“stylish, quiet and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia

You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 10%
Ranked #23 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“stylish, quiet and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

this hotel is a great addition to the philadelphia hotel scene. Way better than than sofitel, the lobby is spacious, and striking. Rooms are fresh, well designed and comfortable. Lots of small touches. my only gripe - no hand held showers, but the water pressure was excellent and the lighting was good. Nice toiletries and extra pillows and blankets. Air con was a nit noisy, but that helped the 'white noise' effect... didn't eat at the restaurants, but they seemed busy and had great menus. All staff were super friendly, and it is very convenient to Rittenhouse sq.

Unquestionably, a good hotel to choose.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

My wife and I very much enjoyed our two night stay. Due to great downtown location, valet parking was necessary and the valet parking staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The property was recently updated with a clean and modern look. Our room was both comfortable and clean. House cleaning staff were polite and customer-service oriented. The hotel lounge area near reception was attractively furnished making for a pleasant meeting place. The in-house breakfast/bar restaurant is conveniently located next to reception and the breakfast offerings were certainly above average quality. The Prime Rib restaurant, however, we found to be disappointing because the quality was below par and yet the prices were at the upper end.

Room Tip: Nothing particular
Green Features: From our observations there was nothing negative to report in this regard.
1 Thank eewie
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed here for one day over the Labor day weekend. It is really a great location if you want to do some shopping or try some restaurants. Its about a 15 min walk from the reading terminal market and about a block from Walnut street which has a lot of shopping opportunities.

The double bed room we had was very clean and adequate for the money we paid. I really liked the 'this works' toiletries. The King bed rooms are very good. Our friends used the king bed room, which had a separate seating section, a huge walk in closet and a rotating tv. We opted for the double bed because we were travelling with a teenager who prefers her own bed.

The check in process, as mentioned by other reviewers, is long and slow. Esp around 4.00pm. If you go in a little later, it will be much more seamless. The valet is also very slow as mentioned. Its an old system where they have to bring up the car. So just plan ahead and call early. We didn't have any problem with this.

For the money we paid, it was a great stay. We would stay again if a need arose...

Room Tip: King rooms are better
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Stoneham-et-Tewkesbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

great design, comfortable, central, safe area, good for family !
they have lavazza coffee in the room !
early in the morning they offer fresh fruits, granola bar ( Kashi ) and coffee...
close by, in the same street there is a VERY nice café, Miel !!! you have to go ....

Room Tip: the roll away bed for my son was terrible !!!!!!!!!!!
      Sleep Quality
Huntington, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Loved the location and aside from no view from our room, the amenities were lovely. I personally would have preferred a keurig in the for regular coffee since I travrl with my own pods. The only problem was the room was not made up at 5:15 Saturday and we waited in the very crowded lobby while it was made up. This left us very little time to get ready for dinner. The manager did call and offer gift certificate for dinner or vouchers for breakfast or use of the concierge floor but we had already had plans.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

I can not stress that the location of this hotel is absolutely amazing. There are so many cute restaurants, bars, cafés, and shops in Rittenhouse Square. This hotel gives you walking access to all the area has to offer. There is also a beautiful park just around the corner.

I stayed in this hotel 3 nights in July and on a separate trip 3 nights in August. In July I stayed in one of their deluxe king rooms which is massive. You get a separate sitting area and walk in closet. In August I stayed in one of their standard rooms and I felt a little disappointed but only because I was spoiled with the amount of space offered by the deluxe room. If space is what you are after I would upgrade to the deluxe room.

A lot of review I see complained about service. My views on that are the opposite. In my most recent trip I had to call the front desk twice once to bring up more shampoo and once to bring up some tea. Both times my items were delivered speedy and by a friendly staff. I also received calls from the front desk confirming I received my requested items and asking if I needed anything else. Also on service, I booked my trip on Booking.com and was quoted a different price than what they charged me. I went to the front desk and the girl apologized fixed the rate I was erroneously charged. Although it was an inconvenience to have to deal with, she resolved their mistake in less than 5 minutes and I was on my way.

Valet parking in the hotel is 40/night. That seems expensive but self parking in the area is 34/night so for 6 bucks extra you really don't have to deal with finding a spot yourself.

The coffee bar attached to the hotel is a bit overpriced. I would walk around to find one of the other shops to grab coffee. And if you are hungry late night, there is a 24 hour dinner on the corner. Food is good.

Overall really loved staying here. I have already stayed twice and next time I am in Philly I would most likely stay there as well.

• Stayed August 2014
Kirkby, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Beautiful modern hotel in a great central are to all the main sites in Philadelphia. Extortionate prices for parking almost double anywhere else in the city.

When we checked we were told the room we had booked TEN MONTHS prior to arriving wasn't available, they put us in what they called an 'upgraded' room with a queen-size bed and a camp bed. We were a party of four (mother, father, son, daughter) but on arriving in the room discovered that we had to set the camp bed up and also make the bed with no appropriate bedding for the camp bed, there were insufficient towels for our party, we rang reception and after 2 more phone calls plus personally going down to the front desk to ask for towels still never got any till the next morning. Dirty laundry was left on the floor by housekeeping after we had placed them in the designated area in the bathroom and once again had to contact the front desk for clean towels. On the evening of our second day we approached the desk to make our feelings known about the sleeping arrangements to the night manager. We were met with a totally disinterested night manager who had told us the camp bed was fine for anybody and that 'he had slept in one himself so why couldn't we?' after numerous complaints to more senior management we were eventually listened to.

What an absolute shame that this beautiful hotel is run by a bunch of amateurs that, but a black cloud over our stay in Philadelphia, a fantastic city to visit.

Room Tip: Don't settle for anything less than you have booked, especially for a long stay!!!!
Green Features: The environmentally friendly policy was the same as all hotels across the USA
    • 2 of 5 stars