“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #30 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Booked by Amtrack. Taxi from the rail station pulled up just past the hotel but help was on hand immediately to get us to check-in. Main entrance is sealed off for upgrading & access is by a side door. Despite arriving before noon our room was ready, & nice room it was. Spacious clean fridge safe coffee maker what more would you want. Used the Coffee Shop for breakfast. Great help getting taxi back to rail station after 2 nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear sousse:
Thank you for your recent posting at Trip Advisor. I see that you are a top reviewer on the Trip Advisor website and your feedback is important to us.

Yes, we are excited about our rebranding to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia shortly. The last and final phase is lobby but as you saw all of our guest rooms are completed with stylish and contemporary décor and lots of conveniences.

Thank you also for your patience with our valet parking situation during this brief interim period. We welcome a return visit at any time and do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia!

907 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked via PL for 90$. And what a PL deal. I was a bit scared when I arrived given the renovations outside and in the lobby (they will become a Radisson Blu). The place has charm...but I was fearing the small big city hotel room (a la NYC). Was I surprised...in a good way. Check in was good...I was told my room was not ready yet (11AM) but within 5 minutes, thje situation changed and was provided my key.

The room was bigger than expected, the bed was king (and comfortable), the bathroom was a bit on the small side but modern, the TV was huge and the coffee machine was a Nestle Pod system with excellent choice of espresso and Americano. 2 free bottles of water per day.

There is a gym on premise which is full equipped, but no pool (i was enticed by a beautiful pool which I could see from my room, but alas, it belonged to the condo next door). There are plenty of breakfast options around, including Little Pete's across the street (for eggs and scrapple). Location is excellent, in an upscale neighborhood, and 10 minutes walk to Suburban train station to go to airport. Excellent place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Lubiere:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the beautiful Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel.

As you noticed, our hotel is in the midst of a redesign and will be rebranded shortly as Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Radisson Blu is a brand that is focused on design, style and attention to detail in every respect. From the fashion inspired rooms to the edgy and dramatic lobby the hotel's redesign will blend the contemporary with the signature architecture our hotel is so famous for.

I have shared your comment with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel.

Regards,
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My sister and I decided on taking a short sightseeing trip to Philadelphia. After looking at several hotels, we decided on the Radisson-Warwick. This hotel is centrally located to many sights. The overall appearance of the hotel from the outside was under construction. We didn't see the beautiful lobby and exterior. We could only imagine how beautiful it will be. Their check in desk was located in a walled off section. We had to enter the hotel from the side entrance. Still classy and beautiful. However, even under construction, this hotel managed to feel like a top rated hotel. The check in staff and porters were so helpful. As we were totally new to the city, they helped with restaurants, directions, luggage holding (as we arrived very early in the morning, and stayed in the city till after check out). The room was also top rate. We were pleasantly surprised, comfortable beds and linens, large modern bathroom with make-up mirror and nice towels. We even had our beds turned down at night, with mints on the pillows. Although, some of the sites we wanted to see were quite far (Ex. Eastern Pen., Penn's Landing, South St. Chinatown etc.) we enjoyed walking to all. In doing so, we discovered sites we wouldn't normally of found. Rittenhouse Square is just up the block and a great place to people watch or take a casual stroll.
As this week was restaurant week, we managed to have some great dinners, at great prices. Devon's up the block had terrific seafood. Actually, porter Jim M. recommended it to us, but they were totally booked. Well Jim, we managed to get in, we looked for you before checking out, but you weren't working. Just wanted to let you know It was great!!! We both would totally stay again at the Radisson-Warwick.

Dear europeantravel-7,

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on. As you did notice, our hotel is in the midst of a redesign and will be rebranded very shortly as Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel

I have shared your comment with the team and Jim M (who was delighted!) and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel. Take care,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here during our brief roadtrip to Philly and booked using the HotelTonight app (so we got a good deal on the room). They are turning this hotel into a Radisson Blu so they are rennovating the hotel. The rooms are very artsy (that's a good thing) and feature various pictures, including the iconic Andy Warhol soup can pieces. The beds were very comfortable and the free WiFi was a plus.
What knocked the rating down was the wedding and the valet: There was a wedding going on that evening and one of the elevators was solely for guests of the wedding. This would not have been a problem if there had been more than two elevators. A couple of hotel guests were left waiting for about 15min for the one elevator to reach the Penthouse and come back down. This also meant that the elevator was cramped due to all the guests having to use one elevator (as the wedding elevator carried about two people at a time). Next, when we went to head out for the evening, we called downstairs to have valet bring the car around. We were told it would be about 10 minutes so we waited about seven minutes before heading downstairs. As you guessed, our car wasn't ready. We waited an additional 10 minutes before our car came around. No explanation was given...

Ellington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in Philly. Granted, the lobby renovation is not complete (will be by the end of October) but everything else is nearly done and looks great. Hotel is in a great location near Rittenhouse Square. Service was excellent. Got to my room and loved the new design of the rooms. 1 of the more unique hotel rooms I have had. The bathroom sink design was a little funky but not a big issue.

I will gladly stay here again in the future.

Dear tchoiniere:
Thank you for your recent posting at Trip Advisor. I see that you are a top contributor who has travelled a great deal and we appreciate your feedback.

Yes, we are excited about our rebranding to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia shortly. The last and final phase is lobby but as you saw all of our guest rooms are completed with a new look and lots of conveniences.

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a "high end" Radisson in a great part of Philly (Rittenhouse Square). Part of the hotel consist of high end condos, so it's well looked after. There's a great upscale restaurant / bar connected to the lobby with plenty of local color with a piano player. Bartender "Joe" is fantastic.

Everything was well executed with my stay and I am a picky traveler. I would have offered 5 stars, but I'm dropping to two because of this:

My only complaint (and this is significant) is the valet. $34 for parking per night. I left $15 in the console/cup-holder in my car and it was missing when I got my car back. Also, the radio station presets were changed. So someone in the valet was doing who knows what with my car. I called the hotel to explain and the manager promptly refunded my parking charges then told me that the valet company (outsourced) would be getting back to me. I heard nothing. I was hoping the manager would follow up with me on this, but she didn't. So my parking fees went from $34 down to $15, if I include the lost cash, and no follow up. They really need to sort this out.

As with most higher end hotels - their service is defined by how they handle problems that inevitably come up.

At the very least, the manager should have followed back up with me to close the loop on this problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered with the valet while staying at our property. Furthermore, we apologize that hotel management was unable to follow up with you regarding the correspondence with the valet company. I will be contacting management to ensure you are contacted as promptly as possible.

Regards,
Jon
Online Customer Support
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

An iconic hotel in the heart of downtown Philly that's been transformed into a modern show place. The rooms have been completely redone in the upscale style of the Radisson Blu brand.

We stayed in room 1110, a spacious king with a great view of the city and the inviting hotel pool that is lit at night with blue lights then violet then blue again. Our room had been completely refurbished with new plush carpet, marble tiled bath with a rain shower and a huge flat screen TV that divided the large room creating a sitting area behind. The bed featured a soft inviting comforter and nice adjustable LED lights for reading. The 3 small windows have pull down shades that completely block out light and the room was super quiet (one of my favorite features in any hotel)

As they were still in the midst of renovation of the lobby there was some inconvenience with the valet service and you have to come in through a side door. Will be much better when finished up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear JimRiesterer,

Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!