“Pros and cons” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Promotion
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Pros and cons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked this hotel months in advance for a very well attended conference ( so we knew that rooms would be scarce if not booked early). There was no inkling on the website that there would be construction at the time of our stay, and it is unknown if it was actually scheduled then. And hard to say if the reduced rate was due to the convention-negotiated rate or due to the undisclosed construction looming. In any event, was happy with the price, but disappointed with the unavailability of what was certainly a classic 1928 lobby, restaurant bar and perceived "grand" entry. From the side entry by the still open Prime rib restaurant and coffee bar/interim cocktail area, curbside assistance is lightening fast and very courteous, with the doorman and bell staff literally johnny on the spot as your cab arrives. The front desk staff at the temp desk were very organized and speedy...a welcome change from some hotel check ins that seem interminable when are tired from traveling. We had a 7th floor room, removed from the elevators, and in the corner, but true to prior reviews, the ding-ding of the elevator arrival is most clearly and distinctly heard, even though we were several rooms removed. The room location, tho with no view, did not get any construction noise, thankfully, and the new windows tuned out the very loud factory type noise from the adjacent building ( remarkable soundproofing actually). However, surprisingly, the noise comes from within. it is like being on the receiving end of one of those historic "whispering" halls or benches in that in your room you can very clearly hear conversations( and more :( from the adjacent room. even normal-voiced conversations. One evening, there was a small gathering in the room next to ours--not a party at all, but the jumble of voices sounded like one. We turned on the window A/C so that its steady hum would drown out the patter. So if you are a light sleeper, or even a moderate one...bring ear plugs. Other than that, the room had been updated to that "city sleek" minimalist look of like big city hotels, and was very clean and comfortable. Due to no fans in the bathroom, opening the window was mandatory, and that let in street noise ( and really didnt vent all that well) but by that time you are awake, and ready to go and start your day. High point was the courteous service and location, reduced price at the time of the stay. Loved the portion of the entry level that we saw, classic marble and gilding...hope it stays that way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Wdee2013:
Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.
I very much appreicate providing me with the opportunity to recognize our terrific team members who genuinely enjoy the hospitality industry. I apologize that our hotel was in a redesign phase and hope that your travels bring you back to Philadelphia to experience the hotel once again.
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Baltimore, Md
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the 2nd (and last unless under absolute duress) time I have stayed at this hotel and there is no way it is a 4* hotel. The room was nice and clean. But it does not warrant anything more than 3 stars. We got to listen to the pinging of the elevator that we were right across from all night and then a very rude wake-up call at 7a due to the construction right outside our window. As such, I do not believe that the windows are sound proofed at all because I could not sleep during my prior visit due to street noise. It would have been nice if the staff advised us upon check in that there may be construction in the morning. And when we told the manager upon check out, she claimed that they didn't know either. Really?!?! The equipment outside did not appear out of thin air over night. And I am ok with construction during the work week. But not on the weekend. And with that, had they at least told us, it would have been better than just getting jolted awake after already having a hard enough time sleeping due to the noise from the elevators.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dc_girly_girl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with me. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and product to provide a memorable experience for our valued guests.

The redesign project for the hotel is within a few days of completion however there is no excuse for work having interrupted your visit with us. I apologize. Consider a return visit and reach out to me personally if you are so inclined. Thank you.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

While I am not normally a 'regular' of the Radisson-brand properties, my several night stay at the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Philadelphia was actually good. Their location was probably the major plus, but the pricing which we found on an 'alternative' site was amazingly reasonable. I suspect they must be more price-competitive right now given the fact the hotel is basically a construction zone...noise, inconvenience, lack of lobby, dust and all. Perhaps we did not read the fine print when booking, but the continuing construction caught us by surprise. So beware that the gorgeous pictures of the hotel do not presently represent ANYTHING close to reality!

That said, our renovated room was small but nicely appointed and functional. Probably because of our discounted rate, we were initially given a room on a very low floor, near elevators and looking out into a dark hole. But the front desk (such as it was) was able to change us to a room with an exterior view...a nice gesture. Philadelphia is not a destination which requires a car, so the hotel's location was key. We easily took the train from the airport and then walked the 5-6 blocks from the Suburban Station to the hotel...very safe and easy even with rollerboards. Construction noise at 7am on a weekend is not my idea of a peaceful vacation, but at least it got us out of the hotel after having breakfast which was served in what appeared to be a converted conference room. And noise was not limited to external. Perhaps because of the age of the building itself, noise traveled between rooms and from the hallway. The entire hotel staff was very friendly and attentive and apparently trying to minimize the construction impact, but it was frankly hard to ignore. Hopefully, the construction will be completed sooner than later and before we consider visiting again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear eelSeattle:
Thank you for your stay at the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia and posting at Trip Advisor.

Thank you for making note of the recently renovated guest rooms with regard to their design and functionality. We offer many amenities that are complimentary like WiFi and bottled water. In fact this hotel is almost ready to open as the the first conversion property to the new Radisson Blu - the company's upper-upscale segment.

Philly is such a walkable city and it sounds like you both took some time to enjoy all the city
offers.I hope that you will consider us again should your travels include Philadelphia as a destination.
Bronx, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The New “Radisson Blu” upgrades to the room I was in were fantastic! – However be mindful that all the Lobby renovations are not complete, since I am not one for hanging in the hotel lobby this didn’t affect my trip. I gave the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia 4 stars because with the condensed space for check in and the move of the centennial breakfast the staff has to be ever mindful of customer service. Now I have stayed at this hotel several times before – during and looking forward to my stay AFTER all the renovations are complete.

As a Gold Club Carlson member I know I am treated to special amenities that might not be in a regular room – but Radisson has these “stand-by” upgrades that would allow anyone to experience these luxury rooms at a small additional cost. I will recommend that you ask to be place AWAY for the elevator – for with all the remodeling they didn’t sound proof the rooms very well and the bing of the elevator could clearly be heard in my room 1131 all night long, as well as any conversation of guest going to their room past my door at all hours of the day.

The Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia has Complimentary Wi-Fi which for a large hotel chain is always a big plus for me – and when you book a Business Class room on the upper floors be ready to be pampered with a BIG flat screen TV and even a terry robe (though I don’t use it – probably too large for it anyway) and of course the non-used espresso machine (but if you drink coffee it’s a perk)

Looking forward to my next stay in November

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear HAYNES5,
Thank you for your recent posting at Trip Advisor. And thank you for your patronage of our hotel and brand!

Yes, we are excited about our rebranding to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia shortly. The last and final phase is our lobby and we are very close to putting the finishing touches on the building. As you saw all of our guest rooms are completed with stylish and contemporary décor and lots of conveniences.

We have made a note in your profile about your room preference. We welcome a return visit at any time and do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here three nights. The room was large, the king bed was comfortable, there was excellent storage, and the bathroom had an updated sink and toilet. However, the tub was obviously the original shallow and steep sided fixture which had been coated with a non-slip finish that was peeling off in an ugly way around the drain. Service from the staff was excellent--always prompt, helpful, and cheery. The renovations in the lobby really didn't bother us. All the elevators were working fine. What did annoy us was the excessive use of some type of spray freshener on the new hall carpets and in our room. By the third morning, we had swollen sinuses and sore throats. However, the location of this hotel is wonderful and, armed with allergy medication, we would probably enjoy staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 155004Nellie,
Thank you for your recent posting at Trip Advisor. I see that you are a senior contributor for the Trip Advisor website and your feedback on our hotel is very valuable to us.

I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your experience as it greatly assist us in making improvements to our hotel and in providing the best service possible. I have shared your review with our team/. We welcome a return visit at any time and do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We checked in around 7:00 on a Saturday night, a bellman was there to help us with luggage and our car. Everything was very easy and everyone was very friendly! Once inside Troy and Dave were very accommodating, they went above and beyond what I would have expected! The room was HUGE and very clean! We will stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear sguidi:
Thank you for your comments.

We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our great service that we pride ourselves on. I shared your comments with David and Troy and they were thrilled! We are very pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, guest amenities, and central location.

We look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to (soon to be!) Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia again in the future.
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We checked in on Saturday, October 12. Staff was quite pleasant and helpful, both the valet and the front desk.

But I have never checked into a dirtier hotel room in my life. There was a coffee mug actually left in the room with old coffee in it. How the maid missed that I have no idea. There was a big white stain on the red bed coverlet. The sink had been hastily wiped with a filthy rag and there were large streaks on it. Maybe the grossest part was that the toilet had a ring of muck in the bowl. Furthermore, there was this old, hideous radiator that took up a lot of space in the room.

We didn't even unpack, and went downstairs to tell the front desk. The woman was extremely apologetic and tried to be helpful, but we obviously weren't going to stay there.

If anyone thinks I am exaggerating just respond to this write up and I will be happy to email you the photos so you know how bad this was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear RegularChitownGuy:
I was most disappointed to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with us on your recent visit.

We like to promote a high standard of quality and service and I am deeply apologetic that your experience did not reflect this. I reviewed your issue personally with the team.

Will your travels bring you back to Philadelphia? Please let me know and should you wish to try us again in the future, contact me directly.
Thank you.
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!