“Great location!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (Formerly Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #27 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We loved the location, right next to Walnut street with all its designer shops, places to eat and bars. We walked to some "Hot Spots" listed on opentable: Rouge, El Vez, Sampan and other local recommendations: R2L rooftop bar...

We had the basic standard room and were happy with it. The size was plenty big, enough to lay out our 2 suitcases. They had complimentary water bottle, tea and coffee-which was nice. The bed was comfortable with lots of soft pillows. The bathroom was modern (undated sink/counter etc) but still had a bit of a worn feel-scatches on old tub, paint marks on tile floor. The shower was pretty warm but not as hot as I like. On the last day of our trip, the shower temperature was much hotter, probably because no one was using it at 11:30 on a Monday. The shower head was too wide for the amount of water pressure it had but it did the job. The room had an old air conditioner/heater unit that made a high-pitched click noise every 15 minutes. Occasionally the click noise was pretty loud but we were able to sleep through it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Chris M,
It was so nice of you to take the time to post a comment about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback.

I am pleased that you found our room comfortable and enjoyed the amenities as well. Yes, the location can't be beat and I am jealous that you were able to experience so many of great restaurants!

We look forward to hosting another stay when you return to the city.

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was impressed with the Radisson. I could go on about the location but I think that's covered. As for the hotel--it's very nice. The rooms have been updated and the lobby is gorgeous. I also found the staff to be gracious and accommodating. There were a few little things that kept me from giving it five stars. One was dust. There seemed to be quite a bit of dust on the lamps and cleanliness is very important. Also, the bathtub had an awful stained yellow color. It wasn't dirt but still unattractive. I figure a premier hotel can afford a new tub.

Overall, though, I would definitely stay here again. A nice hotel that is reasonably priced.

Dear ehub:
I see that you travel quite a bit and have been to some of my favorite places as well as many others I have on my "bucket list"!
Thank you for the feedback. I have shared this with my housekeeping team and I k now that they will address these items. I appreciate you bringing them to our attention.
We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Radisson Blu for a single night when we were in Philly visiting friends before our flight the next day. The lobby is very nice and newly renovated. The rooms are very modern and clean. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel and would recommend it to others!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Amy K.,
Thank you for the two thumbs up review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your time and hope that you come back to visit your friends and of course stay with us again!
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Took advantage of a couple of the Cyber Monday deals that the Radisson Blu Warwick hotel offered in late November. Even with the winter we decided to book three nights and check Philly out.

First Impressions -
Hotel has been recently remodeled to align with the boutique style of hotels. For the most part I like the look, except that this is an almost 100 yr old building and I wish they would have left the lobby a little more period correct. Beyond that the lobby, hallways and rooms are all well done. Clean, modern without being over the top.

Room(s) -
We were on the 11th floor in a business class room. While the building is 20 floors, floors 1-12 are the hotel and floors 14-20 are condos. Our room was a nice size with a king size bed and small fridge. Added bonus was a nespresso machine which sure beats the standard in room coffee makers. The bed was super comfortable (I missed it once I got home) and overall we loved the room. We did have a couple issues though. The sink in the bathroom, while modern, leaves very little space for toiletries and makeup. I'd rather have a less modern vanity that is more usable. Secondly our room (1103) had a connecting door to 1104. The doors between rooms do not deaden sound at all, so when our lovely neighbor was up at 4:30 am on the telephone the morning of our first nights stay, it sounded like she was in our room. The hotel kindly moved us to another corner room. So if you can request a non-connecting room at check-in. Our second room while about 30 sq. ft smaller was still nice (although we did have issues with our tv) and actually worked better (and was quieter)

Amenities -
If you can stay on the business class floor with access to the business class lounge. You have access to a morning continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. The morning breakfast was good, with hot oatmeal, pastries, juice, cereal, breakfast sandwiches (varies ea day). The evening cocktail reception had light bites, 5 different wines , premium beers and mid grade spirits with various sodas and mixers. Overall a nice way to wind down in the evening. And the service (except for one evening) was absolutely top notch.

I did also check out the gym on the 4th floor and must say it is the most well equipped gym I have experienced probably ever at a hotel. Gym quality equipment, plenty of machines and weight lifting options. If you are one to work out when out of town, this is the gym you want in your hotel.

Location- I'd only been to Philly once before (some 15yrs ago) and had never made it out of the Liberty Bell area. So I was pleasantly surprised see that I missed out on so much. The hotels location near Rittenhaus square was perfect. There were plenty of places to shop, eat and explore. While we wish we were a bit closer to Chinatown and the Reading Terminal market it was still only a 20-25 minute walk to those places. Easy access to the subway (a few blocks walk). Overall a great location, which we highly recommend.

Conclusion-
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu Warwick. Nice rooms, friendly staff, great location. Definitely worth checking out.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Cincycaddy,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the location and the amenities at the hotel. Yes the fitness center is large and well equipped - best of all one never has the excuse that all the equipment was in use to forego a workout!

We hope to see you again soon
Chicago Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've stayed here a number of times and what I like best is the location. It is a short walk to just about anything and everything in downtown. The just recently redid the lobby of the hotel and it is done very well with a bit of modern flare. The rooms themselves are clean and roomy but not ultra high end....but that is all right. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't stay here as often as I do!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jennifer A,
I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel while in Philadelphia.

How can you beat a location that is surrounded by restaurants and shops, footsteps away from the Avenue of the Arts, within walking distance of the Convention Center and the city's beloved Reading Terminal Market.

We will look forward to your return visit and thank you for the review.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very convenient location between Rittenhouse Square, major office buildings, as well as the Kimmel Center and theaters. The Warwick's rooms are large and nicely renovated. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Dear Wendell D,
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to recognize the team - I appreciate the comment about their friendly and helpful spirit.
On behalf of the entire staff, we appreciate the review post at Trip Advisor and hope to host a return visit for you shortly.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before because it is an ideal location for shopping and Rittenhouse Square. We were pleasantly surprised by the renovations . It is beautiful from the lobby to the bar area and the rooms. Everyone on staff was helpful and friendly. The only negative was the expensive parking even with in and out privileges . We chose the breakfast package and it was well worth it as the buffet offered cheese blintzes and even sandwich meats and cheeses much like the European hotels. Fruits were fresh and sweet. Don't eat a big breakfast. No problem here. There is a wonderful coffee shop as an alternative. We have stayed at a few other hotels in Philly over the years, but we like this one the best so far.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.
Dear LindaW2545,
What a fabulous review of the redesign Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel in Philadelphia. I am truly appreciative of your comments regarding the services and amenities.
I highly do recommend the packages that you can find for this hotel as they add so much value to your stay.
Thanks again and we will look for your return visit soon!
Regards,
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!