“Ultimate Hipster Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #26 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
“Ultimate Hipster Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The Radisson Blu hotel in Philadelphia is a hipsters dream come true. Soft neon blue lights, white and charcoal gray walls. Nonsense words written on the walls and floor. The hotel feels cool when you walk in. Maybe a little too cool for me.

Pros:
My room was gigantic. Ridiculously gigantic. I could've done cartwheels in my room.
I had a cool view of downtown Philly.
Great location.
Two complementary bottles of water.
My room had a refrigerator.
There was an ice machine and a soda machine on each floor.
They had a nice fitness room, with a secret weight room off the cardio room.
Attentive and friendly staff.

Cons
My room was freezing cold. No matter how much I turned up the heat, it was still freezing in that room. Thankfully, there was a soft, snuggly blanket in the closet that let me get warm enough to sleep at night.
The room service was terrible. Worst burger I've ever had. No flavor.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Natalie O,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the beautiful and iconic Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel - the 3rd Radisson Blu in North America!

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on as well as a great location.

I apologize about the issue with the room temperature. We will address this and I appreciate the feedback.
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have to say I was very unimpressed with this place. The lobby is nicely furnished and it puts up a good front for the hotel, but that's about where it ends. The interior of the rooms are outdated, and the walls are paper thin. You can hear EVERYTHING. So if sleep is one of your hopes while you're staying here, make sure you bring earplugs.

Our particular room was definitely lacking the pizazz I would expect from a hotel of this class. The clock wasn't set correctly, and there was no way to change the time. There was no metal latch on the bathroom door frame, so the door wouldn't latch, much less lock. The sinks are about 2 inches deep so water splashes up on you whenever you use the sink. There were about 4 tissues in the box when we got there.... I'm still waiting for them to bring another box as requested, and we checked out yesterday.

The front desk staff was fairly pleasant. But none of them seemed very excited to be there. The valets are another story entirely. They advertise "self parking" for a discounted rate of $35. We figured that would be easiest because we could come and go as we pleased and not have to wait for the valet to go find our car... boy were we wrong! We pulled into the parking garage and no one was there. After a few minutes of looking around, a guy came out and waved us into a spot on the ground floor. We specifically told him we would be out in a few hours and would need the car again. When we came back out, the car wasn't on the main floor anymore and we had to wait 20 minutes for them to bring it back down. When we got back, close to midnight, we were greeted by a sign that said "lot full..." and, of course, there was no one around. After walking through the garage for a few minutes, someone finally came out and took the car in the "full" garage. Upon checkout, I went down to the garage cashier to pay for the parking (at 3pm) and the cashier was asleep at the window. She was rude not only to me, but to the group of people checking out behind us, as well. We should have just sprung the extra few bucks for the front door valet.

While I'm sure this hotel has its good points, it isn't worth the money to me. With so many different establishments to choose from in the area, I would expect more from a place trying to set themselves apart from the rest...

Dear jessicaleigh0307,
Thank you for your response. I was most disappointed to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with us on your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia.

We like to promote a high standard of quality and service and I am deeply apologetic that your experience did not reflect this.

Will your travels bring you back to Philadelphia? Please let me know as I do hope that you will try us again in the future.
Regards,
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very convenient to all hot spots especially the museums. From the moment we drove up the valet was efficient, friendly and helpful. Yes it's pricy but what parking is cheap and safe at same time. There were things that could have made this trip stressful but most of the staff here goes above and beyond. The flare of the lobby is so unique and beautiful. Wish some of that was in the rooms too:-) rooms were clean and well stocked unlike the postings of previous reviews. I come from standpoint that you have to give them chance to fix it. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Artsy.
So sorry for the dealy in my response, but I did want to thank you sincerely for your review and posting on Trip Advisor about the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel in Philadelphia.

Also, for giving me the opportunity to high five the staff - I appreciate the recognition. I hope that you return for another great experience!

Joanne Cunningam
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Traveled to Philadelphia with my daughter for a college audition. The front desk and doorman were very friendly and welcoming. They knew we were in Philadelphia for an audition and were very kind to delay out check-out time to accommodate the audition time. The rooms were very clean and modern. We enjoyed our stay very much and would highly recommend it for anyone staying in Center City Philadelphia!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear HappyBrain_11,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor about your recent visit to Philadelphia and the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia.

I hope everything went well with your audition!

We are here to wlcome you back for another visit to Philadelphia!
Joanne Cunningham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Looking for a hotel to stay at after a Flyers game, we decided to roll the dice through a discounted travel site. Extremely pleased to have "won" the Radisson. Check in was a breeze, asked if they had a room on a higher floor and the front desk was quick to accommodate us. We went up to the room and it ended up being a corner room. The room was decorated very classy and modern. The espresso machine was a great touch. The hotel was a short walk from the Subway and the Bellmen and Front Desk Agents were happy to answer any questions we had. We did NOT visit the restaurants on site, but they looked beautiful. We decided to walk around the corner to Monk's Cafe (Best beer selection on the east coast IMO). Overall, the hotel was beautiful, the employees were super helpful and its in a great location. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone and look forward to staying there again in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room or a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear zanthrum,
Well I hope we were the lucky hotel as well and that the Flyers won the game! Looking forward to your next visit.
Joanne Cunningham, general manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Not a fan of this place. While the lobby was very nice, housekeeping was really poor. Sheets were not really clean and when they remade the bed, it was rather sloppy. Also, in all my years of traveling in the U.S. and around the world, this is the first time I had to call the front desk for toilet paper (who doesn't keep an extra roll in the room? And how about looking to see that there was almost nothing on the roll). Obviously, house keeping did the minimum in servicing the room.

Well, very doubtful we'll return here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Ira S,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia I sincerely apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We clearly fell below our housekeeping service standards and did not meet your expectation. I have addressed all of your comments with our team, and I assure you we will work diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and should you travel bring you back to Philadelphia, please let me know.
PS: I love Palm-Eagle Beach too!
Regards,
Joanne Cunningham
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Nicely remodeled, centrally located hotel. Hotel felt very clean and modern. I am always fussy about heating and air conditioning systems that make noise. This hotel was very quiet and pleasant. Staff was friendly. Convenient to lots of shopping and many restaurants. Only negative is the high price for parking but found a lot close by for a lot less.

Dear talltrails,
Thank you for your recent posting about the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Joanne Cunningham, general manager

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!