“Nice rennovations!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Promotion
Ranked #28 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice rennovations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here during our brief roadtrip to Philly and booked using the HotelTonight app (so we got a good deal on the room). They are turning this hotel into a Radisson Blu so they are rennovating the hotel. The rooms are very artsy (that's a good thing) and feature various pictures, including the iconic Andy Warhol soup can pieces. The beds were very comfortable and the free WiFi was a plus.
What knocked the rating down was the wedding and the valet: There was a wedding going on that evening and one of the elevators was solely for guests of the wedding. This would not have been a problem if there had been more than two elevators. A couple of hotel guests were left waiting for about 15min for the one elevator to reach the Penthouse and come back down. This also meant that the elevator was cramped due to all the guests having to use one elevator (as the wedding elevator carried about two people at a time). Next, when we went to head out for the evening, we called downstairs to have valet bring the car around. We were told it would be about 10 minutes so we waited about seven minutes before heading downstairs. As you guessed, our car wasn't ready. We waited an additional 10 minutes before our car came around. No explanation was given...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ellington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in Philly. Granted, the lobby renovation is not complete (will be by the end of October) but everything else is nearly done and looks great. Hotel is in a great location near Rittenhouse Square. Service was excellent. Got to my room and loved the new design of the rooms. 1 of the more unique hotel rooms I have had. The bathroom sink design was a little funky but not a big issue.

I will gladly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear tchoiniere:
Thank you for your recent posting at Trip Advisor. I see that you are a top contributor who has travelled a great deal and we appreciate your feedback.

Yes, we are excited about our rebranding to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia shortly. The last and final phase is lobby but as you saw all of our guest rooms are completed with a new look and lots of conveniences.

Take care,

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a "high end" Radisson in a great part of Philly (Rittenhouse Square). Part of the hotel consist of high end condos, so it's well looked after. There's a great upscale restaurant / bar connected to the lobby with plenty of local color with a piano player. Bartender "Joe" is fantastic.

Everything was well executed with my stay and I am a picky traveler. I would have offered 5 stars, but I'm dropping to two because of this:

My only complaint (and this is significant) is the valet. $34 for parking per night. I left $15 in the console/cup-holder in my car and it was missing when I got my car back. Also, the radio station presets were changed. So someone in the valet was doing who knows what with my car. I called the hotel to explain and the manager promptly refunded my parking charges then told me that the valet company (outsourced) would be getting back to me. I heard nothing. I was hoping the manager would follow up with me on this, but she didn't. So my parking fees went from $34 down to $15, if I include the lost cash, and no follow up. They really need to sort this out.

As with most higher end hotels - their service is defined by how they handle problems that inevitably come up.

At the very least, the manager should have followed back up with me to close the loop on this problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered with the valet while staying at our property. Furthermore, we apologize that hotel management was unable to follow up with you regarding the correspondence with the valet company. I will be contacting management to ensure you are contacted as promptly as possible.

Regards,
Jon
Online Customer Support
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

An iconic hotel in the heart of downtown Philly that's been transformed into a modern show place. The rooms have been completely redone in the upscale style of the Radisson Blu brand.

We stayed in room 1110, a spacious king with a great view of the city and the inviting hotel pool that is lit at night with blue lights then violet then blue again. Our room had been completely refurbished with new plush carpet, marble tiled bath with a rain shower and a huge flat screen TV that divided the large room creating a sitting area behind. The bed featured a soft inviting comforter and nice adjustable LED lights for reading. The 3 small windows have pull down shades that completely block out light and the room was super quiet (one of my favorite features in any hotel)

As they were still in the midst of renovation of the lobby there was some inconvenience with the valet service and you have to come in through a side door. Will be much better when finished up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear JimRiesterer,
Thank you for your recent posting at Trip Advisor. I see that you are a top reviewer on the Trip Advisor website and your feedback is important to us.

Yes, we are excited about our rebranding to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia shortly. The last and final phase is lobby but as you saw all of our guest rooms are completed with stylish and contemporary décor and lots of conveniences.

Thank you also for your patience with our valet parking situation during this brief interim period. We welcome a return visit at any time and do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia!

Take care,

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel was located in the heart of the city. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room. Dining and entertainment were all in walking distance. We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Patrick D,
I am just getting to some of my emails and I want you to know that I read your comment when it arrived in my email, but have not had time until now to respond.

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on. I will share your comment with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel.

Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is being renovated, but the rooms and hallways are complete. The rooms are urban chic and have all the amenities that a business traveler needs and expects. The free wifi and daily bottle of water is much appreciated. The beds are great. Most importantly, the staff is fantastic. They are caring and attentive. My laundry went missing and the night supervisor, Emily was tireless in her search. When she discovered it stuck somewhere in the bowels of the hotel laundry shoot, she sent it out express and it was waiting for me the next morning. She personally delivered it to my room. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Philly and walking to restaurants and shops is a snap.
Once the lobby and restaurants are open, this will be a premier location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Anita171 :

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. Thanks for making note of our great rooms, fabulous locaton and genuinely caring staff.

We hope to see ou again soon!
west yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel and were pleased with the location close to Rittenhouse square and within walking distance of Independence Plaza. The hotel was average- large room and comfortable bed with free wifi. We were able to collect our Hertz hire car around the next block. We enjoyed visiting the market where we found excellent variety of food to eat. The hotel is currently being refurbished to Radisson Blue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear poppy57;

It was very kind of you to post a rveiw of the soon to be rebranded - Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia.

We appreciate the postive mention about our location and services and amenities.
We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!