“Very Good 2 night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #30 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
“Very Good 2 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here recently for 2 nights. I like to visit Philly a few times throughout the year - terrific restaurants and museums. This was my first time at the Radisson Plaza. Got a great 2 night deal on their website.

Pros:
. location: anything in Center City near Rittenhouse Square is ideal. And the Radisson Plaza's location is perfect - very convenient to great restaurants, shopping, and easy to grab a taxi up to the art museum.
. room size: I joined their loyalty program and was able to score a corner room - very nice. The room was very big, 3 windows, a window in the bathroom, good size work desk, nice sized bathroom.
. the bed: they have Sleep Number beds! I've always been curious about the Sleep Number so it was nice to try it on for size for 2 nights. If you're curious, the first night I slept at "35" the next night I slept at "45" (the higher the number, the more firm the mattress). Great bed, great night's sleep.
. customer service: I checked in on a Saturday afternoon and the lobby was quite busy but the front door valet immediately greeted my taxi and whisked my bags to the front desk. The front desk clerk knew I wanted a quiet room and took her time to find me a corner room, she was extremely friendly, the perfect welcome to my getaway.
. lobby and restaurants: the lobby of this hotel is grand and gorgeous - lots of space to meet friends, hang out, etc. I went to Tavern 17 for their buffet breakfast which was just fine - at first it didn't seem that impressive but then I realized, how much do I really need from a breakfast buffet? Everything I had was delicious.
. Prime Rib restaurant: I travel a lot and I love steak and prime rib. Hands down this is the BEST prime rib I every had - no question. Outstanding restaurant, if you can take advantage of their prix fixe menu.

Cons:
. the hotel is going under renovations - though this did not impact my visit at all, there's quite a bit of work going on and scaffolding out front
. room size: what's funny is that even though the corner room is quite large, it's not well layed out - because there's so much room, the distance from the bed to the tv is too far! with that much space between the bed and tv, better to have a much larger tv. also, would be nice if there was a table or something near the closet - set that up as the in-room coffee station rather than crowd the coffee maker onto the work desk
. the bathroom: as many people have mentioned, the sink/vanity is oddly too high but that said, there's lots of room on the counter. In addition, the toilet paper holder is oddly positioned too high next to the toilet. The towels are ok, not great. They've been overwashed so they feel a bit rough.
. noise: while I did not hear my next door neighbors (thank goodness), I DID hear my neighbors upstairs - stomp, stomp, stomp! Every step! During waking hours when I'm in and out of the room, I don't care but after midnight? It's a nuisance.

Overall, I would definitely return to the Radisson Plaza, especially for a 2-day Philly getaway. The hotel met all of my needs. I've stayed at nicer places in Philly but have paid more for roughly the same service I got here. Will be curious to see what happens after the renovations!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Germaine m, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed We look forward to your next trip

901 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's not quite three and it's not quite four, though I lean a bit toward three.

The Radisson Warwick is in a fine location within Center City. The hotel itself is old with what seems like somewhat recent renovations. I enjoyed the little perks like the Sleep Number bed and the new bathroom fixtures, though there were things like proportionally low ceilings that no renovation can really fix.

The front desk service was fine, though nothing spectacular or overly friendly - no complaints but also no raves. There were, however, a few cosmetic items/technical malfunctions during my stay. One of the doors in the vestibule at the entrance was either broken or not working, with a printed sign telling people to use the other door. One of the elevators was also not working during my stay. And though the water pressure was wonderful, the water temperature was consistently inconsistent, seesawing from lukewarm to warm for minutes at a time.

Overall, it's a nice place to stay if you're not looking to spend that much money. It makes a decent business hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your comments.

I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your experience as it greatly assist us in making improvements to our hotel and in providing the best service possible.

Our upcoming renovation plans for later this year will address many of the concerns you mention. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia again in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed 1 night here in January because I had a dinner reservation at Vetri for my birthday. My fiance and I just did a search of hotels close to the restaurant, and this one was most reasonable. We had no idea what kind of area this was or familiarity with Philadelphia in general. We were pleasantly surprised that this hotel is located in a great shopping and walking area!
We called for an early check in and I believe the person at the front desk I spoke to was Dave. He was able to accommodate us and told me that self park and valet parking were the same price, which was helpful info. When we got to the hotel, Dave checked us in a put us in a great corner room on the 4th floor. The corner room was very large and had three big windows. The room was clean airy. The lobby was beautiful and everyone who assisted us was friendly.
We enjoyed are stay and this hotel more than served it's purpose!

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for this hotel. We are so pleased that you selected the beautiful and historic Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel for your latest trip and dining experience in Philadelphia.

Thank you for noticing the friendliness and service extended by the staff. This hotel will be receiving a renovation shortly and we are excited about the fresh and exciting look. We looking forward to your next stay! Take care,
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband went to UPenn so we often travel from Baltimore to Philly for a quick night or so. Every time we do, we stay at the Radisson Warwick - it has become our Go-To Philly hotel. Our last stay was for Penn's alumni weekend when other hotels near campus jack up their already high prices. We, as usual, found the Radisson to be MUCH lower in price (from other websites that don't show you the hotel) for excellent service and clean, quality rooms. This hotel is just a short cab ride to and from Penn's campus and close to city center/Rittenhouse Square for late night fun. We will continue to stay here again and again so long as we get a great deal and continue to receive great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for this hotel. We are so pleased that you selected the beautiful and historic Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel for your latest trip and cultural experience in Philadelphia.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night and was pleased by the cleanliness of the hotel and especially the room itself. Was greeted with a friendly smile and warm welcome by each and every hotel staff member that I encountered. Found a great rate online at Radisson.com using AAA that included breakfast at Tavern 17 restaurant, and was delighted to find on arrival, that as a Club Carlson Gold Member, the room had been upgraded to business class on the 11th floor. As part of the upgrade, two free drink coupons to be used at the restaurant bar were included along with access to the Plaza Club lounge located on the 11th floor of the hotel which was staffed by a concierge. The lounge provided a variety of light snacks, a hot entrée and complimentary beer and wine in the evening as well as an upgraded continental breakfast with another hot entrée in the morning. Overall the stay was enjoyable.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for noticing the friendliness and service extended by the staff. This hotel will be receiving a renovation shortly and we are excited about the fresh and exciting look. We are looking forward to your next stay!

Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Radisson. The room itself was beautiful and featured a sleep number bed. Very nice! A couple of modest complaints; the TV is a little small for the size of the room, one of the outlets did not work and the bathroom door was squeaky (one of my hotel room pet peeves!). The staff is efficient and personable, no complaints there. We go an unexpected expense when we found that it cost us $34 to park overnight in the parking garage. There goes part of the savings we got through Hotwire.

If you stay here, you should remember that this is a city hotel and all night long you are likely to hear sirens, car horns and people talking loudly. Needless to say, despite the sleep number bed, it wasn't a very restful night's sleep.

Overall, it's a nice place... just be aware of the added charge for parking and the loudness of the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for this hotel. We are so pleased that you selected the beautiful and historic Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel for your latest trip to Philadelphia.

Thank you for noticing the friendliness and service extended by the staff. This hotel will be receiving a renovation shortly and with that a full window replacement that will significanlty aid in the reduction of outside city noise. We are very excited about the fresh and exciting look. We looking forward to your next stay!

Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last weekend, Philadelphia Car Show and Tickets to the Philadelphia Orchester at the Kimmel Center made the Center City Hotel a logical place to stay. I was married there over 50 years ago, the Hotel has outlasted the marriage by about 25 years.

A deluxe King Room was a reasonable value compared to the other similar hotels in the immediate area. The room was well located and quite, bathroom was suitable, furniture a bit shop worn, and the room had a rather clean yet very sterile look.

Pleasantly updated, well managed and very genteel would best describe its current ambiance.
I live about an hour and a half South of the City so spending the night made sense, I enjoyed the bustle of the city - walking to Broad Street - the 7:45 PM crowds getting to the Kimmel Center as well as the Academy of Music made me think I was actually off Broadway in NYC trying to get to the theater.

Just 1/2 a block of Rittenhouse Square - made an early Sunday AM walk very pleasant.
You can get nicer facilities for a bit more money, but this location is really terrific if you intend to do things in the city. The Prime Rib Restaurant is located just off the lobby, it is a top rated Steak House - That was the only meal we had in the hotel.

r

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for this hotel. I am so pleased that you returned - (I hope this wasn't the first time in 50 years though!) to the beautiful and historic Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel. The location IS the absolute best in the city - thank you for that recognition!

The hotel will be receiving a major redesign shortly and we are excited about the fresh and exciting look. We looking forward to your next stay!

Joanne Cunningham

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!