005

Stayed 4 nights at the Warwick whilst visiting a congress. The lobby and bar area are very nice, the staff friendly and the price reasonable for a city centre 4 star hotel. The executive floor room I had was spacious if a bit dated, no sleep system bed here. The biggest dissapointment was the tiny bathroom, really cramped and I'd have given 12 square feet of room space to avoid the gymnastics required to get out the bath without standing on the toilet.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Blackrock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

We spent 7 nights in this Radisson Hotel and had a very good holiday there. We arrived in a deluge and the weather was drizzly for most of our week which surprised us as we expected better. We don't get so much rain at home!!
George at Reception was charming and when I asked for a spacious room because we were going to be there for a week he gave us a lovely big room which had been refurbished recently. Nice bathroom and two queen beds which were firm and that's how we like them as we both have bad backs.
The tips we left for our housekeeper elicited a lovely Thank you note which was the first time that had ever happened. I feel that housekeepers get forgotten sometimes and I like to remember them.
Dinner in The Prime Rib(under separate management) was memorable. Just fabulous but expensive. They do an early bird menu for $30 which was great value but it was very early so it might not suit everybody.
Little Pete's Diner across the street is fantastic value and good food so we breakfasted there every morning. Pietro's Italian a few 100 yards away is also a good place to eat especially for families.
If I were lucky enough to be back in Philly I'd stay in the Warwick especially if I got a good deal.

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!